“Unpleasant surprise” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Lake Buena Vista

You added Wyndham Lake Buena Vista to your Saves list
Wyndham Lake Buena Vista
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   1850 Hotel Plaza Blvd, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #148 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Long Island City, New York
“Unpleasant surprise”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Pool area and location is great, but rooms are not! Don't go there! There are a lot of other hotels around at the same rate with better rooms!
I traveled a lot, but NEVER seem anything like this, I literally couldn't touch anything. There's so much humid in the room that swimsuits and wet towels don't dry, I saw other people had to put their beach towels and swimsuits outside to sun dry it, which made hotel look like a big laundry.
Beds in fact were really comfy.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,003)
Long Island City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

It's a cheap quality MOTEL! Lobby is nice, but 5-story wings are terrible. Rooms are full of mold, dust, stains and dirt. I cannot even name it a hotel, it's a motel. Had mold on room ceiling and door, blood or ketchup stains on lamp shade, dirty carpet - don't walk on this carpet in white socks! Check-in was a little frustrating, clerk didn't even look in his computer and informed us that all rooms were booked and he had only 1 left with parking lot view. After I informed it was my Birthday and our 10th anniversary, he "managed to find" one room with better view. Check out was very nice and quick, lady was super nice and friendly! There was a resort fee of $90 at check-in. Location was great - 2 minutes walk to Downtown Disney! Would never stay in this hotel again as I am really concerned about my family's health. Dust and mold are very dangerous. For these rates you can definitely find a better hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

Had a wonderful time. I was looking for a confortable room, good location and money value and I was right chosing Whindham.
I request to the hotel a confortable room with confy beds and pillows plus small fridge and I was very pleased with it becaue I got upgraded for the money y payed.
The location was perfect walking distance to Downtown Disney and bus transportation service to the Disney parks.
Guest room ...Alexander, Excellent.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012 via mobile

Staff members we spoke with Rafael S, Jenesis, Julian,housekeeping staff and manager Joey were very pleasant and inviting-made us feel welcome. Yes this is a Wyndham but a cheaper one so most of the poor reviews on here obviously didnt think price differences before they stayed.Rooms/bathrooms could use a little updating but definately did the job intended. Pool area is great for kids as well as sanitary. I was a little disappointed by lack of characters at advertised hotel breakfast as well as the price.Buffett should have been half the price it was but a great option for the hotel. I reserved online so was not surprised by the additional fees at check in,it mentioned them on there.I think every hotel has an extra fee of some sort.overall, we would stay again!

• Stayed July 2012
Navarre, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

Had a wonderful time during my weekend trip to Disney with family. Great breakfast with the characters, and excellent location for a short walk to Downtown Disney. Will surely consider this location next year when we do our annual trip.

Room Tip: A tower room on a top floor is great for seeing the fireworks off in the distance.
Lloydminster, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

My family and I are travelling to Disney World in November 2012. I called in today because I had some questions and concerns about my reservation and our trip. The gentleman who helped me was very helpful and polite. He made sure to find me all the available information and options I was looking for and even changed my rate to the discounted rate. I can't wait to check out this hotel on our stay. If the service at the hotel is anywhere near the service I just received on the phone, I know our stay will be great!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

We stayed at the Wyndham LBV For the weekend..We are local Floridians. My kids wanted to go to the parks and they love staying at Hotels. It was my sons 5th Birthday and we had a great time. I especially wanted to give an extra thank you to Chef Marc. We ran out of Cake for my sons party and he provided us one right away. Also Thank You Marc for the breakfast. Marc went above and beyond the call of duty. Thanks! It was excellent.
We will be back!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Wyndham Lake Buena Vista? Share your experiences!