“Excellant stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of StaySky Suites I-Drive Orlando

You added StaySky Suites I-Drive Orlando to your Saves list
StaySky Suites I-Drive Orlando
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7601 Canada Avenue, Orlando, FL 32819 (Formerly Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Universal)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
15% off room rate
Ranked #170 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Madison, Wisconsin
“Excellant stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

We have enjoy our stay in Orlando FL and the Stay Sky Suites where we stayed at was Excellent. We found that place last year and have decided to come back to the same one. I found that all the workers there where very good and friendly. Thanks everyone see you all next year!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Mairead N, Guest Relations Manager at StaySky Suites I-Drive Orlando, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Thanks so much! We are thrilled to hear that we exceeded your expectations, and that you are looking forward to a return visit next year. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Take care.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Laval, Quebec, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

Room was large, clean and comfortable. My room was across from the elevator but very quiet and I could not hear the elevator. Hotel is within walking distance of most restaurants. Breakfast was adequate. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Pool was warm and pool area clean.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Thank you so much for your review. We are so glad that you enjoyed our hotel, amenities and helpful staff. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us, and we hope that you will choose to stay with us again the next time you are visiting Orlando.
Pratt, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

I'm late on this by several months, but I want to say thank you to all of you that made my stay wonderful. My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon back in August and it was fantastic. Only minor problem was that I had turned 21 a few days before coming and had some problems with my ID at the hotel bar (my state issues a paper one until the new one comes in and it can take up to a month), but we got it all figured out. Again, thank you for making our honeymoon magical. PS: the location is wonderful for shopping at all those little dollar shops :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks so much, and congratulations to you and your husband! We are delighted that you chose to spend your honeymoon with us, and that you both had a fantastic time. We hope that you will come back to stay with us again soon.
Llansanffraid Glan Conwy, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Stayed here 5 years ago and found it to be a brilliant base for a 'Florida' holiday. So really happy to revisit. In a quiet road within 2 minute walk of the I-Drive with plenty of restaurants and bars within walking distance. A 10 minute walk to Wet & Wild. 5 minutes by cab to Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure though there are free shuttles from the hotel. Found the 9.25a.m. shuttle to Disney quite laborious however as needed to pick up at several other hotels before dropping at universal then revisiting those hotels again to pick up for Disney so on the bus for nearly 1.5 hours to undertake a 30 minute journey. The spacious hotel room was a little dated with worn patches on the couch and chair, however faultlessly clean (our maid was fab and so helpful) bed was really comfy.Plus free WiFi. We BBQd by the pool several times so found the room kitchen facils very useful especially the big fridge with icemaker! The main reception & bar had been updated and looked good and the pool area, basket ball court and grill area were a big hit and kept immaculately clean by the lovely Victor. The biggest plus of this hotel however is the staff, we were looked after brilliantly by Malli and Dan who were incredibly helpful, totally indulgent of our whims and seemed genuinely interested in making sure we had a great time (big thanks guys). The downside however was the breakfast-though complementary, it was absolute chaos, the food not great and the staff struggled to resupply both food and clean plates. Also in the evenings after happy hour the hotel bar closed and it would be nice perhaps if a couple times a week it stayed open a little later, as we didn't always want to go out after a long day at the Parks. In conclusion, I would recommend this accommodation as an ideal family base for a Florida holiday.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us for a second time! We are delighted that Dan, Victor and the rest of the team showed you great hospitality, and that you all enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your insights and recommendation, and hope to welcome you back again soon.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

We always use private villas on our visits to America (ashamed to admit slightly snobby about i-drive) but due to family visiting and meeting American friends, we ended up here. We would stay again in a heartbeat. Spotlessly clean rooms, great staff, including front desk and bar staff. I can't see what more you would require. Security staff were brilliant as well. Well done Sky Suites hope to see you soon x

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thanks so much! We are so glad that you chose to give us a try this time around, and we are delighted to hear that we exceeded your expectations. We look forward to showing you the same great hospitality on your next visit. Thanks again.
Milton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

- We stayed in the hotel for 8 nights. 2 queen and 1 sofa bed.

Here are the important things to consider ;

- The hotel is near Universal Studios
- Free Breakfast, free shuttle to all three attractions - Sea world, Universal and Disney
- Two queen bedrooms ( not double)
- Kitchen with Stove
- Little old. You can see the age. Two TV but not flat/lcd
- Washroom is little small. Only one certain in the bath tub, only one sink for all four of us.
- Room service, Hotel over all customer service is very good.
- When you call them, it goes to the call center. The staff is quick and accurate in their response
- No bad surprises.
- Breakfast is basic. After 3 days, you will get boarded and wanted to eat something different.
- It is the best match of the price.
- We booked it through expedia with flight, and it costs us very cheap.
- Also, nearby Gifts shops are good place to shop.
- We rent a car, but if you want to avoid the renting of a car, the hotel is a good option.

I recommend the hotel and would give 3.5/4 out of 5 of my own rating.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Mairead N, Guest Relations Manager at StaySky Suites I-Drive Orlando, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Thanks so much. We appreciate all of the details you have included in your review, and we are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope that you will choose to stay with us again the next time you are visiting Orlando.
colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Filthy torn living room furniture, dingy, not vacuumed (wasn't my toenail), and a couple of bugs crawled up my arm while I was sitting in the chair. Because I used Hotwire (never again), we felt obliged to stay; however, even so, we checked out a day early, because it was just too grubby. Ancient televisions, refrigerator leaning to one side, kitchen far too sparsely furnished (not enough glasses, cups, etc., no dishwashing soap); with the range of accommodations in the area, this was a simply a bad choice, especially for the price.
Good location, hot breakfast a plus, nice staff.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Mairead N, Guest Relations Manager at StaySky Suites I-Drive Orlando, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
We are so sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your recent stay. However, we appreciate your comments and will relay them to the appropriate departments. We are glad that you found our staff friendly, and our location convenient. Thanks so much.

Been to StaySky Suites I-Drive Orlando? Share your experiences!