“Bed bugs!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Orlando Downtown

You added Ramada Orlando Downtown to your Saves list
Ramada Orlando Downtown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3155 S John Young Pkwy, Orlando, FL 32805 (Formerly Ramada Plaza Orlando Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #296 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
“Bed bugs!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

I actually stayed with family to avoid driving home late at night, in just a matter of hours my torso and arms had been bitten up by bed bugs. My family member woke up with pink eye, I'm sure due to the filth in the pillows or towels. We also found an empty condom wrapper besise the bed. I have never in my life experienced something like this and I am extremely appalled with the filth and pest in that hotel room. Ramada, at least attempt to take interest of the health and safety of your customers, please and thank you!

• Stayed March 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Spring Hill, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

my faimily and i stayed at this hotel this past weekend.the enterance had garbage built up
and stayed there 4 three days.the room had roaches all over it was gross there was nobody there that could handle are complaint had to buy my own roach spray.i mean what would they do anyway move us to another room WITH ROACHES.the hallway`s were dirty,the pool was cold and dirty,hot tub NO HEAT.it really made for a very bad trip.THE BEST IS THE CUSTOMER SERVICE
THERE WAS NONE.IVE BE CALLING FOR THREE DAY`S NO CALL`S BACK MANY EMAIL`S .NO SURPRIZE.SO SEE PICS I HAVE 27 PICS ONLY PUT ON FEW TO GET MY POINT ACROSS.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Boca Raton, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

I want to start by saying that as an emassador's son I have been to the best hotels as well as the worse and have never experienced anything like this one. After a long day at Disney, we arrived at the hotel at 2am with a sleeping 5 year old and 2 one year olds. We had 3 rooms which 2 out of the 3 had roaches. The front desk offered to change the rooms and again the same in the others.

When I asked to get a refund because we could not stay, the front desk clerk assured I would not get a refund. I called hotelsbyme and due to the seriousness of the problem, they were able to make an exception and give me a refund against the clerks will.

The front desk had the nerve to call the police stating that I was threatening him. The only thing threatening to him was that I took a video of the roaches, the lobby, the clerk and my family leaving at 3am which I will send to the health department and the local news channel.

When I saw the police drive up I stayed to give a statement. At this point the clerk stood behind te police officer insulting and yelling at me in both English and Spanish.

I was at this establishment 03/24 from aprox 2am until a little after 3am.

AVOID THIS HOTEL NO MATTER THE PRICE

Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

I came for an event at the convention. The hotel was convenient because it was by I-4. The hotel is average. But all things considering it was worth it. The front desk staff, especially Camlan, was amazing. She was extremely helpful. I appreciate her help.

Charleston, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

The hotel rooms are very dirty. We actually bought bleach and cleaned the shower. The cleaning staff was a rude. We came home from a day out and the door was left unlocked and OPEN! There's also amenity fees per night that was a added charge. Amenitys?!!!! There was no hair conditioner, no towels for pool, gift shop was closed, pool was dirty, and not even hand sanitizer in the container in the lobby. It was a disappointment. I will say they're trying to fix my disappointing stay but I felt I still had to warn people. Sorry Ramada.

Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

This Ramada hotel gives the chain a bad name. The entry area was decent but entering our room, we were engulfed by the musty stench of what I now know to be mold. Simply out dated and disgusting. The bathroom's fixtures were old, rusted and dented. Sink was stained and chipped. Mold on shower tiles. Ceiling was chipped. There were no wash cloths. Soda bottle was left in fridge from previous guest. Balcony furniture was dirty and rusted. Cigarette smoke filtrated the halls in this "smoke free" hotel. Soda can and cigarette butts littered the elevator (that wasn't working at the time). More litter on one of the side entry floors. Must I go on? Personally, I think this hotel needs a total overhaul or needs to simply close for business. By the way, be aware of the $5 a day resort fee (uhhh, for the amenities... i.e. weight room (with no weights), spa (still looking for it)... Lol. You've been warned.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

I would avoid this hotel at all cost. I had reservations for two rooms, for two nights. Checked out early. The bathroom had a crusty old towel hanging on the shower rod, asked them to come back and clean they "did" come back and after returning to the room a few hours later the used towel was still there?! Called down and no one ever came up to fix it. The bathroom had sewer coming out of the wall, the smoke detector was literally hanging off the wall~room should have never been rented out. The second room was not as bad, but still very bad, the front door would not lock, the bed had not been changed, had a yellow urine stain on the sheets. Called and left messages for John Cummings and never heard back? very disappointed

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Ramada Orlando Downtown? Share your experiences!