“Nice, moderate resort at WDW.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort

You added Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort to your Saves list
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   900 Cayman Way, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830-1000   |
Ranked #169 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Clifton Park, New York, United States
“Nice, moderate resort at WDW.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Recently stayed here for the last weekend of the Food & Wine Festival. It is very large, and you do get a lot of families that stay here. But everyone does WDW differently, and we enjoyed our stay here. Most of the time you're at a park, so you need a home base to rest, and shower. The two rooms we had were very comfortable. The food court was very good for breakfast. The big pool area is really nice, and the a ba is staffed by nice people. It's a grade up from the value resorts, so as it's said, you get what you pay for.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (942)
  • Turkish first
Bad Axe, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

We have stayed at the Value Resorts in the past, I thought lets pay the extra $$$ and upgrade well it is NOT worth it. The only perk to the resort was each group of hotels areas had their own pool, other then that nothing special. The first night we arrived we waited 5 hours for our luggage to be delivered to our room, very inconvenient, The rooms were nice and clean and the resort grounds were pretty I was under the impression that when you pay more for a moderate resort you would at least have a fridge in your room????? Not ours, I learned a lesson , Do not stay at a new resort until you talk to some one personally who has stayed there.

Room Tip: We stayed in "JAMAICA" It was very convenient to the snack shops,stores and pool bar area
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

We stayed in 2 hotels on our trip down, and even though they were nice, our room at Caribbean beach was silent in comparison. I'm a light sleeper, and I wasn't woken once on our trip by any outside noises.

We arrived before 7 on a Sunday morning so that we could get our keys, tickets, and everything else before heading to the parks. We requested a second floor room- I'd rather haul bags up and down than listen to someone else clomp around overhead.

When we were there, the fridges had all been removed from rooms, not sure if they've been replaced yet.

Our mousekeeper made mickey shapes with towels and let them on our son's bed. Really cute.

Our room was easy access to the food court and to two village pools.

The one disappointing/confusing/scary part of our stay was that while in the pool, another patron had an emergency- a seizure. A woman with him was yelling for help, trying to keep the man afloat and the life guards just stood there gawking for a good minute. They did nothing until she started screaming bloody murder and then they slowly moved into action. In the end, everything was fine, but I've seen the lifeguards at my local pool move significantly faster for much less of an emergency.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Winchester MA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Check it was OK. I told the clerk my rate was incorrect but they are not allowed to do anything about it. Every time I ask her a question it was so scripted the response. As it was late 10;30 PM, checked in and would deal with it the next day with management. Our room was average. It is so outdated and 1970's ish. Woke up and called to see where we could breakfast and was told there was breakfast two resorts away?????So we went to there food court. It was just OK. When we went back to the room it did not smell bad...didn't notice it too bad as sooo tired at check in. The carpeting was damp and yucky ! Could not walk around barefooted. The room had an ordor of stale beer. We went to the desk and told them all this but there were no other rooms available. Had to check out as that room needed to have the carpets cleaned or replaced and the room deep cleaned. Sooooo sad! Oh yeah it was a pirate themed room and my 16 year daughter thought it was tacky...I am sure a young boy would think it awesome.....BUT !!!! And the room rate was $235 for this misery!

Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

We stayed here for the wine and dine half marathon. It was ok nothing special. We did not try the food at the resort. We spent a lot of the time in the parks so only thing I can recommend was how helpful the check in girl was. She was having issues because we decided to come down a night early and stay at a different resort so when we got here to check in she really struggled she was very nice about it and even the guy who came to help her had issues but it was all solved within a reasonable time. Our room was ready right away which was nice since we were early for actual check in time. Room was a ok size, bath rooms need a redo soon starting to show some aging. Beds were comfy. Only complaint standard rooms have 2 doubles not queens. So what was suppose to be a nice weekend away for me and the hubby ended with us sleeping in separate beds ..., I like my space we I sleep.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Wow! I was very impressed with Disney's Carribean Beach Resort! My sister and I stayed here for the Wine and Dine Half Marathon in November.

Initially I was a little nervous after reading some reviews about cleanliness etc, but I didn't experience this at all. I even thoroughly checked the room, and it was totally clean and properly sanitized! No issues at all. Our room also had a fridge without me asking for one. Free wifi was included and worked really well - pretty fast actually for a hotel!

We did find that the housekeeping didn't give us any new styrofoam cups or new shampoo one day, but then I left a note for the next day asking for them, and we got LOTS of everything, not just what I'd asked for! Way more than we could have used, so that was really nice that the little hicccup was easily taken care of. I could have called down of course, but I didn't need them right away so the next day was fine and it seemed to work well with the note.

