“As Perfect As It Could Get” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6327 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32819   |
Ranked #115 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Brooklyn, New York
“As Perfect As It Could Get”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2011

This hotel made my vacation as perfect as it possibly could get. I Just returned home from 1 week early January Florida vacation. It is conveniently located in I-Drive which makes it a unique spot for any theme park visitors. It provides free shuttle (by Super Star D Shuttle) to Universal & Sea World ( reservation required from hotel lobby). For Disney parks we used Lynx 8 & 50 which was along another plus point of this hotel's location. The Lynx bus 8 & 42 stops right in front of the hotel. The Lynx bus 42 goes to MCO also so if you pack your self lightly you will easily save at least $ 100 for air port transportation. Being a Muslim it was a dream come true for me to find a halal restaurant (Shalimar on I - Drive) in 5 minute walking distance from this hotel. We paid $14 for 2 person every morning for breakfast at the Palms Restaurant (ground Floor). The breakfast menu was enough for a healthy breakfast. We stayed at room 908 on the 9th floor which has a refreshing early morning view soon as you open your window curtain. The daily maid service cleaned our room every day without any concerns. I am definitely looking forward to my next stay here whenever I get a good Orlando Flight deal. I strongly recommend this hotel to anyone seeking a pleasant & hassle free Disney vacation.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Rodewayinnintl, Manager at Rosen Inn, responded to this review, January 28, 2011
NewYorker2260,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and the TripAdvisor community. We are excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and are planning on returning in the future. Please visit our website for special deals and packages to get the most out of your next vacation. Thank you again. We are looking forward to your return!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2011

There are $20 per night rooms for those of us on a TIGHT budget, but I was skeptical about cleanliness given numerous stories about bed bugs and unclean rooms at hotels due to the recession. At the $60 per night price point , the recently renovated Rosen Inn is a good value. Conveniently located on I-Drive, not far from the Orange County Convention Center (30 min walk), it's easy to get around on the I Ride Trolley ($1.25), buses (I recommend the city buses ($2) if you're from a big city like Chicago, NY, etc.) and taxis if you want to spend the extra money.

The room was clean with crisp white sheets for easy inspection, adequate 2 piece bathroom with the sink outside the bathroom, good heat (it was cold in FL!) and a dorm sized frig and microwave. Nice pool area.

Look for newly renovated, low cost hotels like the Rosen Inn. I can't comment on service because I don't expect top notch service, but I suspect it is adequate. Contact Mears Transportation for affordable airport transportation (~$30 R/T).

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2011

I have been to florida many times including july of this year, and this hotel was just as good,

offered tidy,clean, refurb rooms, great helpfull staff and on site resturant with cheap warm buffet breakfast.

Location is fantastic, with free transportation to universal, and if you need to get a taxi home its like $5/8. also if you need to get over to disney the lynx bus is $2per person and will take you to magjic kingdom.

Over all a very good stay at this hotel. and would 100% return.

email me if you have any questions.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2011

I was a single mom traveling with a special needs son, a trip we had planned for 4 months. Upon arriving, we were given a room that didn't have a locking door and then dealt with a condescending front desk staff when reporting the problem. Staff of the supplied transportation provided us with different information each time we tried to use it, lots of finger pointing. Finally, upon check out, we accidentally left 2 important/expensive items in the room. Approximately 5 hours after checking out, we called to report the items as missing, hoping to get some help. The front desk put me into voice mail. I called back, was put again into voice mail. No return call either time. I called back at 1am and finally talked to a security person rather than voice mail. I was told I would get a call back or to call them at 10am the next morning. No call back, I called at 10am. I was told again, I would get a call back. No call back, I called again at 6pm. I was told that the cleaning crew had been questioned and no items were found. I was told that the cleaning crew NEVER misses left items and NEVER lies about items that are left, always turning them into the security staff. At no time did anyone offer to check the room for us. I've been invited to file a report with the Orlando police, and have left a message with them.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Rodewayinnintl, Manager at Rosen Inn, responded to this review, February 1, 2011
Dear RegretingHotelChoice

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

We are disappointed that we did not meet your expectations during your stay. We would love to have the opportunity of speaking with you directly about these issues and hopefully regain your trust in our property and staff, below is the name and e-mail address for our general manager please feel free to contact him directly. In the meantime, we will share your review with our management staff and see what changes we need in order to improve the stay of our future guest.

Again, thank you for taking the time to review our property and we hope to hear from you again soon…

Tony Masmoudi

Rosen Inn

Tmasmoudi@roseninn.com
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2010

I like the location of this hotel. It is very convenient to get to universal studio, the outlets, and seaworld. It is a very good budget hotel. There are tons of good food nearby, and supermarket if you want to be more economical. there is a fridge and microwave inside the room. There are 2 kinds of buses to get around the area, the LYNX public transit (no. 42, and 8) and the trolley (red line). Both buses stops right in front of the hotel.

The staff are very helpful during our stay, and the rooms are clean.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
Lakeland, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2010

We've traveled quite a bit this year (and have even stayed in "better" hotel brands like the Marriot), but the one night that we stayed in the hotel was the best. The beds were so beyond comfortable that my fiance and I slept in an extra hour before checking out. It was also great for the value. We had decided to go to Halloween Horror Nights 3 days before we went, and we expected for the prices to be really high, but we paid about fifty dollars for the best night's sleep we got all year. Everything was wonderful. I would definitely recommend this hotel, and I plan to return each time we stay in Orlando. Oh, and great location right on International Drive, really close to Universal and short drive from Disney!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh, Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2010

This was my third time staying at the Roseway Inn and I was impressed by the changes made. It is always a pleasant stay and the staff couldn't be friendlier. We are very much looking forward to returning next June for 2 weeks.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Rosen Inn? Share your experiences!