I booked a trip at almost the last minute, 2 weeks out. I wanted to stay in one of the Deluxe resorts and this was the ONLY place that had room without upgrading to club level, which I didn't need to do for just my 11 year old son and me. This was probably my last choice.
I was pleasantly surprised! Though they had told me there was only room in the garden wing, we were instead in the main tower on the 11th floor overlooking the bay. I can see where it would be nice to have a theme park view, but this was wonderful, we could see for miles! Though we were very park oriented and took advantage of the short walking path to the magic kingdom, we did spend time in the fun pool and play fountain area, and played a lot of football on the silky sandy beach area. We practically had it to ourselves! We never heard the monorail or Chef Mickey as other reviewers have mentioned, but we did hear the boat horn starting at 7am. It wasn't that loud and my son slept through it, but I did not.
We had no issues with housekeeping, everything was Disney clean. The bathrooms were a little funky, but I chalked it up to the "retro contemporary" decor.
I guess I still would prefer the other deluxe category resorts, but we had a great time, took advantage of the magic kingdom location and all the amenities the hotel had to offer. We even got into Chef mickey's character breakfast without a reservation, and only waited 20 minutes tops!
I did make one mistake: I signed up for the food plan for both of us. WAY too much food. We could have shared every meal, if that was allowed. Maybe that's partly why you see so many very large people. (Sorry)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Disney's Contemporary Resort is an ultra-modern Disney Deluxe Resort, made up of a towering A-frame high-rise building—the iconic Contemporary Tower—and complemented by one garden wing annex. This lakeside Resort is the only hotel in Walt Disney World Resort to have the Walt Disney World Monorail System pass through the main concourse. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Amex, Hotels.com, Tingo, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Venere so you can book your Disney's Contemporary Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Contemporary Hotel Orlando
- Disney Contemporary Hotel
- Contemporary Disney Resort
- Disneys Contemporary Resort
- Contemporary Hotel Disney
- Contemporary Resort
- Disney Contemporary Resort
- Disneys Contemporary Hotel