We spent 7 nights at the Polynesian in late Nov/early Dec. We picked it because of its proximity to the Magic Kingdom and the several ways to get there including Monorail, boat, or ferry boat. We also liked the option of walking to the TTC for direct monorail service to Epcot and the express monorail to the Magic Kingdom. When exiting the Kingdom (at night especially), we had many ways to get back to the Poly depending on the crowd dispersion.
We requested a theme park view room and made a special request in advance for "3rd floor, adjoining rooms, preferably Tuvalu building." We had stayed in the Tahiti building on our last trip, but were worried about the construction. Upon check in, we were booked in the Aotearoa building. At first I was worried about the view due to its distance from the lagoon, but as it turned out, the view was fantastic. We could see the castle well and enjoyed the fire works show every night. The only drawback was that we couldn't see space mountain and had limited views of the electric water parade. If the Tahiti building offered a view of 10/10 theme park view, the view from Aotearoa was 9/10.
Staff was excellent and accommodating. Housekeeping was a bit annoying, calling us in the middle of the kids' nap time to remind us that we had the "do not disturb" sign on the door.
The volcano pool was still up and running, but I've heard that it is going to be closing soon for a makeover.
We rented a scooter from Apple Scooters. Unfortunately, the scooter's battery went bad during our trip to Hollywood Studios, but a service person met us with a new battery within about an hour at the park. Service was okay but the scooter was not well maintained. We rented a stroller from Orlando Strollers, and their service was first class.
We will stay at the Poly again and again.
- Also Known As:
- Polynesian Resort Disney
- Disney Polynesian Hotel
- Polynesian Resort
- Polynesian Disney
- Disney Polynesian Resort
- Polynesian Hotel Disney
- Polynesian Hotel Orlando Fl
- Orlando Polynesian Resort
- Orlando Polynesian
- Disneys Polynesian Resort
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Disney's Polynesian Resort is a relaxing tropical paradise, featuring lush vegetation, thatched roofs, koi ponds and white-sand lakebeaches and offering a warm, welcoming world that celebrates the spirit of the South Pacific and ensures "Ho'Onanea"—the passing of time in languid tranquility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Amex, Priceline, Orbitz, Tingo, EasyToBook, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Disney's Polynesian Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.