“Great location, Great Front desk, Okay Hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Orlando Downtown

You added Ramada Orlando Downtown to your Saves list
Ramada Orlando Downtown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3155 S John Young Pkwy, Orlando, FL 32805 (Formerly Ramada Plaza Orlando Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #296 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Gainesville, Florida
“Great location, Great Front desk, Okay Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

The location of this hotel is great. I came down for the Miami v. Louisville game at the citrus bowl so the location was great. You are right by I-4 so downtown wasn't far nor was universal. The weekend was crazy and the hotel was extremely busy. I want to say that Camlan at the front desk was excellent. Even though front desk was so busy she did a great job of giving great customer service. She answers all your questions and makes sure your stay is as pleasant as possible.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
CummingsJohn, Director of Sales at Ramada Orlando Downtown, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Thank you for your feedback and comments regarding your stay with us. The staff and management takes great pride in the value of service and accommodations that we provide each and every guest that we host on a daily basis. Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you again during your next trip to Orlando.

John Cummings

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

House keeping is awful, but overall a some good services. If you ever go there ask for Camlan she is awesome awesome coustomer service skills!! The resort is at a convenient location for quick in and out its right by I4 and in the heart of Orlando. Not too much to pay for a cab from the clubs to this resort.

• Stayed December 2013
Thank you for your comments and feedback regarding your stay with us at Ramada. I am truly glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you during your next trip to Orlando.

Orlando
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

My experience here was horrible I genuinely want to warn everyone who is thinking about staying here NOT to. I have no idea why 14 people said their experience here was excellent. My family and I (mom,dad, and brother) had made reservations 3 months in advance and yes we were part of the "time share scam", defiantly learned our mistake. Anyways, we got here at noon and were greeted by a African American lady I did not catch her name, but she was very rude. There was no smile on her face and she still had food on her face when she came out to the front desk. She very rudely said that there were no rooms available and that we had to wait for three hours (until 3 pm) until a room was ready, so we proceeded to stay in the lobby since we were all so tired. Thankfully a lady called Robin asked us to see her at 2 pm and gave us a room (#523) so we didn't have to wait until 3 pm. Once we got in the elevator there was an odor of mold or something rotting in the hallways once we got out and proceeded to our room we noticed a lot of stains on the carpets. After we got in the room we ordered two pizzas and Robin was very helpful in using our food vouchers that we got from the cruise line to order the pizzas for us. After that we decided to go out and explore Orlando, after coming back I was the first to use the shower. In the shower hung on top of the shower rod where the shower curtain hung where two pair of underwear one pair men's and the other pair women's. It was very discussing, I couldn't wait to get out of there. It was pretty late at night and we had already settled in and since we were only gone stay for one more night we decided to stay in the room since it took us forever to get it and didn't feel like waiting another 3 hours for another room. The next day we went out pretty early in the morning around 9 am. The Breakfast buffet was pretty good (only $7.50 per person) and the food was well prepared. After staying out the whole day we came to the hotel room around 6 pm and had dinner. Dinner was very good as well and the food was awesome. There is only three people on staff the front desk person, the waiter and one person for housekeeping (dressed in normal clothes and not a uniform). After dinner we decided to check out the pool area, the pool was pretty clean but the hot tub was pretty dirty. After going back to our room, we noticed left over food in take put boxes thrown out in the hallway, once we entered the room the sheets were not changed, the towels were not changed and no one had cleaned up the room. We had no choice but to stay in our room. After an hour a housekeeping came by and asked us if we wanted him to clean our room (it was already 8:30 at night) we were really tired and had to catch an early flight the next day (at 6:30 am) so we opted out. Honestly through words can't describe how discussing this hotel was. Think twice before you check in. Bedsides Robin and the restaurant downstairs being the only 2 positive things this hotel had to offer. Ramada should really think about getting a new staff, new carpeting and stop trying to save money because they will lose all their customers in the end.

Stayed December 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us at Ramada. First I would like to address your comments about the time share scam. We are just a whole sealer to the company and do not have a affiliation with them besides providing the guest rooms. Your issues with the front desk and housekeeping have been addressed with the department managers and a action plain has been implemented to ensure that they are corrected. Never the less I am truly sorry that your stay was less then a success and would like to make things right. Please feel free to contact me directly.

Miramar, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

This is one of the worst hotels I have ever been in. The carpets were dirty and smelled, the bathrooms were disgusting. It had terrible management and horrible customer service. I recommend no one else stays at this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't go there.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback and comments regarding your stay with us. We are in the process of replacing all the carpets in the hotel guest rooms. As fas as your comments regarding the bathroom have been addressed with the housekeeping staff.

Vero Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

Old smelly run dowm an very filthy room
Garbage left on bathroom floor an under bed. Run down old rooms. Bathroom was dirty . Not sure when room was last cleaned. Room numbers r written in pen outside door.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your feedback and comments regarding your stay. Ramada staff and management works hard to exceed each and every guests explanations each day. I am truly sorry that your stay was less then a success. The issues that you have described in your review have been brought to the attention of the head housekeeper and a action plain has been implemented to ensure that they have been corrected. I hope that you will give us a second chance the next time that you travel to Orlando to so we can show you how hard we are working to make each and every guest stay a truly memorable success.

Posadas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

Incredible price for what you get. Pretty good and big rooms where we fit 4 guys. Location is pretty good, between International Drive and Downtown, and pretty easy access. You don't have to pay parking, and they have good pool and a small fitness room which is ok tu run and do some work out. I can't complain about this hotel and I would definetely be back mainly because of the price.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your feedback and comments regarding your stay with us at Ramada Downtown Orlando. The staff and management takes great pride in the value of service and accommodations that we provied each and every guest that we host on a daily basis. We thank you for your business and look forward to serving your lodging needs in the near future.

North Port, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

I'm extremely cheap, so I could care less about some place I'm sleeping in for one night for $35. GiMme a break. This place is the four seasons to Bear Grylls sleeping in the dirty jungle. My husband was creeped out, it was grimy...like a "pay by the hour" hotel. Needless to say: he won't be letting me book the next hotel :) I wouldn't touch the bedspread with a ten foot pole, to be honest. He made me check the bed for bugs before he'd peel back the covers.

The elevator is hilarious! I felt like a construction worker making my way to work. My husband looked like a frightened baby boy.

• Stayed December 2013
CummingsJohn, Director of Sales at Ramada Orlando Downtown, responded to this review, December 14, 2013
Thank you for your comments and feedback regarding your stay. I am glad that the stay was a value for you. Ramada is in the process of redoing all the guest rooms with new carpets, AC, TV, and bedding. Thank you for your business and most importance your honest feedback.

John Cummings

Been to Ramada Orlando Downtown? Share your experiences!