We filled out the request form online prior to our arrival and requested a "corner room" (for the extra windows) and "second floor" both of which we got. The stairs were really not big deal unless you have strollers or little kids or are older, but for the average adult and older kids, it's not hard to go up and down the flight of stairs. They are actually less steep steps than those found in households, and we had no problem carrying our suitcases up and down either (we had done that at home already anyway :))!

We ended up in Barbados 15 which I highly recommend! Actually Barbados 14, 15, 16 would all be terrific buildings to be in as it was only a 3 minute walk to the main food court, shop, pool area (5 minutes if you really took your time walking).

Barbados was also the closest to the main Custom House building where you check in!

And Barbados was really well bus located too as we were always either the first stop, last stop, or 3rd stop coming back from the parks and often the last stop heading out to the parks.
If we were the last stop coming back, that meant Martinique was the first stop and we often got out there as it was quicker to walk 2 minutes from the Martinique bus stop to our building than to wait the 10 minutes that it takes to take the bus all the way around to all of the villages (I timed it once :)).

The buses were never full when we were there, so we always made it on a bus when it came and never had to wait longer. Also I found that the buses really ran quite effectively. We never waited more than 20 minutes for a bus and usually it was only about 10 min. Overall I was pleasantly surprised by how well everything went bus wise, as this was another area I wasn't sure about.

Also the resort is well located in the WDW area, it took 15 minutes to bus to Magic Kingdom, 15 minutes to Animal Kingdom and 10 minutes to Epcot. (We didn't go to Hollywood Sudios or Downtown Disney).

The grounds of the Caribbean Beach Resort are amazing!! And I really like that the resort is so vast and spread out because it spreads the people out too. The resort always felt nice and empty, the only reason I know it was busy was from the food court in the mornings - holy moly!! It is packed for breakfast time! Unless you need a hot breakfast pick something up the night before and keep it in the fridge - we picked up bagels and cream cheese, yoghurt and granola, etc and then we didn't have to go and eat with the food court morning craziness. There's a nice round table in the room with two chairs, so you can nicely have breakfast in your room.

Back to the resort grounds - it was so nice and peaceful, you felt like you were able to take a break from the fast paced disney while at the resort! We were always able to find a free hammock to lay in or lounge chair to sit on the beach in. Also make sure that you walk across the bridge area to Caribbean Cay, there are sliding porch swings there and a playground for kids and more hammocks. It was beautiful!

This is my new favorite Disney resort (and I've stayed at most of the Deluxe Resorts), and I can't wait to return!

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions :)

Room Tip: Barbados 14, 15, 16 are well located!
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

In thinking of how to review Caribbean Beach, I think the hardest thing for me to really qualify is what exactly I didn't like about it. It was a nice enough place, but given the chance we wouldn't stay there again. In fact, as we rode the bus several other travelers shared the same feeling as us, that if given the chance we would pay the same money and stay at Pop Century instead (a value resort). At the end of the day, I think that sentiment sums up our total experience at Caribbean Beach, just underwhelmed. The caribbean/beach theme is cool, but it is also not very "Disney". The beaches are nice, but you can't swim in the lagoon and we spent almost all day at the parks, so they were empty every time we passed them. Lastly, the resort really is huge. We did a lot of research and read all the reviews about the walking, but we figured it wouldn't bother us. What we didn't factor in was the bus + walk combination. If you get off the bus at your stop, you may be a full 15 minute walk or more from the main dining area so that really limited us from utilizing our snacks and free refill cups at the resort because we would just be too tired at night or wouldn't want to lose the time in the morning. With the resort being so big, you have to ride the bus around the resort and add anywhere from 2 -20 minutes based on which stop you are in relation to the exit, and you can't beat the system because each park's bus enters and exits at different points. This proved to be our least favorite part of the resort, as we have previous experience in a single stop resort and to be on the bus for over an hour on several occasions is simply a mood-killer. We also tried getting off the bus and walking, but the end result is the same because of the distance.

It still gets a 4-star rating from me because it was nice and clean, the staff was great as always, and it really was pretty despite how little we utilized the resort's scenery. It's still a Disney resort too, so you have the option for dining plan, free transport, and all the other great perks of staying on resort if you plan to get the most out of your Disney vacation, but we will definitely stay somewhere else on our next visit.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort? Share your experiences!