“lovely hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #109 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Drogheda, Ireland
“lovely hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

we stayed here in September 2013. the location is second to none, everything is right on your doorstep. the rooms where a bit tight for four of us but excptionally clean and the cleaners where in every day. we had 2 stays in the hotel during our time in Orlando, the first stay was in the smaller part of the hotel, we were on the 4th floor, again the room was tight but clean but the airconditioner was extremely noisy and the road along the side was noisy. the last few days was spent in the larger part of the hotel on the 8th floor, we were annoyed with our rooms on thia floor as the cleaning staff congregated outside the door every morning and decided to laugh and joke about (not a nice wake up call) and the ice machine was at our door too.. over all i would go back to the rosen inn, i will be requesting a room in th middle of the larger building. away from all the activity.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
RosenHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Inn, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
If you or anyone ever has requests, please let me know, debbiecmwhite!

I’m so sorry to hear about the housekeeping department at your door.

I will make sure the team knows about your experience.

Thanks again,

tshoemaker@rosenhotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Bradford,England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

This is my 4th visit to this hotel, and first 1st since it changed name from the Rodeway inn. The hotel is absolutely fine, its ideal for universal and wet n' wild as they are practically on your door step.
The room was fine with comfortable beds, a fridge, powerful hair dryer, good iron/ board and a handy coffee maker. The room, altho cleanish, could have been cleaner, especially had some of the cleaners not spent half there time on there phones in the hallway, It was very common to see them doing it. A few times after our room was cleaned we was left no coffee or cups, so i decided just to take them from the trolly when they finally did there job!
One thing i would recommend is earplugs, we was next to the coke machine, we had that, the air con and I4, it got noisy at times, especially with the 2 inch gap under every door!
It would be nice during the day or early evening if you could open the balcony doors, but for some reason they are bolted shut, which has been the case since my first visit about 8 years ago.
The pool was nice, quite small but never gets too over crowded. We tried the breakfast about 4/5 times over our stay, which at $14 for 2 of us was good value, and altho less choice than the more expensive ponderosa over the road, it was better.
Bar had nice friendly staff who gave us a few tips on places to eat and drink, it was also cheaper than drinking out on I-drive.
We tried the Shogun which is very impressive, food is excellent and the show that goes with it is good too.
Overall i would have no problem stopping at this hotel again, altho to be honest i think next time we return to Florida, we might try stop up near the wonderworks, everytime i return to this hotel something around it seems to have closed, and there now seems to be a bit more further up.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
I will make sure your room isn’t near the coke machine next time, Freakzilla316…just let me know when you are returning!

Thanks for sharing your story with us. We can’t wait to have you back.

Loganville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

When I called ahead for certain requests, they were very accommodating. When I arrived, all was exactly as I requested. The check-in was smooth. The people at the front desk were professional and helpful. My stay there was for three nights over the weekend. I had extra luggage. They made that easy for me as well. The rooms are large and kept clean. Everything was like new. The bed was very comfortable. There are many restaurants close by and the interstate is easily accessible. This was important for me as I drove to the Amway Center each day. The room rate is also very affordable. This was icing on the cake. I really enjoyed my visit here. I will stay here again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
RosenHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Inn, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
We love to accommodate our guests to the best of our ability!

Thank you so much for letting us know how your stay went.

Isn’t the Amway Center beautiful??

Thanks again,

Hull, Est yorkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

We visited the rosen inn for 1 week so that we could visit universal, sea world, aquatica and wet n wild. This hotel is an ideal place for visiting these parks. We either got a taxi which was about 5-10 min ride or we used the free shuttle bus which went to two other rosen inns which was fine. A taxi ride to universal was about 6 dollars which we didn't mind paying after a long. The hotel is in an ideal spot with many shops and places to eat. Check in was very quick, after this we didn't need to talk to anybody at front desk so could comment on the staff. We didn't eat here or use the pool so couldn't comment on these either. The room had everything we needed, fridge, coffee maker ( but we used it just to boil water and used our own tea,) good television and very comfy beds. I did notice the sheets were not changed in the whole week we were there and one of the face clothes I opened seemed dirty inside, apart from this everything was fine. I would visit this hotel again. Corridors could do with some magnolia paint and new carpet.

Room Tip: We asked for a higher floor away from lifts and room with washing machine as this was noisy.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
RosenHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Inn, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Very happy to hear your stay was good, Hull_Eastyorkshire!

Thank you so much for updating us on your experience.

Will you be back soon? We surely hope so!

Please feel free to let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Thank you!

Durham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

This was our first time in florida and it was a great hotel for the price we paid. Great location with wet,n,wild 3 minute walk away. The Ponderosa restaurant straight over the road and a little fun park with the largest sling shot in the world there. The hotel rooms are basic but clean and cleaned regular so very tidy. There is a Japanese restaurant and a bar in the hotel if you just want to chillax for a night. You also have free transport to universal, wet,n,wild, aquatica and seaworld.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Happy to hear you got to chillax for a night, 11cov! How did you like ShoGun?

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed yourself while on property. Please visit us again soon!!!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Hi we are due to leave here tomorrow and would not hesitate returning to this hotel.
The staff all if them are amazing. Bar staff are so welcoming and friendly. Reception just as good. Quick check in nothing is a problem to any staff.
rooms hotel grounds pool everything is immaculate.
Central location is brilliant. The onsite shop has all your needs no more expensive than in uk. In fact the restaurant here serves lovely food just as good and affordable as any where else.
I'm planning on returning with a much larger party of family next time and this will be my first choice. I've stayed in other hotels and yes a decent base for a holiday needs.... However this place for the price is outstanding what more need I say.

Plenty if other eateries within walking distance as is universal and wet n wild. Even taxi to such areas are cheap. A huge thank you to the hotel and all staff expecially the bar staff and jonathon in the shop. Totally enjoyed our stay snd sad we have to leave such a wonderful place :) happy vacation to anyone who stays here you won't be disappointed. Anyone who says other wise simply ignore.

• Stayed September 2013
RosenHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Inn, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Wow, shelkeyk!

I have no words to describe how happy your review has made us. We are smiling from ear to ear!

Thank you very much. We hope you and your family come back real soon!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

When I first came into the hotel I was very happy with the level of service provided and the fact that we got given a room on floor 9. A couple of days into the stay, I found out that the bed sheets wernt cleaned, during my entire stay they had been cleaned once. Despite the staff seeing my eyeliner stains on the pillows. The shower was never cleaned. Fluff left from the day before would still be there the next day. The sink wasnt cleaned or wiped down. Not all towels got replaced. I left a piece of string on one the hand towels, this remained there for 4 days. Also this hotel doesnt offer free disney shuttles whereas most of the hotels on international drive do.

• Stayed September 2013
Hi Hema418!

I am so sorry to hear about your most recent stay. This is definitely not what we like to hear but appreciate that you have informed us of our downfalls during your visit.

I have sent this review to the Assistant General Manager, Alejandro Garib, and will work hard with him to rectify this.

I’ve also sent you a personal message to see about more details.

Thank you very much!

tshoemaker@rosenhotels.com

Been to Rosen Inn? Share your experiences!