“Great Service” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Orlando Downtown

You added Ramada Orlando Downtown to your Saves list
Ramada Orlando Downtown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3155 S John Young Pkwy, Orlando, FL 32805 (Formerly Ramada Plaza Orlando Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #302 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Houston
“Great Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

The hotel is very nice and would recommend anyone to stay here while in Orlando. My family and I were able to get this hotel because it was part of our vacation package. The waiter's there are very kind. Amanda Mitchell was very sweet and helped us out a lot! She made sure we were good and happy with our meals.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
CummingsJohn, Director of Sales at Ramada Orlando Downtown, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. Ramada take great pride in the value of service and accommodations that we provide each and every guest that we host. Thank you for your business and we are glad your stay with us was a success.

Best Regards,

John Cummings

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

My boyfriend and I were traveling to Orlando for a weekend and we booked the room at a really great price for 3 nights. After reading the reviews we imagined it would be a horrible stay. We expected the same saying "you get what you pay for". This is actually a nice accomodation. The room was really neat, the bathrooms were clean. Clean sheets, no pests. The hotel was quiet. The whole time during our stay we never recieved room service and no one ever stopped to clean our room. We ended up having to request clean towels/sheets from housekeeping. Also, when it was time to check in we couldnt get into our room due to the key/door malfunctioning so we had to wait around for an hour. On the last night we were locked out again and had to request a maintenece man to fix the lock which was a bit frustrating but it took no longer than 5 minutes. So overall it was a great stay. Room included a nice patio. Nice clean pool and hot tub with waterfall. I enjoyed my stay. I would definitely stay again and recommend for future guests.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
CummingsJohn, Director of Sales at Ramada Orlando Downtown, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. We take great pride at Ramada to ensure that each and every guest that we host gets the best possible service each and every time we have the pleasure to host them. I am glad that your stay was a success and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Walker, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

My friends and I booked what was supposed to be a "great deal" on the cruise line Bahamas Celebration. Our vacation was for an entire week and we were really looking forward to it (literally counting down the days) but it turned out to be a disaster from the moment we left Louisiana. When we made it here, to the Ramada Orlando, we were depressed and angry because our vacation was a FAIL. We were initially not impressed with the hotel, but we all agreed that it was better than the Ramada that we stayed in previously in Fort Lauderdale and the closet space that we were provided on the Bahamas Celebration cruise. We were hesitant about using our "free vouchers" to eat dinner at the hotel because of the horrible food that we encountered at the Ramada in Fort Lauderdale. It was horrific-but that's another review. So we we decided to have dinner at the Ramada Orlando and met one of the nicest people that we encountered on our entire vacation. Her name was Amanda Mitchell. She was kind, patient, understanding, and she showed massive empathy toward us once she learned that our trip was a flop. The food was delicious and it made us feel a lot better to receive good hospitality- FINALLY. Amanda is a great contribution to this company, and the hotel is lucky to have such a warm, welcoming manager.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your feedback and kind words regarding our staff. I thank you for your business and look forward to seeing you the next time your in Orlando.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

There was no one to help us with our bags which is unheard of with a hotel. The floors smelled throughout the entire hotel like wet dog. The only think that was decent was the staff, particularly " Amanda Mitchell" whom worked in the dinner area and she made sure to put smiles on our faces after we felt we wouldn't ever again.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. The issues that you described have been brought to the attention of department managers and a action plain has been put in place to ensure that they wont happen again.

Best Regards,

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

The hotel looks grand enough but is a disappointment. The rooms are OK but tatty and in serious need of a refurbish. The hotel is spending a small fortune on repainting all the exterior metal work and the money would be better spent on the inside. The furniture, carpet, decoration are all below par however the house keeping staff do a wonderful job and keep everything very clean and tidy.
The front desk staff Kay, Robbin, Amanda, Carroll and Cherie do a great job of dealing with everything. The maintenance chaps Howard & Rashid are always on hand to fix any problems in the room. If you rely on Wi-Fi best check to see if it has been upgraded as at the moment it often does not work or reach all the rooms.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
CummingsJohn, Director of Sales at Ramada Orlando Downtown, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. Yes you are correct that we are redoing the entire hotel both inside and out. Mann upgrades have been done including Flat screen HD televisions and new bedding in the entire property. Once again thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

The Lord blessed me to take a trip to Orlando, FL for five days for a mini vacation and I have to say, I don't believe there was another hotel that could compete with this one. The staff was very nice, helpful and hospital while the cleaning crew added a little extra joy to my mornings with their warm, friendly service. On the second day of my visit I decided to browse around the hotel to learn my way around. Since I was staying for a week I wanted to know where everything was and I found every amenity that wad advertised on the website. Pool, Hot tube, game room, fitness room, laundry room......and...get this.....upstairs on the 4th Floor is a CHURCH!!! Yes that's right! "Mount Zion Tabernacle"!!! Ehen I sae this I knew that I was in the right hotel!! The Lord had placed me there on purpose. I attended their Bible study that Wednesday evening with Pastor Stanley Murray and his lovely wife. To sum it all up in a nut shell, (because I can go on forever with this review) if I could've lived in this hotel I WOULD!! I was made to feel as though I was right at home. Every person's experience is different, so I choae to ignore the negative reviews and stay here anyway, and I'm happy I did. I didn't want to leave! I don't remember the names of the staff that I encountered but they were all a blessing in my book! GOD BLESS THIS HOTEL AND EVERY PERSON WHO WORKS HERE AND VISITS HERE, IN JESUS NAME, AMEN.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. I was a true pleasure to host you during your trip.

Morriston, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

We stayed there in Feb. of this year. Not the best hotel , but was told next time we come back, it will be nicer rooms as they are remodeling it . My husband and I are going to this hotel again this Saturday July 6 th . I was hoping by now it would be almost done. I already made reservations. . I have read some really bad reviews from just recent posts . My husband is 59 and has a rare bone marrow failure... . It took me a LONG time to save this money to drive and stay at this hotel.We won't be doing much just relaxing I am just hoping that this will be better than what all these people are saying now. .A nice clean room and a nice view on any floor with the balcony .is all we ask for. Of course and a clean pool. I will see come Saturday. Thank You Nancy Martin..

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
CummingsJohn, Director of Sales at Ramada Orlando Downtown, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. We strive to ensure that all guests receive the best service and best accommodations for the best price during each and every stay. Thank you for your business

John Cummings

Been to Ramada Orlando Downtown? Share your experiences!