“What a Bargain !!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wingate by Wyndham @ Universal Studios & Convention Center

You added Wingate by Wyndham @ Universal Studios & Convention Center to your Saves list
Wingate by Wyndham @ Universal Studios & Convention Center
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5661 Windhover Dr, Orlando, FL 32819 (Florida Center)   |
Ranked #134 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
CT
“What a Bargain !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2008

Perfect location to catch that early morning flight out of ...free -all-you-can-eat buffet breakfast...free Internet in Business center..free USA Today...Free HBO....Modern Bathroom and shower amenities.. hair dryer..iron with ironing board...Fridge...27 " tv in console....WALK out the back door and you are at Denny's..Tony Roma's....Bennigans...Chili's ....Short drive up the street to Cracker Barrel......take a left onto Hoffner and you're at Publix Supermarket if you want to load up the fridge for your stay... If you INSIST on staying close to theme parks for your vacation..STAY HERE on your last night...you won't regret it. The photo's you see here in its description are 100% accurate.

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — a/c filters were dirty
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2008

stayed for 2 nights. hotel very clean and in good condition. front desk very efficient, friendly and helpful. breakfast included and perfectly adeqate to start teh day. the room had 2 large beds, free wi fi, safe etc. jacuzzi and gym open till late. very good rate compared to neighbouring hotels. also late night meal in the i hop restaurant in the car park was very good as well. only about 5 mins to universal

• Liked — cleanliness and size of room
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
Toronto Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2008

Just spent 4 nights at the Wingate Universal. Hotel and room was very clean. Close to Universal. Breakfast was available every morning from 6-10. For those people looking for a wider variety 24 Hour IHOP in next Parking Lot. Staff was very friendly and Helpful the front desk was attended everytime we entered or left. Wireless internet in all rooms as well as individually controlled A/c unit which worked great. Bed was very comfortable.
Would recommend and will stay here again.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2007

My Husband and I stayed at the Wingate from November 28-December 1st. The reason we booked this hotel was it was very close to Universal Studios and they offered a free continental breakfast. the hotel has a free 24 hour business center with 2 computers and if you want to go in there, you need to use your key. Our check in was great and they even gave us a "Welcome to Orlando" tourist bag, complete with gum, lotion and razors, plus a book on stuff to do in Orlando. The hotel offers a shuttle to Universal only at 7:45Am with pick up at 7:30PM. We decided to walk to Universal. It took about 20 minutes, but it was literally down the road.

When we came back later that night from City Walk, by Universal we took a cab and it was only $5.00. When you get off the moving sidewalk by the parking @ Universal there are a bunch of taxis lined up and we took one.

Breakfast was a small buffet with a waffle maker, pastries, bagels, english muffins, juices, coffee, tea, and some eggs and sausage which you would find at a Dunkin Donuts. Literally right across form the hotel is an IHOP which we went to the second morning.

On Universal Blvd which is right in front of the hotel is alot of places to eat. There Waffle House, McDonalds, Hooters, Orlando Ale House, Corral Buffet and Starbucks. We also found a Walgreens in walking distance and an Italian resturant.

All the rooms have a fridge and microwave and awesome TV channels. I guess we were spoiled.

If you have any questions, feel free to email me!!

• Liked — Close to Universal
  • Disliked — That the shuttle only had designated times to go to Universal. There should have been more pick up times.
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2007

This hotel was great! We got lost on the way, using map Quest, but I had Wingate’s number and we got clear directions to the hotel from the front desk person. The reception area was very nice. Check in was fast and they told us that the free breakfast was from 6-10. Our room was large with a desk, sofa, dresser, king size bed, large mini Fridge and microwave…. Everything was clean and nicely decorated. We did not use it but there was a spa tub and Fitness equipment inside and a swimming pool outside. The staff helped with locations and ideas. We were told that the hotel had been completely redone last year and they were working to improve it even more. If I had one change to make, it would be to add another waffle machine to the breakfast bar. They were very good and there was a little wait. But we had our free paper to read until it was our turn. Other then that it was perfect. We would stay again.

• Liked — the bed was great
  • Disliked — waiting for waffles in the morning
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2007

I was travelling to my previous residence of Orlando for a job interview. I found this hotel on [--]travelocity.com after my usual (Marriott) was sold out. I wasn't really looking forward to staying somewhere I'd never stayed before, especially because my reservation would be non refundable, but the only reason I decided to was because a relative works at a Wyndham hotel & said it should be fine. I got done with my interview early, around noon and was tired and hungry! Being a 24 year old female travelling alone, I didn't want to go out for lunch and then wake up sometime in the night hungry and have to go out by myself. So, I called the hotel & the front desk guy said that they had microwaves and mini refridgerators in every room. I was very happy about that so I stopped off at a nearby grocery store to pick up some microwavable food for later. After the grocery store I realized check-in wasn't until 4pm...I called the hotel again & asked what time my room might be ready. He said I could come now, they had rooms clean. I was so excited!! I got checked in around 1pm. Check-in was very fast & the same man who I spoke with on the phone was also very nice in person. The hotel was actually very nice inside and out. My room was really clean and much larger than most standard hotel rooms I've stayed in. The king size bed had 5 pillows and was SO comfortable. The standard cable tv reception was awful, but I easily fixed that by adjusting the coax cable in the back of the set. The high speed internet worked great. I didn't use the room phone. The A/C was awesome and cooled the room off very fast. The shower was also very nice. Fridge & microwave both worked great. Besides the fireworks from the themepark nearby I didn't hear ANY noise...it was kind of strange! I walked the hallways to go get a water from the vending machine and heard nothing, not even TVs. In the AM there was a newspaper at my door. Overall it was a very great stay! Zero complaints. I will def. stay here again!!! Here's the website to this hotel, has pictures and everything. [--]wingateorlando.com/door/

• Liked — No problems at all! Everything was perfect the first time! Loved everything about this place!
  • Disliked — I have nothing bad to say!
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
RUSKINGTON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2007

Was a little bothered when I read revues the day befor I went but glad I did not have time to change,
Great rooms most have been refurbished, just what you need after days out touring Theme Parks.
The couple we went with his wife had a mishap with a car door and needed medical attention. Hotel staff were great treally helped. Staff were on hand for advice should you need it if tyhey did not know the answer they found out for you

GOOD VALUE

Will stay again

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing wrong
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Wingate by Wyndham @ Universal Studios & Convention Center? Share your experiences!