“Pleasant Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort to your Saves list
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   900 Cayman Way, Off Buena Vista Drive, Orlando, FL 32830-1000   |
Ranked #174 of 328 hotels in Orlando
Dallas, Texas
“Pleasant Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Just got back from a 3 day stay at Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort. Overall, we had a good time. We stayed in Trinidad South in one of the Pirate rooms. Our son absolutely loved the decor, especially the bed (shaped like a ship) and the mini fridge (shaped like a barrel). The staff was helpful and friendly and the landscaping was very nice. Here's my take on the resort:

Pro's: Disney experience and service
Awesome main pool and smaller pool in each section
Lots of activities for kids, especially around the main pool area
Good eating options, and pretty good sit-down restaurant
Proximity to the parks--could even watch the Epcot fireworks from the beach each night

Con's: Resort is very spread out and could lead to lots of walking depending on where room is
Rooms are small and have double beds and not queen-size beds
While the bus system is convenient, it may take quite a bit to get to certain places given the stops within the resort alone. Took us 35 minutes in the bus to go from our stop to get to Animal Kingdom.

If you don't want to walk very much, ensure you are close to the main pool and restaurants as most of the activities take place there and is the central location in the resort. We loved the main pool with all the activities and slides. There are buses that can take you throughout the resort, parks, downtown disney, etc. which is nice and will save you from renting a car, but sometimes you may have to wait up to 20 minutes to catch a bus. We enjoyed our stay here and the staff was top notch. Would recommend it to others, but know that it is a massive resort and it is very spread out. You'll have a good time!!!

Room Tip: If you are traveling with young boys, they'll love the pirate rooms.

3,848 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (787)
  • Turkish first
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Came here about 15 years ago with my parents and came back again in May 2013 with my partner now fiancée. Its lovely to see it is still the same setting and only two floors great walking around the other rooms and so very close to epcot as you can see the fireworks there. The restaurant isn't very good as very expensive and would of like a more food range to be provided. The room was very good we was told we would not have sea room but be at the back of 21 but really we were in room 2124 which is right near the lake and on the end so more sunlight.

The safe is a little small for the room so had to lock camera away in the suitcases. The bus service was excellent but sometimes we did cheat and ordered a taxi as some we had to wait over 30 mins.

All in all I still loved this hotel like it was yesterday

Room Tip: get a end one for two windows will help with the light and make it much bigger, and ideally would be...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Green Bay, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We chose this hotel because our boys really wanted the pirate rooms. We were warned of the large size of the resort and the fact that the pirate rooms were far away. Overall the rooms were clean and the pirate room was a lot of fun for my boys. It was a quiet hotel. We had a vehicle and in the end decided that driving to the parks was easier than waiting for a bus. Magic kingdom was the only exception. Bus wait times ranged from one hour (we were given a fast pass due to this one) to just a few minutes. I'd say average was 15-20. We also chose to eat breakfast in our room before we set out to the parks. It would be time consuming to get from the room to port royale and then wait for a park bus each day. I'd suggest getting yourself to the first pick up spot near Jamaica if you need to be at a park by a specific time in the am and you don't have a vehicle.

We don't regret staying here. We did have a fabulous trip. The grounds were clean, staff was amazing, and we were so close to most parks. Next time we will just pay more to stay at a hotel on the monorail.

Room Tip: Pay to be closer to the main building. If you don't, I'd suggest getting yourself to the fi...
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Stay at Martinique if you can. It is the first stop on bus route which means you are more likely to get a bus seat rather than stand. Rooms were okay. Housecleaning was okay. Bell service from the airport to the resort from Magical Express was poor. It took 5 hours from landing to get bags so my daughter slept in her swimsuit. :( Food court was yucky. It was a bit like a school cafeteria. Shutters was way over priced. The grounds were well maintained. If traveling to Downtown Disney give yourself over an hour to get to the restaurant. Although 10 minutes away the bus adds at least an hour.

New Orleans, LA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Over the last 10 years I have had the opportunity to stay at each Moderate resort on Disney grounds. This one was my favorite. I loved the beaches and pools. The rooms were even nicer than I had expected. As always, you feel as though you and your belongings are safe on Disney property. All night someone rides around the parking lot keeping everyone safe. I also found that the staff at this hotel was amazing. From the Manager to housekeeping, anyone I spoke with was awesome. I will return back to Caribbean Beach the next time I go to Disney World. I also found the traveling distances between the parks and this hotel was perfect. The property is relaxed and much welcomed after a busy day in the parks.

Room Tip: There are no elevators at the resort, keep that in mind.
Massillon, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Dont waste your money. stay somewhere else. we stayed at Carribbean beach long. It was a long way from parks buses horrible. everything overpriced. Rained everyday but once. We stayed at this resort for pool but never got to see it or touch it. My son and I both had blisters. He was tired and me alsi a coupke days enough unless tou are a Disney fanatic but still would not dtay inside oark again. I would get passes for few days. and drive. I had a choice between Disney snd pop up camper would have enjoyed it more. Foid nothing amazing. expect to pay 14$ for lunch. we malso got pirate room very far from everything you even have ti tske bus to snack and gift area bummer.

• Stayed June 2013
Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stayed here for 2 weeks in May 2013. The resort was beautiful. Very pretty Carribean stye. The rooms were cleaned daily and the staff were lovely. The rooms seemed a little basic but I was assured by my husband they were going for the Carribean effect??

We didn't spend a great deal of time in the resort as we were out and about around Disney with our two girls, aged 8 and 6.

There are many small pools dotted around the apartments and then a larger pool near the restaurant and main area. THis has a couple of slides and daily entertainment for the children. There are lots of lifeguards who are very keen. Whilst in the past I have always thought lifeguards sit doing nothing, these were actually actively watching the pool. On three occasions over only one and half days spent around the pool, they jumped in to "rescue" children who probably did not need rescuing but good all the same.

Nightly Disney DVD plays for the children (and adults) if you want to relax and have a drink.

Food good.

Lovely large lake runs through the middle and a variety of boats can be hired for this. Beach areas around the lake with hammocks. Lots of joggers around the lake which I am informed was a nice run.

All in all, very pleased with the hotel. One thing I did not realise was that we did not have a balcony (don't think any of the rooms do). We did miss this as it would have been nice to put the kids to bed and have a drink to unwind on the balcony but having said that we were so tired on an evening it was not missed as much as I had thought it would be.

Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort? Share your experiences!