“Excellent location, ideal price!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wingate by Wyndham @ Universal Studios & Convention Center

You added Wingate by Wyndham @ Universal Studios & Convention Center to your Saves list
Wingate by Wyndham @ Universal Studios & Convention Center
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5661 Windhover Dr, Orlando, FL 32819 (Florida Center)   |
Ranked #133 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Cardiff
“Excellent location, ideal price!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

We stayed here last week for two nights so we could go to the parks. The hotel is in a great location and the rooms are comfortable and clean. The breakfast is good and the staff were very pleasant and attentive, the hotel is also quiet and there is a shuttle bus to Universal studios which was good as it is 15 dollars to park. I was very impressed with the hotel and the what we got for the price. We will definitely book it again when we want to visit any other parks

Room Tip: Booking.com
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
wingtateuniversal, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham @ Universal Studios & Convention Center, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a comment and positive feedback about your stay. Indeed our location is adjacent to Universal and close to other attractions. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed breakfast and your room was perfect. Overall it is a pleasure to see that our hotel made your stay comfortable and we welcome you back anytime! We hope that Wingate by Wyndham at Universal will be your only choice if you ever need a place to stay while in Orlando.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Miami Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

This is a regular 3-star hotel. Clean, comfortable, good for a trip to Universal or business in Orlando (with a car). Breakfast was included at $75/night. Internet was not working the two days I was there. That the place was full of tourists is a good sign of popularity as is the ability to walk across the street to Universal or take a bus to the parks. Very helpful front desk. Business center is well equipped. Plenty of eating and Starbucks nearby. Right next to the Florida Turnpike and I4.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
wingtateuniversal, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham @ Universal Studios & Convention Center, responded to this review, February 22, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to post a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I apologize that the internet was down during your stay. Unfortunately, our server stop working Friday evening and we immediately called internet support. After some trial and error the server was the issue and had to be replaced. The support team had to overnight the server, but being the weekend it came in on Tuesday. Trust me internet is key to have at our hotel. We did everything in our power to make try to fix as fast as we can. I appreciate the nice feedback and overall it is a pleasure to see that our hotel made your stay comfortable! When you return to Orlando, we hope to have the opportunity to deliver a stellar experience. If you would like to discuss this further or have additional feedback, please reach out to me.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

very close to universal parks with free shuttle service. not good breakfast. free parking. hotel next door sells tickets for theme park at good price. also there is a trolley bus stop right outside at a cheap price to go to water world, malls, etc

Room Tip: back side facing
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
wingtateuniversal, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham @ Universal Studios & Convention Center, responded to this review, February 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a comment and feedback about your stay. Indeed our location is adjacent to Universal and close to other attractions. I wish next time you would bring your concerns up to Management if something was not up to expectations. This way we can correct immediately. Overall it is a pleasure to see that our hotel made your stay comfortable and we welcome you back anytime! We hope that Wingate by Wyndham at Universal will be your only choice if you ever need a place to stay while in Orlando.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

We just got back from Puerto Rico last night after spending from Jan 16 'till yesterday @ the Wingate.

The personnel was very helpful and courteous.

Rooms where in top shape, microwave/fridge, TV was pretty nice, tons of channels available including HBO.

Location was perfect, 3 mins from Universal, 15-20 mins from Disney, tons of places to eat just minutes away (iHop, KFC, Taco Bell, Golden Corral, BK, MCD just to name a few).

We printed all of the park and plane tickets @ the Business Center without problems.

We would certainly look at the Wingate for our next Orlando trip.

Room Tip: Higher floor.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
wingtateuniversal, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham @ Universal Studios & Convention Center, responded to this review, January 26, 2012
I appreciate the positive feedback and great to see that our hotel amenities, the area, and staff made your stay a pleasant one. In addition to our new TV’s we just added HD channels to the lineup. Our location has many restaurants and easy access to all the theme parks. We hope that Wingate by Wyndham at Universal will be your only choice if you ever need a place to stay while in Orlando. Thanks again for the positive review, if I can be of any assistance during any future trips to Orlando, please let me know.
East Marion, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

There are so many options available near universal and we simply picked this one. The hotel is clean, offers many breakfast items, and the shuttle to universal is free and convenient to use saving you a $15 parking fee each day. We recommend it to others. Our only request of the property is that they equip each room with two coffee mugs instead of one so you don't have to use a styrofoam cup from the breakfast bar.
Darlene - Orient, NY

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
wingtateuniversal, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham @ Universal Studios & Convention Center, responded to this review, January 23, 2012
Thank you for your positive comments and recommendation!
It is great to see that our hotel and staff can make your stay a pleasant one. Unfortunately, we have to use disposable coffee cups as they are a brand standard. We welcome you back anytime! We hope that Wingate by Wyndham at Universal will be your only choice if you ever need a place to stay while in Orlando. Thanks again for the positive review, if I can be of any assistance during any future trips to Orlando, please let me know.
New yORK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

Accomodated our needs for 2 connecting rooms. Rooms clean and comfortable. Very friendly and helpful staff. Charlotte gave us good advice. Breakfast was good but boring after 2-3 days. Overall a good stay and would stay there again. Suggest Millers Orlando Ale House accross the street for good food and value

