“needs an overhaul” 1 of 5 stars
Review of StaySky Suites I-Drive Orlando

Save Saved
You added StaySky Suites I-Drive Orlando to your Saves list
StaySky Suites I-Drive Orlando
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7601 Canada Avenue, Orlando, FL 32819 (Formerly Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Universal)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
15% off room rate
Ranked #129 of 328 hotels in Orlando
Belfast, United Kingdom
“needs an overhaul”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

pool too small for size of hotel. rowdy guests allowed to take over pool area and hotel. breakfast times understaffed and so chaotic we decided to buy cereal and eat in our room instead. Room dark dreary and in major need of an overhaul. Electrics faulty in the room. Lift to room so slow the stairs were best option.
Maid service was good and a girl called Marian at the reception desk was the only shining light in the place. The fridge in our room was big and worked well. as did the microwave.
The convenience store in the lobby is a joke as it is so small i walked past it and sells virtually nothing at hugely inflated prices. Def will not be staying again. Should have been half the price we paid.

Room Tip: find another hotel
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Alpharooms

Mairead N, Guest Relations Manager at StaySky Suites I-Drive Orlando, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Thank you for your comments. We are so sorry you were disappointed with your recent experience. We will be sure to relay your comments to the appropriate departments for immediate action. We hope that you might give us another opportunity to show you better hospitality in the future.

76 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My husband and I stayed for 4 days at the end of June/beginning of July. We have stayed at countless hotels over the years and this was definitely Number 1! We absolutely loved StaySky! Besides having a friendly staff, the room was beautiful.. it was quiet and so clean! (Two things that I worry about whenever we book a room.) The bed was super comfortable.. spacious bathroom, kitchen, living room.. Great location, beautiful landscaping and pool area. In all, the hotel was wonderful and more than we could have hoped for and we will definitely be letting all our friends know to stay at StaySky when they visit Orlando! Thank you for running a fabulous hotel!!

• Stayed June 2014
Mairead N, Guest Relations Manager at StaySky Suites I-Drive Orlando, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thank you so much for your comments! We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and we can't wait to welcome you back again next time. Thanks again!
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed here the first week of June and cannot recommend it highly enough. We are a family of 6 and booked 3 rooms. On the day of arrival our son was sick and Dan and Rafael could not have done more to help us, including moving our sons to a room closer to ours. The suites were a great size and the beds were very comfortable. It was handy to have a full sized fridge and cooking facilities (although we ate out every night at several of the restaurants an easy 5 minute walk away on I Drive). The free breakfast met all our requirements - at the very least you could have a bowl of cereal, toast and a coffee before heading out for the day and the happy hour every afternoon was a nice bonus. The pool area was always well maintained and we never had trouble getting a table and chairs. I'd done hours of research before booking our accommodation and have to say I am so grateful that I chose here, the cleanliness, comfort and most importantly, fantastic customer service want a long way to making our holiday such an enjoyable one. P.S. Book directly through the hotels website for the best, great value rates!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Mairead N, Guest Relations Manager at StaySky Suites I-Drive Orlando, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Thank you so much! We are delighted you were so impressed with our hotel, and we will be sure to let Dan and Rafael know their great services do not go unnoticed. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review, and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Thanks again!
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

The hotel we stayed overnight before going to Melbourne for a wedding.

Location: Near international drive and universal. The location is near hi ways and shopping areas and commercials.

Gym: 3 treadmills and 1 cycling

Pool: Did not use but lots of people used this and the half court basketball

Breakfast: Had some sort of meat/onion mix and bread as hot items. Apple juice /water/ orange juice/milk was in machine. Cereal choices was four options. Pastry was toast , small donut and a sourdough bread with a moving rack. Fruit was cut and open and yogurt was open to serve not in Togo containers.

Kitchen: had plates and silverware stove, oven, dishwasher, fridge, freezer, microwave. All good condition.Wallpaper and paint was old and tell its age and condition not great but the room was for sleeping so no big deal. Not much or any noticeable stains or gross items that deterred us from staying.

Cable: local and with hbo channels

Business center: 2 computers and printer

Parking: open parking around building with only one entrance in front

Area: felt safe and ok to walk a round

Near local attractions everywhere. We booked via Hotwire and found out the hotel afterwards. Not disappointed

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you so much for your comments! We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and we can't wait to welcome you back again next time. Thanks again!
Mayaguez, null, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Good hot breakfast each morning, excellent service in the rooms, clean towels and beds with clean sheets everyday and friendly staff and directed to the service. I would definitely stay in Staysky Suites again.

• Stayed June 2014
Mairead N, Guest Relations Manager at StaySky Suites I-Drive Orlando, responded to this review, 1 week ago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

At first the customer service was great till the next day. I felt like when I asked for anything I was bothering them. More than 5 occasions the front desk associates were on.private cell phone calls or smoking right in front. There is a huge raccon problem. I had to park in the back and got stuck in.my car. The halls smell and the hot breakfast taste like a microwaves worst nightmare. There was never hot water and their kitchen in the rooms are set up for 2 not 6. The pool hours should be longer. But its better than a motel 6.

• Stayed June 2014
Mairead N, Guest Relations Manager at StaySky Suites I-Drive Orlando, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback. We are so sorry to hear that you were disappointed with some elements of your stay. We appreciate your insights and will be sure to share them with the appropriate departments for improvements. Thanks again.
Paisley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This place is a wonderful find. Gone are the days of checking into a tiny room with loads of outside noise and loud air con - yes, the suites are in a need of a freshen up in some areas, but it's only recently been taken over by StaySky, so I'm guessing they are taking care of that! The suites are lovely, a very ample kitchen, comfortable lounge with flatscreen, a large bedroom with another flat screen, a dressing room and a bathroom.

The staff were all very polite and helpful during our time there. You can buy some supplies from the main desk too if you need water, beer, chips, ice cream etc.

Breakfast was ample enough, got us going and on our way to the parks without too much fuss or timewasting. Lovely idea having a free drink during happy hour from the bar, gets you down to relax before going out.

With regards location. It's a 15 minute easy walk to I-Drive and all that it has to offer.

We would stay here again in a heartbeat, thanks to all for making our stay so good.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
We are thrilled to hear that you had a wonderful stay! We appreciate you taking the time to write a review, and we are delighted to hear that we exceeded your expectations. We appreciate your recommendation, and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Been to StaySky Suites I-Drive Orlando? Share your experiences!