“Would not come again......” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #175 of 328 hotels in Orlando
Ashville, Ohio
“Would not come again......”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

I am very loyal to Choice Hotels and I will stay at them when I travel. This hotel is not one of their better "Choices". I wish I would have saw these reviews before I booked but it was spur of them moment and just for one night so I survived. I had to wait 10 mins to check in. I was on a lower level floor and I swear it was like a rhino rally above me! The room was below average in my opinion. The location of the hotel is great, cab ride to Universal from the hotel is less then $15 including tip.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

222 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Bermuda
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

Two Words....Total Dump!!!! Stayed here in December with my parents, husband and kids for 1 week. This place was sooo disgusting. There where bugs crawling on the bathroom sink, the room doors didn't close properly leaving our belongs unsecured. Maintenance was suppose to repair but to no avail. The carpet was sooo dirty I wouldn't allow for my kids to walk around the room barefoot. Had to dispose of the socks as they wouldn't come clean in the wash. Thank goodness for the air conditioner...even though it was so loud we barley slept, but if it wasn't on the smell for the carpet would have been unbarable.

Yuck!!!

Never again would I stay here nor would I recommend it.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012 via mobile

We took 4 rooms for 2 nights for a family trip to visit Universal. This hotel is very close to the park (1 mile) and is a good price for so near. The king rooms are great and other than rust in the tub and my dislike of shower curtains had no problems. The other two rooms were doubles which was difficult for my son and his wife as the beds were so small. Also the hotel did not have a crib available for their baby. My other son have an overflowing toilet and when he called the front desk, they had no maintenance staff there and told him to come get a plunger and deal with it himself.

• Stayed March 2012
Moncton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

We found a discount coupon through a saver website. The deal here is you print a coupon, bring it with you, walk in and IF they have rooms available, they are supposed to honor the coupon. We had planned to spend one night here, maybe a second too. Upon check in, the male desk person was super friendly, and honored the coupon, and said if we wanted to stay another night, we could get the same price with the coupon.... The hotel, and room were 100% fine. Very clean, secure, well equipped, modern, comfy, no problems. The breakfast was a typical contintental break-y, you would get at most Florida hotels. (all we ever need for breakfast). We went to the front desk planning to book a second night, and the lady working there was most unhelpful, she would not honor coupon, didnt care that the other gentleman already said it was ok, and tried to double the price of the (same) room if we stayed in it. Even more $ if we wanted another room. We left, but ti was not because of the hotel, just the attempted goughing of us (stupid tourists).

Room Tip: check in late, to avoid the unhelpful daytime lady.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

We stayed for four nights last week. The pros...clean room, relatively quiet, we could hear the doors close in the adjoining rooms, but other than that, it was relatively quiet. The staff was very friendly, polite, etc. Very, very near Universal Studios. Good restaurants, drug stores, etc. nearby. The price was very fair about $60 a night, AAA AutoClub Rate. The free breakfast was decent, yogurt, cereal, muffins, waffles, orange juice, apple juice, bannanas. Would have liked scrambled eggs, but pretty good regardless.
The beds were ok, comfortable, double beds, not queens, but still comfortable. The pillows were small, but very comfortable. The air conditioner was older, but it worked very well and masked any outside noise.
The cons...comforter had some small red stains on it, but was replaced upon my request. On two seperate days, a couple of the bath towels had pubic hairs on them. A little picky maybe, but I like clean towels.
The shower is a bit small and the curtain slides very easily meaning that the bathroom floor will get quite wet very easily. There was already water damage on the doorframe near the floor.
The bathroom sink/mirror is in the room not inside as a seperate bathroom.
The breakfast area was way, wayyyyyy too small-not a realistic space for a hotel that size. We had to wait for a table the first couple of days. Then we just gave up, went down picked up the food and ate in our room.

All in all a good fall back option for us. We usually stay at a Comfort Inn and Suites-same chain just a step up in quality. But a good backup, relatively clean, friendly staff, quiet rooms, free healthy breakfast, good location. If you can get it for $60- $75, take it.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Brunswick, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

i must say that it is an okay hotel the beds where very small like twin size not double not a suite like i was promise my 33 years old sister had to sleep on a roll-a-way with her feet hanging off ..my family was sleeping late after all star weekend housekeeping knock on door like four time tell us were smoking when no one in my family even smoke but me & i was still asleep ....plus the breakfast was not worth getting up for just cereal & waffles .The front desk clerks where very helpful at check-out that was by far the best part of the stay & it was clean in the room

Room Tip: if your traveling alone its a great place not enough room for a family
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Panama City, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

Well, I will start off with the cons. The beds were the most uncomfortable beds that I have EVER sleep in. That includes sleeping in a sleeping bag in a tent. I honestly had back issues for the entire trip from those beds. It was so hot in the lobby, hallways, breakfast area, etc. There was no air each day in those areas, and I am usually cold natured. The hotel shuttle only picked up from Universal Studios at 7pm. I mean honestly, who stays there for 9 hours! We never had housekeeping at a reasonable hour, normally was around 6pm daily. Free WiFi? Not if you have an IPhone. Never once could get a signal. Asked the front desk if I needed a password, and they asked point blank if I had an IPhone because the hotel WiFi signal is weak, and is not compatable with IPhones. Price was high for this hotel, around 90.00 nightly. Now for the pros. Room was clean for the most part. Breakfast was nice, several options to choose from. Room overlooked a samll pond with several ducks that would fly over into the pool in the evenings. My son really enjoyed that. Centrally located to Universal and eateries. For the most part, not a terrible stay. Just would never pay that price again for this hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Universal Studios? Share your experiences!