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
wingtateuniversal, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham @ Universal Studios & Convention Center, responded to this review, January 20, 2012
It is a pleasure to see that we were able to accommodate the request of providing the connecting rooms during your stay. I appreciate the review and will inform Charlotte of the great job she is doing in helping our guest. As for the breakfast I will make sure we try to switch it up on daily basis. We have many great restaurants within walking distance and one of my favorites is the Ale House. It’s a great restaurant to watch sports and have good food. Overall it is a pleasure to see that our hotel made your stay comfortable and we welcome you back anytime! We hope that Wingate by Wyndham at Universal will be your only choice if you ever need a place to stay while in Orlando.
Long Island, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

We just returned from a visit to Orlando. We chose this hotel for its location but will NEVER stay here again. After a day spent at Universal, we returned to our room about 6:30 pm on January 15 only to find that our phone charger had been demolished (see photos). The charger was left plugged in behind the night stand. No other plugs (those belonging to the hotel) were damaged or even pulled from the wall. I immediately went to the front desk, damaged charger in hand and asked for a manger. No manager until the next morning. The front desk staff did call the manager who kept saying that it was not the hotel's responsibility. The manager, Rogi, did call the hotel engineer to see if they could find a charger, but was otherwise nasty and unhelpful. The morning of January 16 I again asked for the manager who did not arrive until around 10 am; I finally saw him about 10:30. He was not helpful, said he could not speak to the person who cleaned our room as she was not working, and kept insisting that it was not the hotel's fault that someone damaged the phone charger while we were out. He did not offer to replace the charger nor did he offer any other assistance. Rogi did say that the hotel (he used the word "we") had been paid so it did not matter what I did or said. After a heated exchange, I left to return to my room prior to leaving the hotel. I was followed into the elevator by a rather large man who had been present during my exchange with the manager. This man had no identification and had been told by the manager to stay out of the discussion. He kept asking about the problem but, despite repeated requests, did not identify himself. When, for the third or fourth time, I stated that I would not speak with him unless he gave me a name, he said he was the hotel owner (still unnamed). He followed me into my room and asked what happened and what I wanted him to do but would not listen to anything I said. This individual did state that housecleaning did not clean behind or under furniture during a guest stay and only did so between guests. His following me, refusing to identify himself and entering my room made me and my daughter very uncomfortable and a bit frightened. We left the hotel shortly after, feeling threatened and uncomfortable. We will never stay in this place again and are unlikely to stay in any Wyndham by Wingate hotel in the future. This was, bar none, one of the worst hotel experiences we have had anywhere.

Room Tip: Find a different place to stay
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
wingtateuniversal, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham @ Universal Studios & Convention Center, responded to this review, February 10, 2012
I understand that you recently encountered an issue here at the Wingate by Wyndham. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. This guest has complained to the following companies: Expedia, AAA, AARP, and Wingate Corporate. All four companies heard both sides of the story and sided with hotel as not responsible and did not give any credit to the guest. The guest came down Sunday evening to the front desk and was very upset about the phone charger being damage while she was away. She insisted that she speaks with the GM immediately. We are a 100 room hotel and unfortunately we do not have a manager on duty during the evening. Yet, as the GM I am on call 24/7. So the agent called me that evening and placed the guest on the phone. After several minutes of being yelled and cursed at, I immediately apologized and said lets first let’s fix the issue. I did not state we are not responsible or offered any resolution as I wanted to calm her down and find a charger. The guest was claiming that she had to leave early the next morning and if she did not charge her phone it would complicate her travel. I understood and apologized again several times and said let me speak to the engineer on the property. I told my engineer to go to my lost and found with her and find a blackberry phone charger so she can charge her phone. Success, we were able to find her a phone charger immediately and she went directly up to her room. I spoke to my engineer and front desk agent afterwards and both said she was content with the new phone charger. I did arrive to the hotel late on Monday morning as I had a breakfast meeting scheduled. It was a holiday Martin Luther King Day, Monday. I spoke to her at the front desk and kept insisting to speaking with the housekeeper. I did tell her she was not working that day and ultimately I am responsible for everyone at the hotel, guest or employee. I looked over her claim and said I will not be able purchase a new phone charger as I already gave her a functioning phone charger. I do not have proof that the housekeeper broke the charger or if the guest broke it. I did mention that on the back of the door it does state the hotel is not responsible for any guest’s items that are stolen, damaged, or lost. When she heard this she became even more irate and started to use profanities. The guest said that she is not paying for the room. I told her that she prepaid her reservation with Expedia and everything had already been charged. I did end the conversation as I cannot help anymore. As she left the front desk she screamed out very loud vulgar language. The owner followed her and asked her to please calm down and he did in fact state his name. He stated his name three times to her and said please show me where and how you think your phone charger was damaged. He even said his name in front of a guest who was asking her to not use profanities in front of her kids. They both went up to the room and she let him in. If she was calm, collected, and reasonable I would run to phone store and buy a new charger. I am truly sorry that it ended up this way.

Been to Wingate by Wyndham @ Universal Studios & Convention Center? Share your experiences!