Well the second leg of our Orlando holiday was spent at the Contemporary. We had just come from Disneys OKW Resort and were lucky to be spending 2 days at the Contemporary with a Magic Kingdom view.
I had always wanted to stay at this hotel since our first visit of many to Disney and we decided to spoil ourselves and have 2 days there.
Well to start the room was lovely and the view, well thats what makes this hotel special.
I must say though, I wish the Contemporary had kept the same style rooms they used to have..... I am sure I saw a picture of the old rooms and they looked so like Tomorrowland, my favourite part of the Disney Park it would have been much more inkeeping but things change.... and I am not a great lover of that....but then thats me.
The best things were watching the Fireworks every night with a glass of wine, sheer heaven.
Also going to bed and especially waking up to such a wonderful view.
Also the Water parade every night, this was a major surprise and my husband absolutely loved this.
The room was clean and was always cleaned.
Now a few niggles, I probably would only stay at this hotel if we could afford a Magic Kingdom view. The hotel is a bit stark and very concretey . Also the walls are paper thin.
I think this too comes from the door where you can adjoin rooms.
I could here the family next to our room quite clearly and at 2 a.m. in the morning screaming.
Thankfully they were very quiet after that, but if I had been staying longer and noisy people in the next room were there all the time, it would drive me mad.
The walls are very thin though.
The only other gripe I have and its not the hotels fault is the ignorance of many people with strollers. There were times when you could not get in the lifts at all, even disabled people could not get in because selfish parents would not take their strollers down.
Sorry a lift with 4 or 5 open strollers/prams is just rude and bad manners.
Overall we had a good stay at the Contemporary, would we go back ???
Well we would like to but again its an expensive hotel and even more so for the Magic Kingdom views.
I hope we do manage to get back. It was nice hotel and the view is out of this world.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Contemporary Hotel
- Disney`s Contemporary Hotel Orlando
- Disney Contemporary Hotel
- Contemporary Disney Resort
- Disneys Contemporary Resort
- Contemporary Hotel Disney
- Contemporary Resort
- Disney Contemporary Resort
- Disneys Contemporary Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Disney's Contemporary Resort is an ultra-modern Disney Deluxe Resort, made up of a towering A-frame high-rise building—the iconic Contemporary Tower—and complemented by one garden wing annex. This lakeside Resort is the only hotel in Walt Disney World Resort to have the Walt Disney World Monorail System pass through the main concourse. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Amex, Expedia, Tingo, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Priceline, Orbitz and Venere so you can book your Disney's Contemporary Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.