You added Extended Stay America - Orlando - Universal Studios - Vineland Rd. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Orlando - Universal Studios - Vineland Rd.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5610 Vineland Road, Orlando, FL 32819 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #197 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
New Port Richey, Florida
“Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We just returned home from the Deluxe Extended Hotel by Universal Studios. Once you get past the dirty carpet in the lobby it gets better. The front desk was very accommodating. I had booked through Hotwire and upon arrival I requested a suite on the 3rd floor. No problem, they had availability and gave us a room on the 3rd floor. I had read in other reviews that staying on one of the lower floors you may have to put up with overhead noise. The room was clean, the bed was comfy and the kitchen was convenient. The best thing was that we could walk to Universal Studios which saved us $15.00 a day times two days.

Room Tip: Third floor was nice and quiet. We overlooked the pool.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
OrlandoESH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Universal Studios - Vineland Rd., responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear luv2traveltoo2:

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for your positive comments. I'm glad the hotel location was convenient for you so you could walk to Universal and save some money. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Sincerely, Axel Adarve

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Savannah, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

This place is very cheap. Everything is very old. Pictures are way better than reality. Location is good and price appears reasonable, but quality is terrible. Breakfast is a joke - terrible coffee and bagel. I would not stay there again and I do like low prices.

Room Tip: Try to find rooms far from elevator to avoid noise
Dear Igorek007:

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that our hotel didn't meet your expectations. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your comments. I want to let you know that our hotel is scheduled for renovation this year and with this we will certainly eliminate some of your concerns. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at aadarve@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Omaha, Nebraska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

The only downfall of our whole Orlando experience was the hotel. It was a redo from a Studios Plus that was rundown. The carpets, drapes, dishes,bedding, etc were very old and overused. The windows had an uncleanable film on them and the room had a "smell" of a Indian kitchen; even after spraying air freshener and lighting candles throughout our stay. "Their" idea of continental breakfast was a bagel or muffin in a bag with no beverages. So outside of that issue, we had an excellent time. The pictures on line definately were of a different era.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear psymon3031:

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am sorry to hear that our hotel was the only downfall of your Orlando experience. On a positive note, our hotel is scheduled for renovation later this year. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional questions or concerns , please reach out to me at aadarve@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Quito
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Very Good hotel to stay with a large family. Confortable and with an excellent location. The only problem is the noise upstairs because you can hear every little sound in the upper floor. But is highly recommended.

Room Tip: Try to choose the third floor.
Jacksonville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

I took my family to this hotel for Christmas vacation. The hotel is a very nice place to stay and has a great location to just about everything you need or want to do in Orlando. The location of the this hotel is very safe. The service is very professional and polite; they will take care of you for anything that you need. For example, my wife wanted more towels. The service brought quickly to our room towels AND extra pillows. My only problem with this place is the breakfast. Even though they offer breakfast, it is not breakfast. It is more like a morning snack- Yogurt, muffins, and bagels. You are better off going to a grocery store to cook breakfast than eating at the hotel's breakfast. Another thing is that this hotel is pet friendly; however, you will pay an extra $25 a night per pet.
As for the room, it was clean, neat, and comfortable for the most part. The only problem I had was the bed. When I slept on the bed in my room (room 221), I felt that the bed was hard. Don't get me wrong, I acquired great nights of sleep, but I wish the bed was more comfortable. If you feel like you can't sleep on the bed, I would recommend sleeping on the recliner if the room has one. I passed out immediately on one and received an excellent night sleep. The room I had also had a refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave, sink, and stove. If you want to cut costs of food, I would recommend looking for a grocery store and buying food to cook.
Overall, I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who needs a place to stay in Orlando.

Room Tip: If you want to save money on food, bring at least a pot or two. You can go to the grocery store and...
Dear BlackOut1983:

I appreciate you taking the time to write such detail review about you December stay. It's great to hear that you were pleased with the hotel cleanliness as well as the quality of service our staff provided. You will be pleased to know that thanks to guest requests like yours, we are now offering a wider variety of breakfast items. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I couldn't be more disappointed! I spent more than 2thousand dollars at this hotel, I had to unclog my own toilet, got yelled, yes, yelled!, by the manager for clogging and fixing! Got told I smoke, when I don't, I just had to light diff smells due to the smelly accident in the bathroom.She frightened me so much in my own room, I told her YES, I smoked..because her eyes were eating my brains already. Therefore had to pay $250 in 3 hrs.. Early in the morning I caught the Manager Tasha and another lady talking about the peoples routine, who usually leaves the hotel during the day, who doesn't.. I felt so violated!
All this hurricane started when the Manager found out Im from another country,... I could tell she has no patience with foreign people! She scared me!

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
OrlandoESH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Universal Studios - Vineland Rd., responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear lisa t:

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am deeply sorry that you had a poor experience at our hotel. I have discussed your comments with all members of our staff and corrective measures have been put in place. Please contact me directly at aadarve@extendedstay.com if you would like to discuss further.

Aurora, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

Aside from the unwelcome reception (because we used hotwire) this place was a great value. Be aware that if you book for 2 people using hotwire or priceline they will try to give you a room with only one bed even if theres 2 guys sharing. They then try to charge you $30 per night to upgrade to 2 double beds which is almost what Inpaid for the room itself! The rooms are spacious and offer a nice mini kitchen. Its very close to universal and I would recommend a stay here.

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Extended Stay America - Orlando - Universal Studios - Vineland Rd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Orlando - Universal Studios - Vineland Rd.

Address: 5610 Vineland Road, Orlando, FL 32819 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe)
Location: United States > Florida > Central Florida > Orlando
#22 Best Value Hotel in Orlando
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Orlando - Universal Studios - Vineland Rd. 2.5*
Extended Stay Deluxe - Orlando - Universal Studios features 84 suites with full kitchens, recliner or sofa bed, and free wifi. The hotel is less than a mile from Universal Studios, and conveniently close to Orlando Convention Center, Sea World, and the Disney parks. Amenities include an outdoor pool with barbecue area, fitness center, guest laundry and a complimentary grab n'go breakfast. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Extended Stay, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Orlando - Universal Studios - Vineland Rd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Deluxe Orlando-Universal Studios Hotel Orlando
Extended Stay Orlando
Extended Stay America Orlando
Orlando Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Orlando - Universal Studios - Vineland Rd., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.