You added Wingate by Wyndham @ Universal Studios & Convention Center to your Saves list
Wingate by Wyndham @ Universal Studios & Convention Center
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5661 Windhover Dr, Orlando, FL 32819 (Florida Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #144 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Ellenton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My wife and I spent one night here as we visited Universal Orlando, which was very close - walking distance. There was a hotel shuttle bus as well. The room was great- large, clean and quiet. The staff was friendly and helpful. Nice outdoor swimming pool and indoor hot tub.
The breakfast was very good, even had eggs and sausages on hand. The price was very affordable. I can compare this hotel to a Hilton that we stayed at last year up north. Very pleased, and will return here again. Would recommend this hotel to anyone going to Universal Orlando.

Room Tip: Our room on the 4th floor was great.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Wingate_Universal, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham @ Universal Studios & Convention Center, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you so much for sharing your extraordinary experience with us! I cannot wait to share with our entire team. I am happy to see we provided you great service and our rooms were clean and fresh. We are very fortunate to be surrounded by so many restaurants, outlets, malls and many other attractions to see. We hope to have the opportunity to deliver another great experience.
Glasgow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Me and my partner stayed here for 3 weeks last year and could not fault the place. From start to finish the staff and service was fantastic and to be honest if the hotel didn't have something they helped you get it, whether it be taxis or anything else. One morning when I needed a supermarket urgently the security person gave me a lift to it which was great. When I come back I will definitely book here

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Wingate_Universal, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham @ Universal Studios & Convention Center, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to give us great feedback from your recent stay with us. I also do appreciate your business and loyalty to Wingate by Wyndham Universal Orlando. I will give high regards to my engineer who helped you out. I would also like to thank you on behalf of the entire staff of our property for considering us when you return to Orlando. We hope to have the opportunity to deliver another great experience! Have a great week!
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Really cheap hotel. We asked for shower caps and they literally said "we don't shower caps because we offer cheaper service and that would drive our costs up". We are not allowed to take breakfast up to the room, and the breakfast was removed before 10am (started removing breakfast at 9:30am) when they clearly stated that it ends at 10am. On top of all this, they got our final check wrong and increased our nightly stay by 10 dollars per night. Worst service ever.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Please accept my sincerest apology for the missed opportunities and rest assured that my staff is committed to rectifying any and all inconveniences. I would like to address that we do not have shower caps, because it is not a highly requested item. We are an upper mid-economy property and do provide many free amenities to our guest, but not as much as a full or limited service hotel. These type of hotels offer more, but the rate is higher. I take it personally that you call the hotel really cheap, when I believe our rate is mid tiered and we offer as much as we can to our guests for free. I do apologize about the breakfast and will make sure everything is fully stocked until 10am. The discrepancies in your bill was that we authorized $10 for incidentals. This is not a charge but authorization that every hotel takes when you check-in. We stand behind our Brand Promise to ensure you’re extremely satisfied via an exceptional service delivery or genuine service recovery. I am looking forward to meeting you and serving your accommodation needs in the near future.

Been to Wingate by Wyndham @ Universal Studios & Convention Center? Share your experiences!