“Good Average hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Orlando Gateway Hotel

You added BEST WESTERN Orlando Gateway Hotel to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Orlando Gateway Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7299 Universal Boulevard, Orlando, FL 32819-8353 (Florida Center)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #143 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Louisville, United States
“Good Average hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

Does not have queen beds. Only double beds and king beds and king beds in limited supply. Needs at least 1 queen bed in the room. Location is nice for Universal studios and also partner hotel with the studio

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Bill J, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Orlando Gateway Hotel, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Dear Jaimin T.,

I appreciate your taking the time to leave us feedback from your recent visit to Orlando. You are correct we do not have Queen beds on property. Our standard rooms are equipped with two double beds and we have king beds in our king rooms and all of our suites. I hope that the front desk offered you the upgrade upon checking into the hotel.

All of our guests love our location as it is perfect for visiting all of the theme parks and allows you easy access to all of the shopping that Orlando has to offer as well.

I thank you for your business and hope to see you again in the near future.

Bill Jones, CHA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Orlando, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

Diana at the reception desk was very helpful with our reservation and accommodating a connecting room. The room was big, clean, and already had an extra pillow/blanket without having to ask. Towels were fresh and plentiful.

Dear Francisco J.,

Thank you for your recent review of our property. I appreciate the kind comments and will certainly let our staff know that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay. Diana has a great personality and is a very valuable member of our staff.

I appreciate your business and hope that when you return to the Orlando area you will afford us the opportunity of hosting you again!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

We saw the website and thought it would be a nice place to stay by the pictures they show. The downstairs front lobby looked decent so walking in we felt it would be ok. When we arrived to the 7th floor there was an odor and in front of our room was some type of thermostat hanging from the wall. Had a sceevy feel about it. When we entered the room there was a funky odor. The bathroom was filthy and underneath the sink in the hallway is a hole in the wall. I was nervous of bugs or rats getting through. The beds were small and smelled bad. After a minute of laying down in the bed we were itching very bad. It felt like fleas were jumping on me from under the covers.My back was covered in bites and I was unable to sleep because I was itching so bad. The other 2 people i was with experienced the same. Thank God we only stayed for one night because I would have never spent a second one. I would advise they condemn this building and they should be ashamed to show thos pictures on the website. It is very misleading.i felt dirty in that bed and was being bit by something.

Room Tip: Nothing good to say
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Bill J, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Orlando Gateway Hotel, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear Lyndsey K,

I thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, however, I am disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay. I reviewed all of our logs and do not see where you made mention of these items at all after you checked in or during check-out. I sincerely apologize that you had this experience but had we been given the opportunity to remedy the situation we certainly would have. If you would please contact me personally, I would love to speak with you regarding the incident and get some specifics.

Our goal is to provide all of our guest with clean, comfortable, quality accommodations at affordable prices. Our location and our product are ideally suited for guests who come to Orlando to enjoy all that there is to do in our area.

Again, I do apologize that you did not enjoy your stay and hope to hear from you soon.

toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

Good - free parking - free internet - free shuttle to Universal studios Bad - there are rooms with the smell of cigarette smoke, just ask for another one - If resort fee is mandatory, why don't you just include it into the price of hotel? It seems disingenuous to not do it. - rooms are worn and dated and just makes the place feel dirty. - no clock radios in room... why?? - you need to have automated wake up call because someone did not put in my wake up call. - exercise room needs bottled water. the water fountain seems like it has not been used for yrs and again it is dated. - no free breakfast. 1st best western i've gone to that charges for it.

Dear Ray S.,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I do apologize that you did not enjoy your stay fully but appreciate the kind comments you made regarding our services. We do have clock radios with MP3 players in each room as well as an automated service for providing wake-up calls. The $3.50 resort fee is for use of the fitness center, parking, tennis and basketball courts and daily newspaper delivery.

We do have bottled water in the rooms for guests to purchase as well as in our Deli. The water fountain in the fitness center is a convenience for guests who are working out and did not bring water with them.

I appreciate your feedback and hope that in the future we will be able to host you again.

San Jose, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

This hotel had my main requirements for business travel; clean room, comfortable beds, good shower, functioning TV with adequate channel selections, and a Business Center to print out my boarding pass. Pluses: Very good Fitness Center, and a good, easy to use internet connection. Negatives: the breakfast in the restaurant was sub-par. I had eggs, bacon, and sausage. The sausage was under cooked and uneatable, the bacon I had to sop off the grease with paper napkins in order to eat those. The carpet in the room needs to be replaced; it was clean, but buckled. A minor issue was the printer in the Biz Center did not function, because the toner cartridge need to be replaced. BTW - the staff were very nice, proficient, and helpful; 5*.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Dear Craig L.

I hope you enjoyed your trip to Orlando for the PGA Merchandise show. I appreciate your comments and the fact that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass on your feedback regarding our staff to them as well, I know they appreciate all of the great comments they receive from our guests.

I apologize that the breakfast was not what you expected and I will pass your comments on to our Director of Food and Beverage. Feel free to request omelets, special eggs, etc., from our cooks behind the line they will be happy to make them to your order.

Again, thank you for your comments regarding our property and staff and we look forward to seeing you at next years event!

new london ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

Has great shuttle service to parks has two hot tubs one at 100 degrees and one warmer nice pool heated but not heated enough that you could actually use it in cooler weather. Very few rooms with king beds so you wont get onote of these ? Beds are not real comfortable. The radisson international had one of the most comfortable beds. The internet is just okay
. sometimes it would get weak and my tablet would switch back to my data plan , so you need to be careful if you are streaming. Business center computers have problems heard lots of people complaining about this. There is a basketball court. Air conditioning worked good ..The ladies that took care of rooms did pretty good job. For some reason the three days we booked at this location were busy in this area not sure why.. maybe because of special event at universal with the wizardly world..the embassy was completely booked. So this would not have been my pick, it was okay also resort fees extra

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear mrscathyann,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us during your recent trip to Orlando. I appreciate that you found the rooms to be clean and that you enjoyed our location, staff and shuttle service. I will pass all those comments on to our staff!

Once again, thank you for your review, we appreciate your business and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Just stayed here for two nights for my daughter's bachelorette event. I rented three rooms for two nights and all the rooms were great! The rooms were clean and in good repair. The hotel is only a 1 mile drive to Universal yet the hotel is not on the strip with all the traffic and noise. Everyone on the staff was friendly and helpful. If I ever come back to the Orlando theme park area I will not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Bill J, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Orlando Gateway Hotel, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear sdg66,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel during your recent trip to the Orlando attractions area. I appreciate that you had a great time, found the rooms clean and comfortable and that our staff provided you with great customer service. We pride ourselves in providing clean, comfortable and affordable accommodations to all of our guests!

I certainly hope to see you again in the near future and please tell your daughter that we here at the Best Western Orlando Gateway Hotel congratulate her on her new marriage and we wish her and her husband many happy years together.

Bill Jones, CHA

Been to BEST WESTERN Orlando Gateway Hotel? Share your experiences!