I traveled with my husband and kids (4 and 1) and we met up with my sister and her family (11,9,7). We arrived at 1130am and our room was ready! I was expecting to have to wait until the afternoon, so we were beyond excited. The rooms are so spacious. We stayed in Tokelau on the second floor. We had requested first floor rooms, but these were great and my little ones loved the balcony. The decor is not that great, but it is supposed to be a little cheesy since this is more of a themed hotel than the Grand Floridian or Contemporary. We never got to eat at Kona or Ohana because we couldnt get a reservation. Capt Cooks was okay...the staff there is very rude and unfriendly. The pools were great. The quiet pool opened up half way through our stay. It was lovely, but the children preferred the volcano pool. The lifeguards were incredible and were constantly watching the pool.
When you consider the price of this hotel, you must take into consideration the transportation. Every option is available within walking distance to each park. We had originally planned to stay in a moderate hotel, but then I realized that the only transportation was by bus which has daunting lines, especially if you have children with strollers. It was money well spent! We didn't expect to enjoy the hotel so much. We looked forward to leaving the parks to come back and relax. Each afternoon there were kids games by the pool and they played fun music. At 8 each night there was a campfire then a movie on the beach. Of course it is a great view of the Magic Kingdom's fireworks at 10pm.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Disney's Polynesian Resort is a relaxing tropical paradise, featuring lush vegetation, thatched roofs, koi ponds and white-sand lakebeaches and offering a warm, welcoming world that celebrates the spirit of the South Pacific and ensures "Ho'Onanea"—the passing of time in languid tranquility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Amex, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Disney's Polynesian Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Polynesian Resort Disney
- Disney Polynesian Hotel
- Polynesian Disney
- Polynesian Hotel Disney
- Orlando Polynesian Resort
- Polynesian Hotel Orlando Fl
- Disneys Polynesian Hotel
- Polynesian Resort Orlando
- Disney Polynesian Resort World
- Disneys Polynesian Resort