“Great Hotel! Great service! Very convenient!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Disney's Contemporary Resort

You added Disney's Contemporary Resort to your Saves list
Disney's Contemporary Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   4600 North World Drive, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830   |
Ranked #133 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Houston, Texas
“Great Hotel! Great service! Very convenient!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

There is nothing better than stay walking distance from Magic Kingdom! It is a great hotel, with great service! I loved to stay there and i definitely recommend! It doesn't matter if you are at the Garden Wing or in The Tower, the service and room are great, no matter what.

Room Tip: THe Garden Wing is also a great option to stay. Little cheaper but the rooms are exactly the same!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (434)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for three nights while visiting the Disney parks in the heat of August. We had booked a Garden view and on check in I asked about a view of the Magic Kingdom and as I was in the Disney spirit, I didn't hesitate to pay the extra $136 per night. It was a good decision, as it got us moved up seven floors with a great view of the the lake and park which will stay with us for life. We watched the fireworks from our balcony twice. The room itself was very modern, clean and spacious even with four big suitcases. It is not cheap in fact quite the opposite, even without the room upgrade, but convenient for the Magic Kingdom, but be warned, the monorail sometimes starts after the park opens, so you end up walking. The Polynesian and Grand Floridian have boat services, which are a great way to approach the park.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

Although here on business, this hotel was awesome. It is absolutely HUGE and super convenient to transportation throughout the Disney World compound. The room was spacious and clean, and I had a beautiful view overlooking the lake/lagoon (I was on floor 9). Although a little pricey, the food in the market cafe was delicious. Did not eat at Cafe Mickey's but it was solidly packed every morning for character breakfast. The Wave of American Flavors was ok - the food was decent but a little overpriced. If you can, DEFINITELY try to squeeze in a reservation at the The California Grill - this is expensive but so so SO worth it! The food was exquisite and you get a fantastic view of the fireworks from the observation deck if you are there around 10pm. It was definitely noisy in the lobby and on the main floor, but once inside the room it was peaceful and quiet. Never had a problem finding a pool chair. Shuttles to Downtown Disney were usually on time. This place is expensive, but totally worth it for the convenience of the monorail right inside the hotel (which I also could not hear at all in my room) and proximity to everything else. The staff was extremely warm, friendly, and helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The hotel is super noisy during the day with all the activity, but at night it's quite calm and...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Rochester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

OK, I know it is a bit expensive, but being where we could hop on the monorail any time we wanted to was worth a lot. And the rooms were luxurious. We had a theme park view from our balcony which was spectacular. It was nice to be able to return to our rooms for an afternoon rest or to let the kids play in the great waterpark and pool. We were well treated by the staff, and enjoyed a character dinner at Chef Mickey's, right in the Contemporary.

Room Tip: We like the Theme Park view.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

My husband and I stayed here and loved every minute. We loved being able to take a quick walk to the Magic Kingdom, or the monorail to Epcot or one of the other resorts. The convenience and excellent service from the staff make this my favorite Disney hotel (so far).

One thing that I haven't read a lot about is the water activities at this resort. We took advantage of the parasailing offered from Sammy Duvall's watersports and rented the little boats and drove all over Bay Lake while we were there - it was a BLAST!!! There is so much more to do at Disney than follow a Mouse - although that's kind of fun too!

Room Tip: Get a room that isn't in the main building. We had rooms that were not attached to the main bui...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Cape Coral, FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Visited the Disney Contemporary July 23 - 25th this year and became very disappointed has the visit began. First I found the registration/check in area very in need of sprucing up.The lobby furniture was very dated and not comfortable at all. the design grille works above the check in were full of dirt and webs that would only need a strong vacuum and cleaning. Once in our room we found that the light over the counter burned out, Realizing the contemporary design but still no vanity space in the bathroom nor any hooks to hang towels on etc. ( one of my pet peeves about any hotel) Beds were not up to par as for mattress comfort. Both the Mrs. and I experienced lame backs the next days. breakfast and burgers were cooked till dry and the service was sub par as well. I would tell people to go to another Disney property before staying at this place for sure.

Room Tip: Higher floors give a good view.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

I stayed at the Contemporary Resort for 5 days for a work conference. The location of this resort cannot be beat. You can take the monorail for a quick commute to Magic Kingdom with one more stop to Epcot or you can take the 15-minute walk to Magic Kingdom. This is a nice hotel with lots of amenities but it is showing it's age a bit so you are paying for the location. My room was in the garden wing and was less desirable than everyone else's that attended the conference. I had a first floor level (that did have a nice patio) facing the parking lot. My room was very loud as the walls are paper thin and the fireworks at Magic Kingdom are at 11:00 and you can definitely hear them. My room was also handicap accessible, which is great for those that need it, but I did not and as a solo female traveler, it was a little unnerving to wait for the delay for my door to close.

I had dinner one night in The Wave and it was fantastic, I'd definitely recommend it and I heard from other attendees that the California Grill was great. The California Grill is on the 15th floor and it's my understanding that if you eat dinner there, you can come back to watch the fire works. Overall, if I were paying for the room, I doubt I'd stay here again because it's quite expensive and my room was very loud (and I can sleep through anything). If your main goal is to stay close to the Magic Kingdom and can afford the rate and not expect the Ritz Carlton, then you'll enjoy your stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Been to Disney's Contemporary Resort? Share your experiences!