I made our reservation over the phone with a credit card prior to arriving. The lady who helped me over the phone was great. Once I arrived at the hotel it seemed alright from the outside just like in the pictures but once I walked it in seemed like something out of a horror movie. It smelled horrible to where I even had to cover my nose as I walked over to the check in counter. We checked in around 3am. I decided to pay in cash since I was told it was ok. Once the check in was complete the man at the desk told me they didn't have anymore rooms in the building and that he only had rooms outside available. He made a note on his notepad to move me to a better room the next morning as soon as the guests had checked out. As we got inside our hotel room the electricity was not working and the water was not working as well. Oh and the door to the balcony did not close at all. I tried calling the front desk but no one answered. We were so tired at this point that we just had to sleep and we figured, well the man whom checked us in would be moving us in the morning so we decided to stick it out for the night.
The next morning came and I called the front desk only to be told they could not move us because we were a cash paying custome.What ?????? So I asked, what is going on with the employees giving guests the run around with false information ? She told me that cash paying customers get the bad side of the hotel and the credit card paying customers get the better side since the rooms have more expensive items in the room and the credit card is to cover damage to these items.
I decide to go to the front desk and give my credit card (keep in mind during check in when I changed from paying in credit card to cash they did not disclose to me the option of staying at the better side by paying in credit card as opposed to paying in cash)because the room was horrible and We could not go another night in this room. Once we are given the other room it was the same exact room with the same low end lights, old school tvs. So I asks myself, what expensive better items are in this room that I needed a credit card for if its the same exact room as the bad side of the hotel? Again, I went to the front desk to complain and demanded an explanation as to why we are given false information and why the run around. The lady rolled her eyes at me and decided to share (at this moment) that only two floors had been updated and hold the better looking rooms with the upgrades. So again, I go to yet another room. Not to my my surprise at all, yet another room exactly the same as the rest except for a 27 inch flat screen tv which would not stay plugged into the wall since the outlet was broken.... Wow ! I was in shock as to the customer service and lack of information. I was a very upset guest. I was in a hurry to leave the hotel at this point to get a start on our vacation which started so horribly.
Oh, the pool... It was so gross!!!! The kiddie pool was green and my kids did not want to even go in. I witnessed from my balcony window the pool maintenance guy test the pool waters and throw away the test strip into the bushes. The pool was just disgusting...
No wifi in the hotel at all.
Oh, the elevators smelled like dirty diapers. My youngest 3 year old got stuck inside by herself because the door sensors did not work. So scary!!!
The doors leading outside to the parking lock did not even lock. So no security for the hotel guests. Anyone could sneak in and hang out or do damage , use the pool etc....
Be ware this hotel also charged an additional $5.00 fee daily just because they have a disgusting pool, store and restaurant on site.
I would be ware if you stay at this hotel..... Not safe, very dirty etc.....
We will never book this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Orlando Grand Hotel is centrally located between the downtown Orlando financial district, the Orlando Citrus Bowl and Universal Studios Orlando. The hotel is at the intersection of I-4 and John Young Parkway in Orlando, FL providing quick access to all areas of Orlando, FL. Orlando Grand features Standard Double Bed rooms, Deluxe King Bed rooms and family oriented Kid Suites. The property features on-site restaurant and bar. Stay Grand, Stay Orlando Grand! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Wyndham, Expedia, Tingo, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, HostelBookers, BookingOdigeoWL, TripOnline SA and Venere so you can book your Ramada Orlando Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Plaza Orlando Resort East Universal Studios
- Ramada Universal Studios
- Ramada Plaza Resort Universal Studios
- Ramada Orlando
- Orlando Ramada