We stayed at the Polynesian for the second time in April/May and again had a nice time. However, we did have a problem with the room to which we were initially assigned. We were first given a room with only 1 king bed (contrary to our request for 2 queens) and were unable to move until the second day of our stay. The 1 king bed did not work for our family, so we were forced to repack out luggage, check-out and check back in, wasting valuable vacation time. The hotel was not as helpful as they should have been during this process. Our second room was directly across from the elevator and was extremely noisy. We could hear every conversation until late into the night and again starting around 6:30 am. Disney really needs to work on better sound control in its hotels.
The first room was renovated and it was great, especially the updated bathroom. I also much prefer the new comforters to the gross bed spreads in the unrenovated room.
We stay at Polynesian because of its location. With a toddler, it is wonderful to be able to hop on the monorail and be at the Magic Kingdom in no time. The ability to walk to the Grand Floridian is also a plus.
I also prefer the pool and beach set-up of the Polynesian to that at other hotels. The zero-entry pool's proximity to the beach really adds to the resort ambiance. My son loves the Polynesian theming, especially the tiki statutes.
My main complaint with the Polynesian is that you don't get much value for your money. For the prices charged, the amenities should be more luxurious. I'd like to see the Polynesian upgrade to lounge chairs similar to those at the Grand Floridian.
- Also Known As:
- Polynesian Resort Disney
- Disney Polynesian Hotel
- Polynesian Resort
- Polynesian Disney
- Disney Polynesian Resort
- Polynesian Hotel Disney
- Polynesian Hotel Orlando Fl
- Orlando Polynesian Resort
- Orlando Polynesian
- Disneys Polynesian Resort
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Disney's Polynesian Resort is a relaxing tropical paradise, featuring lush vegetation, thatched roofs, koi ponds and white-sand lakebeaches and offering a warm, welcoming world that celebrates the spirit of the South Pacific and ensures "Ho'Onanea"—the passing of time in languid tranquility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Amex, Priceline, Tingo, EasyToBook, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Disney's Polynesian Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.