You added Extended Stay America - Orlando - Universal Studios - Vineland Rd. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Orlando - Universal Studios - Vineland Rd.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5610 Vineland Road, Orlando, FL 32819 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #201 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
other
“Best Hotel Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Wow is the best i can say..the staff is amazing. being close to everything the price and having a full kitchen does not compare..i love this hotel even better than the disney hotels. love it love it...

Room Tip: ask for the deluxe when booking and make sure you are booking at the extended stay deluxe.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Universal Studios - Vineland Rd., responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels and for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay. We value your comments so we can continue to improve the service we offer. It was a great pleasure for me to read the comments you sent regarding your stay in Extended Stay Deluxe Orlando - Universal Studios.

One of the greatest rewards of my job is receiving encouraging feedback such as yours with great comments like "I love this hotel". Our staff at the Extended Stay Deluxe Orlando - Universal Studios takes pride is creating a memorable, exceptional “home away from home” for our guests. Hearing that we have accomplished that goal means that we have delivered you the value and experience you expect.

Thank you again for your positive comments. I have shared them with our entire team as well. We look forward to hosting you once again at Extended Stay Hotels. If I can be of further assistance to you, please feel free to contact me directly at 407.370.4428.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012 via mobile

It is quietly and conveniently located behind Kirkman Rd within walking distance of the Universal entrance. it also has several food and coffee locations within walking distance. The staff was not over friendly but not rude. While it is not a five star hotel the room was more than we expected for the price we paid (under $80). The eat-in kitchen was fabulous and room was clean and comfortable. I can not say the same about the carpets in the hallway but no bugs! The pool was a nice size and also clean. I would stay here again for the price and location.

• Stayed June 2012
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

Super clean, comfortable, all the necessities and then some, at a great budget rate. Honestly, it seemed so clean that I asked if it had been recently refurbished. Friendliest and most helpful staff I've seen in a long time, across the board. Coffee, bagels, muffins, yogurt, and fruit sauce for a quick morning bite. Pool was really clean, brand new pool furniture. Bed was firm (my preference) and very comfortable. And... the window opens, to let in some fresh air!! Yay! WiFi worked fine, free printing in the lobby. You can upgrade to higher speed if you really need it, but regular speed was fine for me.

It's like renting an apartment. In Orlando, how long are you in your room anyway? I always leave the "do not disturb" sign on my door anyway, so no daily maid service is no problem for me. You can request maid service for a small extra fee. Took full advantage of the full-sized fridge, microwave, and even the oven to crisp up some leftovers. The only thing I didn't do was empty my own trash down the hall. I just tipped the maid extra when I checked out. Tip: Wash a dish before you use it; who knows how well the last guest cleaned it? Oh, and there is "room service" of sorts. It's an independent company that serves many local hotels from several local eateries. A bit pricey, but great in a pinch (and they deliver until the wee hours).

If Universal is your goal, this is the place. It's "across the street." A couple miles walk though (no matter where you stay, unless its "onsite" at four times the price). Bus out front is $2pp, cab is just over $6. I did the cab, and it was FAST; best option for 3 or more people (or even 1, in my book; saved the walking for the parks). If Sea World is your goal, this is too far away; costly or very time-consuming to get to the SW parks. Probably the same for Disney. This is the "Universal" place to stay.

Extended Stay America is an even lower rate, and it's "next door" (things are very spread out here, so "next door" and "across the street" are a lot more than a hop, skip, and jump). If you don't need a pool, breakfast bagels, or WiFi, it's an even better deal. And, if it's half as clean and friendly as Deluxe, I'd say go for it.

Note to non-smokers: I think the smoking rooms are all on the 3rd floor. If you happen to get one and don't smoke, please understand that there are TONS and TONS of non-smoking budget hotels to choose from, not to mention all the parks, restaurants, transportation, etc.. So, if you really HATE smoking enough to worry about a little smoke smell anywhere in the vicinity, please don't book here. Yes, some smokers do stay here, but if a little distant whiff once in a while doesn't bother you, this is a great place.

Happy travels!

Room Tip: Can't say which rooms to choose, but I found that the staff will try their very best to fulfill...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Paris
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

Nothing exceptional but staff were great and was more than expected for the price. Fantastic location and access to the park.

Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

Been to this Hotel 3 times and its comfy enough for the short stay, close to stores, restaurants and universal studios. staff is good, hotel is clean and quiet. The basic needs are there. People expect plasma tv, jacuzzi, Breakfast in bed or open food bar in an Affordable hotel. I Mean,common sense is free people...use it or go stay in a fancy hotel where you pay for the toilet paper because its wrapped with the hotel logo. whoopeee !
Will be back in 2012.

Room Tip: Call before you check in.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Lady Lake
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

I have stayed in several Extended Stay Deluxe Hotels. They all seem, at least to me, to be a hit or a miss. This was one of the nicer ones I have been in. Very well maintained, and front desk people were very nice. Excellent location. Would recommend.

Only con is the comfort of the beds. Every extended stay I have been in the bed comfort is terrible. Not unique to this one.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Old Town, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

We arrived too early for check in, although they were willing to accomodate me if the room were available. It was not, so they asked that I check in later. When I informed them I had refrigerated items (leftovers from our stay in Palm Beach) they offered to keep them for me in their fridge until my check in. We spent the afternoon at Wet n Wild (which is too noisy and crowded IMHO, but that's a different subject), then had a trouble free check in.

The room was much larger than I anticipated, a queen suite fully equipped with a small kitchen, living area, bedroom and a walk in closet which by itself was nearly the size of hotel rooms in NYC! For our short stay (2 days) it was a bit much but if I needed a place to stay long term, I know where I'll be going.

The bed was comfortable, the room very clean. The third floor hallway had a bit of a funky smell, but I don't spend a lot of time hanging in the hall. The property is a stone's throw from Universal and a short drive (15-20 minutes, depending on traffic) from Sea World and Wet n Wild. A very nice property, overall.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Extended Stay America - Orlando - Universal Studios - Vineland Rd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Orlando - Universal Studios - Vineland Rd.

Address: 5610 Vineland Road, Orlando, FL 32819 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe)
Location: United States > Florida > Central Florida > Orlando
Ranked #201 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Orlando - Universal Studios - Vineland Rd. 2.5*
Extended Stay Deluxe - Orlando - Universal Studios features 84 suites with full kitchens, recliner or sofa bed, and free wifi. The hotel is less than a mile from Universal Studios, and conveniently close to Orlando Convention Center, Sea World, and the Disney parks. Amenities include an outdoor pool with barbecue area, fitness center, guest laundry and a complimentary grab n'go breakfast. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Extended Stay, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Orlando - Universal Studios - Vineland Rd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Deluxe Orlando-Universal Studios Hotel Orlando
Extended Stay Orlando
Extended Stay America Orlando
Orlando Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Orlando - Universal Studios - Vineland Rd., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.