I'll get the bad part out of the way. The room seemed clean, the dresser and carpet were good. But while figuring out why the floor lamp didn't work (not plugged into the switched outlet), I found the lampshade full of cobwebs. I also had to figure out how to set the correct time on the radio/alarm clock that was off by 20 or so minutes (had to unscrew a back panel). The nightstand and said radio were loaded with dust.
The rest was great. It was a tower room (the A-frame building not Bay Lake Tower) with a lake view. They say to try for a room with a park view to see the Magic Kingdom fireworks, but meh. We watched them once from the viewing area and caught them in and around the park, too. Not a big deal for a room view. The water parade was cool, though. The place could have used more elevators, especially with the 4th floor hub for dining and monorail. I'll review the restaurants in other posts.
Really, location-wise, this is probably your best bet. With no small children, it was < 10 minutes to walk to Magic Kingdom. The first stop on the monorail was the transportation center for the monorail to Epcot. And if you really don't want to walk back from the park, the first stop on the resort monorail from there is the Contemporary. As far as the buses, we never had to wait more than 10 minutes for Hollywood Studios or Downtown Disney. We didn't go to Animal Kingdom. We also never went to the pool, but did walk around the grounds a little. Clean and "contemporary", so if you want lush plants, try the Polynesian.
It is a bit pricey, being a deluxe resort, but if you can get the discount promo or free dining plan, it's well worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Retreat to this ultra-modern Resort hotel and discover award-winning dining, white-sand beaches, spectacular views and dazzling pools. Walk to Magic Kingdom park, or catch the Resort Monorail as it breezes through the iconic A-frame Contemporary Tower. Inside, a 90-foot-tall mural by Disney Legend Mary Blair-responsible for the distinct look and feel of the "it's a small world" attraction-celebrates the Grand Canyon and the American Southwest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Hotwire so you can book your Disney's Contemporary Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Contemporary Hotel Orlando
- Disney Contemporary Hotel
- Contemporary Disney Resort
- Disneys Contemporary Resort
- Contemporary Hotel Disney
- Contemporary Resort
- Disney Contemporary Resort
- Disneys Contemporary Hotel