“No Magic, No Towels, No Service” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Orlando Downtown

You added Ramada Orlando Downtown to your Saves list
Ramada Orlando Downtown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3155 S John Young Pkwy, Orlando, FL 32805 (Formerly Ramada Plaza Orlando Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #304 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
“No Magic, No Towels, No Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

After 2 nights at this hotel, I can say that I've stayed in better kept hotels in rural cities in developing countries. At least there you expect lack of amenities. We were checked into a room with soaked carpet from a leaky ac, moved to another room with no towels or toilet paper and after waiting for over 4 hours for housekeeping went to front desk, who cheerfully gave us towels and paper. Give the restruant a miss - Food terrible, service worse. There are many choices in Orlando. Ones with more magic. Go there.

• Stayed September 2013
CummingsJohn, Director of Sales at Ramada Orlando Downtown, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you for your comments and feedback regarding your stay with us. Senor management has made drastic changes to the staff to ensure that we exceed each and every guests expectations that we host each and every day. Please feel free to contact me directly so I can make things right .

John Cummings

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Key West
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

I am currently staying here and its my first night...booked this place particularly because it had complimentary wifi and I would be working on my computer all week.

Since I checked In it has not worked and they kept saying they would "reset". But it didn't work.

The girl in the afternoon (I think her name was Shanda or Shana or something similar) was very very nice, but who ever was working the front desk tonight was pretty rude when I called. She said "we are full and when we are full everyone is fighting for signal"...I told her I don't pay to stay here to fight for signal and she said "we'll we have 200 rooms bye" and hung up on me. Went to the lobby and it still wasnt working (meanwhile there were other people there complaining about it too) - the sad part is I wouldn't have mind if there was some honesty about it in that she did not know what the problem was, but the tone was trying to deflect the problem onto me. I have stayed at $30 a night hotel rooms better than this and better service. Aside from the one nice employee this morning/afternoon (8/30/13) there isn't much about this place to brag about. Rooms are average and like I said just as (in some aspects less than) nice as some cheaper hotels.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for your comments and feedback regarding our stay with us. I am truly sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. Management and staff are looking into the issues you described and ensure that they have been corrected. Never the less I am sorry your stay did not go as plained and hope that you will give us a second chance during your next stay in Orlando to show you that we are working hard to ensure that we exceed all guest expectations.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I am currently staying at this hotel they give Ramada a BAD name. upon arrival staff was nice but it had a wierd smell in the lobby. the carpets smell old and are stained.the first night I had to complain because my air conditioner was not working and there was no fridge or microwave in the room. the switched us to a room with no safe. old tvs with like 3 channels,uncomfortable beds with dirty sheets. I dropped something on the floor and discovered water bottles,food,and shoe boxes under the bed soo gross.bathroom still has a smell like someone doo doo and didnt flush.then they put charges on the card on file twice which I had to fight and get refunded because they tried to sucker me with these bogus charges.wifi also sucks and hardly works but they wanna charge $5 a night for it I honestly cant wait to check out this week I wouldn't ever ever recommend it to anyone!!!! This is what u call GHETTO

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for your comments and feedback regarding your stay with us. I am truly sorry that your stay was less then a success. The issues that you described in your post have been brought to department managers and a action plain was put in place to ensure that they have been corrected. Never the less I am truly sorry that you did not enjoy your stay and would like to make things right. Please feel free to contact e directly.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is nicely upgraded. Unfortunately , this hotel has an odor as soon as you enter the lobby in the elevator and in the rooms. The A/C can help the odor in the room but the rest of the hotel needs some air freshner. Amanda in the restaurant is great. She is friendly and sociable, really helped make our stay pleasant.

• Stayed August 2013
CummingsJohn, Director of Sales at Ramada Orlando Downtown, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thank you for your comments and feedback regarding your stay with us. I am truly glad that your stay with us was a true success and look forward to seeing you again soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

My name is Larry Ford and I'm a football player for the Orlando Predators. I stayed in the Ramada for about a week and it was a good experience. Very quiet, nice pool and hot tub, the fitness room could use some work and the food place downstairs was awesome. Great breakfast, lunch and dinner. Amanda was great. Did everything with a smile. Yasmine was awesome as well. I would def recommend to the owner of my team to keep the Ramada as a place to stay for future needs!!

• Stayed August 2013
CummingsJohn, Director of Sales at Ramada Orlando Downtown, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and comments regarding your stay with us. I am truly glad that Amanda and the F&B staff made your stay a success. Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you again soon at Ramada Downtown Orlando.

Curacao
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

My name is Pablo we stayed for 8 days and are very pleased to stay at Ramada hotel,
when the renovation is ready it most be much beter.

The front desk, Jacqueline is a super lady in her work ( Whit a big smile).
She made our stay awesome.

Thank you all guys.

One remark the wifi is not the best or was it my phone!!

Room Tip: Ask for Jacqueline
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
CummingsJohn, Director of Sales at Ramada Orlando Downtown, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and comments regarding your stay with us. Ramada Downtown Orlando takes great pride in the quality of service and accommodations that we provide each and every guest that we host. I am glad to hear that Jacquelyn at the front desk made your stay with us a great success. Thank you for your business and look forward to seeing you again soon in the near future.

Mayaguez, null, Puerto Rico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I'm military from Puerto Rico and manage to get a room for my wife and myself for two weeks, during the month of july at a great price. The front desk, Robin and Jacqueline Ramos were super. They made our stay to be one of the most outstanding for there awesome service. Without any doubt, if there were persons like them in every hotel, knowone would have a negative feedback written. They are GREAT. Please, let the owner and manager know what two outstanding employee they have on board.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
CummingsJohn, Director of Sales at Ramada Orlando Downtown, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. The quality of service and accommodations that we provide each and every guest that we host is the up most important to us. Thank you for your business and look forward to seeing you again soon.

John Cummings

Been to Ramada Orlando Downtown? Share your experiences!