We stayed at the Polynesian for the second time in April/May and again had a nice time. However, we did have a problem with the room to which we were initially assigned. We were first given a room with only 1 king bed (contrary to our request for 2 queens) and were unable to move until the second day of our stay. The 1 king bed did not work for our family, so we were forced to repack out luggage, check-out and check back in, wasting valuable vacation time. The hotel was not as helpful as they should have been during this process. Our second room was directly across from the elevator and was extremely noisy. We could hear every conversation until late into the night and again starting around 6:30 am. Disney really needs to work on better sound control in its hotels.
The first room was renovated and it was great, especially the updated bathroom. I also much prefer the new comforters to the gross bed spreads in the unrenovated room.
We stay at Polynesian because of its location. With a toddler, it is wonderful to be able to hop on the monorail and be at the Magic Kingdom in no time. The ability to walk to the Grand Floridian is also a plus.
I also prefer the pool and beach set-up of the Polynesian to that at other hotels. The zero-entry pool's proximity to the beach really adds to the resort ambiance. My son loves the Polynesian theming, especially the tiki statutes.
My main complaint with the Polynesian is that you don't get much value for your money. For the prices charged, the amenities should be more luxurious. I'd like to see the Polynesian upgrade to lounge chairs similar to those at the Grand Floridian.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Celebrate the spirit of the South Pacific at this oasis of tropical palms, lush vegetation, koi ponds and white-sand beaches. Conveniently located on complementary Resort Monorail, enjoy moonlit nights on our torch-lined waterfront to the exotic tastes of our world-class restaurants, discover the signature tropical ambience that's made Disney's Polynesian Village Resort a favorite Disney destination since 1971. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and Tingo so you can book your Disney's Polynesian Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Polynesian Resort Disney
- Disney Polynesian Hotel
- Polynesian Disney
- Polynesian Hotel Disney
- Orlando Polynesian Resort
- Polynesian Hotel Orlando Fl
- Disneys Polynesian Hotel
- Polynesian Resort Orlando
- Disney Polynesian Resort World
- Disneys Polynesian Resort