“Horrible customer service and very dirty lobby, rooms and disgusting elevators” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Orlando Downtown

Save Saved
You added Ramada Orlando Downtown to your Saves list
Ramada Orlando Downtown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3155 S John Young Pkwy, Orlando, FL 32805 (Formerly Ramada Plaza Orlando Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #301 of 328 hotels in Orlando
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I made our reservation over the phone with a credit card prior to arriving. The lady who helped me over the phone was great. Once I arrived at the hotel it seemed alright from the outside just like in the pictures but once I walked it in seemed like something out of a horror movie. It smelled horrible to where I even had to cover my nose as I walked over to the check in counter. We checked in around 3am. I decided to pay in cash since I was told it was ok. Once the check in was complete the man at the desk told me they didn't have anymore rooms in the building and that he only had rooms outside available. He made a note on his notepad to move me to a better room the next morning as soon as the guests had checked out. As we got inside our hotel room the electricity was not working and the water was not working as well. Oh and the door to the balcony did not close at all. I tried calling the front desk but no one answered. We were so tired at this point that we just had to sleep and we figured, well the man whom checked us in would be moving us in the morning so we decided to stick it out for the night.
The next morning came and I called the front desk only to be told they could not move us because we were a cash paying custome.What ?????? So I asked, what is going on with the employees giving guests the run around with false information ? She told me that cash paying customers get the bad side of the hotel and the credit card paying customers get the better side since the rooms have more expensive items in the room and the credit card is to cover damage to these items.
I decide to go to the front desk and give my credit card (keep in mind during check in when I changed from paying in credit card to cash they did not disclose to me the option of staying at the better side by paying in credit card as opposed to paying in cash)because the room was horrible and We could not go another night in this room. Once we are given the other room it was the same exact room with the same low end lights, old school tvs. So I asks myself, what expensive better items are in this room that I needed a credit card for if its the same exact room as the bad side of the hotel? Again, I went to the front desk to complain and demanded an explanation as to why we are given false information and why the run around. The lady rolled her eyes at me and decided to share (at this moment) that only two floors had been updated and hold the better looking rooms with the upgrades. So again, I go to yet another room. Not to my my surprise at all, yet another room exactly the same as the rest except for a 27 inch flat screen tv which would not stay plugged into the wall since the outlet was broken.... Wow ! I was in shock as to the customer service and lack of information. I was a very upset guest. I was in a hurry to leave the hotel at this point to get a start on our vacation which started so horribly.

Oh, the pool... It was so gross!!!! The kiddie pool was green and my kids did not want to even go in. I witnessed from my balcony window the pool maintenance guy test the pool waters and throw away the test strip into the bushes. The pool was just disgusting...

No wifi in the hotel at all.

Oh, the elevators smelled like dirty diapers. My youngest 3 year old got stuck inside by herself because the door sensors did not work. So scary!!!

The doors leading outside to the parking lock did not even lock. So no security for the hotel guests. Anyone could sneak in and hang out or do damage , use the pool etc....

Be ware this hotel also charged an additional $5.00 fee daily just because they have a disgusting pool, store and restaurant on site.

I would be ware if you stay at this hotel..... Not safe, very dirty etc.....
We will never book this hotel again.

Room Tip: No good rooms .. The upgraded rooms they so call it only has a 27 in flat screen the rest of the roo...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

196 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I will have to say most of the staff was nice and friendly. My problem was the last day of my stay. I was reading poolside, and someone came out to me and was very rude, asking if some children in the pool were mine. He did not ask any other adult, and the lady that was with him rolled her eyes at me when I told them that those children were not mine. Some people who think they are in management need an attitude adjustment. Probably will not be back until people at the top learn people skills. And the elevators constantly smelled like poop, when they were working.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Ponce, Puerto Rico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

First of all when you enter the hotel it smells like cat urine. Then the elevator smelled like burnt cables, and when u think it cabt get worse the room was as stinky as the entrance. There were even many prostitutes in the hotel and plenty of people in the parking lot. Skip this hotel not good at all.

Stayed July 2014
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

At one time this most likely was a "Grand" Hotel. Sadly it has been run down over the years. As of 2014 the newest owners are making headway into returning it to its former state.

It has very a very nice lobby and common area and a nice "baby grand" Piano Bar. (It would be nice if they changed up the music offerings from time to time, it is always the same)

The rooms are also being upgraded with modern TV's, new carpet, paint etc. Each room has a nice private balcony overlooking the pool area (or parking lot). The AC units appear to also slowly being upgraded to digital thermostats and fan controls, they are reasonably quiet and efficiently cool the rooms in a short period of time. .

Of all the front desk help Robin and Silva are great. They get to know you if you are a regular guest and have all your stuff in order. Robin left recently which is unfortunate.

Very nice pool and pool deck, and a nice although currently "COLD" Jacuzzi.

The local area around the hotel is not desirable, (pretty rough) don't leave any valuables in your vehicle.

Bottom line, if you need a short stay not too awfully far from the attractions it is cost effective and easy to get to right off of the interstate. If you are a business traveler and have business in the area it is not to bad, easy to get in and out of. (One major con for business is lack of a desk in the room, there is a dinette table but it is just not a "desk area"

Room Tip: Pool side rooms have a nicer view but you get a little more noise from the interstate. Upper level r...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Sunrise, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW via mobile

From check in to check out bad experience. .. I prepaid for king size bed to be told they only have 2 double. Or I could wait an additional hr while they clean one. This is after waiting 45min to check in at 3pm. Both beds in room were broken. U sink in the middle of beds. Elevator doors open before elevator stop. Entire building DIRTY.. No towels in bathroom. Fiancé fell on side walk hurt his knee. Clerk at front desk.. Silva I thank her name was said oh u was outside we not responsible. . (Not asking for anything jus curious) Finally before we left next morning there was a slippery wen wet sign poster!!!

• Stayed July 2014
CummingsJohn, Director of Sales at Ramada Orlando Downtown, responded to this review, 6 days ago
The management and staff at the Ramada Orlando care about your satisfaction before and during your stay.

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to post a review on this site. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis.

Best Regards

John Cummings
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I went with my family to visit Orlando. It looks good from outside but from inside its all mess. I don't have problem with front desk clerk. Rooms are not that much good. I made coffee at my room and wanted creamer and sugar. So I took creamer and sugar from the breakfast area and the lady over there was telling me that you can't take that much of creamer and sugar. It was just only 6-7 sugar. So, After spending money I have to listen all these nonsense. I have heard 3-4 gun shot as well. So please don't make your life and your families life in Danger.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Best Regards

John Cummings
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I searched for this hotel online that informed me that they had free wi fi which I thought would be in the room but I was wrong...I had no face towels ohhh lets not forget the big roach that was sitting on the corner on his back waiting for someone to throw it away....There was hair all in the shower.,,,,,,,,,,I was on the balcony and saw so much trash on the grounds as if they had no grounds keeper,,,,,,,and then they had the worse maid service very GHETTOOOOOOO...omg,,,never again,,,,I'm not staying @ a non name hotel where I had clean towels clean sheets security all the time,,,,cleaning service was great,,,,wifi in the room...in the room I sd 4 nights $99.00 clean Vacation Lodge....

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Been to Ramada Orlando Downtown? Share your experiences!