“Easy access, close to parks” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #171 of 327 hotels in Orlando
Olathe, Kansas
“Easy access, close to parks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

We stayed here two nights. Very close to parks, bus access, although we rented a car, clean rooms, we had full size beds which I wish were Queens, since two adults can't sleep in one full sized bed, had to share with kids. Nice pool, small, but warm, never crowded. Nice staff, Pretty nice continental breakfast. We used our choice points to pay for, but I think the rates were around 79.00/nite. They have someone in the lobby selling park tickets too, if you need to get them. If you need a pizza recommendation....Flippers Pizza...OMG...get the Greek, the best I have EVER had!!!

Room Tip: Try and get Queen beds, the full size are too small.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

228 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Spokane, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

We stayed 7 nights during a recent trip to Orlando. The rooms were clean and the continental breakfast was decent. The staff was friendly and always available. There were shuttles to almost everything, except the airport. It's not a 5 star hotel, but you get what you pay for and we didn't want to spend a thousand dollars on a hotel. This worked great for us.

Room Tip: We had a room by the pool and we heard screaming kids a few nights until 9 or 10.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Ashville, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

I am very loyal to Choice Hotels and I will stay at them when I travel. This hotel is not one of their better "Choices". I wish I would have saw these reviews before I booked but it was spur of them moment and just for one night so I survived. I had to wait 10 mins to check in. I was on a lower level floor and I swear it was like a rhino rally above me! The room was below average in my opinion. The location of the hotel is great, cab ride to Universal from the hotel is less then $15 including tip.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Bermuda
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

Two Words....Total Dump!!!! Stayed here in December with my parents, husband and kids for 1 week. This place was sooo disgusting. There where bugs crawling on the bathroom sink, the room doors didn't close properly leaving our belongs unsecured. Maintenance was suppose to repair but to no avail. The carpet was sooo dirty I wouldn't allow for my kids to walk around the room barefoot. Had to dispose of the socks as they wouldn't come clean in the wash. Thank goodness for the air conditioner...even though it was so loud we barley slept, but if it wasn't on the smell for the carpet would have been unbarable.

Yuck!!!

Never again would I stay here nor would I recommend it.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012 via mobile

We took 4 rooms for 2 nights for a family trip to visit Universal. This hotel is very close to the park (1 mile) and is a good price for so near. The king rooms are great and other than rust in the tub and my dislike of shower curtains had no problems. The other two rooms were doubles which was difficult for my son and his wife as the beds were so small. Also the hotel did not have a crib available for their baby. My other son have an overflowing toilet and when he called the front desk, they had no maintenance staff there and told him to come get a plunger and deal with it himself.

• Stayed March 2012
Moncton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

We found a discount coupon through a saver website. The deal here is you print a coupon, bring it with you, walk in and IF they have rooms available, they are supposed to honor the coupon. We had planned to spend one night here, maybe a second too. Upon check in, the male desk person was super friendly, and honored the coupon, and said if we wanted to stay another night, we could get the same price with the coupon.... The hotel, and room were 100% fine. Very clean, secure, well equipped, modern, comfy, no problems. The breakfast was a typical contintental break-y, you would get at most Florida hotels. (all we ever need for breakfast). We went to the front desk planning to book a second night, and the lady working there was most unhelpful, she would not honor coupon, didnt care that the other gentleman already said it was ok, and tried to double the price of the (same) room if we stayed in it. Even more $ if we wanted another room. We left, but ti was not because of the hotel, just the attempted goughing of us (stupid tourists).

Room Tip: check in late, to avoid the unhelpful daytime lady.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

We stayed for four nights last week. The pros...clean room, relatively quiet, we could hear the doors close in the adjoining rooms, but other than that, it was relatively quiet. The staff was very friendly, polite, etc. Very, very near Universal Studios. Good restaurants, drug stores, etc. nearby. The price was very fair about $60 a night, AAA AutoClub Rate. The free breakfast was decent, yogurt, cereal, muffins, waffles, orange juice, apple juice, bannanas. Would have liked scrambled eggs, but pretty good regardless.
The beds were ok, comfortable, double beds, not queens, but still comfortable. The pillows were small, but very comfortable. The air conditioner was older, but it worked very well and masked any outside noise.
The cons...comforter had some small red stains on it, but was replaced upon my request. On two seperate days, a couple of the bath towels had pubic hairs on them. A little picky maybe, but I like clean towels.
The shower is a bit small and the curtain slides very easily meaning that the bathroom floor will get quite wet very easily. There was already water damage on the doorframe near the floor.
The bathroom sink/mirror is in the room not inside as a seperate bathroom.
The breakfast area was way, wayyyyyy too small-not a realistic space for a hotel that size. We had to wait for a table the first couple of days. Then we just gave up, went down picked up the food and ate in our room.

All in all a good fall back option for us. We usually stay at a Comfort Inn and Suites-same chain just a step up in quality. But a good backup, relatively clean, friendly staff, quiet rooms, free healthy breakfast, good location. If you can get it for $60- $75, take it.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Universal Studios? Share your experiences!