We stayed in a first floor Garden room from Dec 1 - Dec 5 with two adults & one toddler. The hotel location and monorail were very convenient for visits to the Magic Kingdom.
Our room could have been cleaner (hair in the shower, dirty rug, needs a serious deep cleaning) but I just didn't want to take the time to complain. Other than the totally ridiculous bathroom sink design, the room was great. My toddler loved the sofa that flipped into a bed.
We ate at Chef Mickey (fantastic), several times at the Contempo Cafe (also good) and the pool area (adequate). The pool was just steps from our room and the lifeguards were fantastic.
Overall, we enjoyed our time at the Contemporary. Special thanks to Lynda Hower at Dream Makers Vacation Services for handling our booking and re-booking due to Hurricane Sandy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Retreat to this ultra-modern Resort hotel and discover award-winning dining, white-sand beaches, spectacular views and dazzling pools. Walk to Magic Kingdom park, or catch the Resort Monorail as it breezes through the iconic A-frame Contemporary Tower. Inside, a 90-foot-tall mural by Disney Legend Mary Blair-responsible for the distinct look and feel of the "it's a small world" attraction-celebrates the Grand Canyon and the American Southwest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Disney's Contemporary Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Contemporary Hotel Orlando
- Disney Contemporary Hotel
- Contemporary Disney Resort
- Disneys Contemporary Resort
- Contemporary Hotel Disney
- Contemporary Resort
- Disney Contemporary Resort
- Disneys Contemporary Hotel