“It was fine, but...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort to your Saves list
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   900 Cayman Way, Off Buena Vista Drive, Orlando, FL 32830-1000   |
Ranked #173 of 328 hotels in Orlando
Cypress, Texas
“It was fine, but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I just returned home from a 5 day stay at CB with my husband and 6 YO son. We had the pirate themed room which wasn't all that special as another reviewer mentioned so unless your little one is a complete pirate fan don't spend the extra money. The resort is huge, but there are buses to take you from one area to the next. We were in Trinidad South which is 2 stops away from Port Royale (where the food & shops are located). It's a bit of a walk for a cup of coffee, especially if you have a little person in tow, so consider requesting a room close to Port Royale. Overall the room was fine. Not good, not bad, just fine. It seemed a little outdated, and more what I would have considered to be a value resort. If you're just looking for a clean and quiet place to rest your head at the end of a long day at one of the parks, then this is fine. All that being said, we'll probably stay at a deluxe resort next time

Room Tip: Choose something close to Port Royale or be prepared to hike every time you want to grab a bite or a...

3,810 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (768)
  • Turkish first
Newcastle, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I don't want to share a negative review with Disney but ahhh this hotel....not the best. The hotel itself isn't bad, but the rooms are pretty dated. The shower was not good, we had very little hot water, the toilet wouldn't flush, cabinets wouldn't shut. Nothing major really, just little annoyances. We stayed in Aruba, which was totally fine in relation to the buses and Old Port Royale. You just walked across the bridge and could get to the food and main pool. It was maybe a 5 minute walk. I have noticed people complaining about the bus situation but I have to say we NEVER had an issue. Sometimes we were the first stop, sometimes the last, sometimes in the middle. We never had to wait a long time for a bus and the bus was never so crowded that we had to wait for another one. The buses were actually really convenient and helpful. My tips: If this hotel is significantly more expensive than the All Star Resorts, stay at an All Star (unless you are looking for pools, beaches, sit down restaurant). If you just want a hotel room, stick with an All Star or splurge for something on the monorail/ferry. I would suggest Aruba or Martinique or possibly even Jamaica. They seemed the closest to Old Port Royale. In conclusion, it wasn't a TERRIBLE hotel but it definitely wasn't the best either.

A few more things, this hotel is super close to Epcot and Hollywood Studios but about a 20-30min ride to Magic Kingdom so plan accordingly. We tended to allow an hour from hotel to park admittance.

Room Tip: Aruba, Martinique, Jamaica. FYI you can hear people running/walking around upstairs so if that bothe...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
LEHT
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We have stayed at most of the moderates at Disney, so we decided lets try Caribbean beach. I had read the reviews and like some people said there are some people you can never make happy. well that was wrong, our experience was awful. I made requests several times that I have first floor and close to dinning hall and bed rail. we had our two year old and was told when booking this that they had elevators to make it easier to get to the rooms after the long days at the parks, then after booking read that they didn't so that is the reason for first floor. The Property is very large and can be difficult to navigate around and the grounds are beautiful just like most if not all the Disney Properties. When we arrived they booked me on a Second Floor far away from the Dinning area and no bed rail, they did correct the situation
and we got a first floor room. When we got to the room the first thing that hit us was the Musty Moldy odor. We turned the AC on high cracked the door open to air out the room. we went to dinner and came back to the room and the odor was still strong. I called maintenance and they sent someone over to check it out. They asked us where the odor was coming from we looked at each other and said we don't know the room smells. they replaced a bench and worked on the AC unit. Next day we went to the park and came back late the next night and the odor was back. The next da I went to frot desk area where a supervisor said they would check into it and get back to me. at 7pm at night I had to call and the supervisor had left for the day and another night supervisor said that they would spray the room to mask the odor and add a air purifier. told them that was not does not work for me that only masks the issue. They offered another room on a second floor and I told them no I need a first floor, the manager proceeded to tell me that the rooms on the second floor have less odor problems than first floor rooms. I was shocked at that comment. I requested a first floor, and two hours later they moved us. This room also had an odor but not as strong so we turned the AC on high and left it that way for remainder of the trip.We all seemed to be sick two days later. as some have stated the rooms are very outdated and not very well maintained or clean.
In general staff very friendly and the food court area is nice but other hotels have better selections. we did drive to this resort which made it allot easier to get around the Property as well as getting to the parks. I would not recommend this resort when there are much nicer resorts to stay at on Disney Property,
I am sure people are going to write that I have an agenda but I don't the truth is that this resort really needs a makeover and the odor in the rooms was horrible.
This experience and the lack of urgency from property managers makes me question if the quality of Disney is tarnishing or if it was just this property that needs to be fixed.

Daytona Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Okay it's Disney and I have to say they have the best service in town. But it's a setup. Yep, I said it a set up. Because how on earth can you have a hotel room (one bigger than some others I've stayed in) but one that doesn't have a dog-on microwave. So what do parents with babies do? What do you do when you just want a quick snack.

You order room service - the gotcha! Yep, another way to get $ out of you. Other than that issue, the room was clean. The decor nice, the pool wonderful, the transportation convenient. I think next time I'll smuggle in a microwave or stay at one of their units/resorts that have one in the room.

Room Tip: Try to get one closer to the main pool. Also, note there is no microwave in the units.
Manchester NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Weve stayed in many resorts within the Disney area; this rates about an 8 for our needs. Just the two of us and knowing a head of time wed be meeting family from another resort throughout our stay and barely needing a place other than to sleep. No fridge or micro, but very clean and well maintained. Loved the food in the food court; many choices and sooo much of it! Desk was very accomodating and cheerful. Not a great place for kids and price wise might be better off at the children centered resorts with "bells and whistles". Over all we were very satisfied.

Room Tip: ask for a room close to the food court or shuttles if walking is a problem or traveling with little...
Linden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

This was our 2nd stay at the Caribbean Beach Resort. I agree with comments that if you have younger children, it can be a long walk to the Food Court, the check in area or the bus depending on where you end up, but, if you plan in advance, you can call and request a preference. We stayed at a deluxe level resort last year, but it was very noisy, especially early in the morning (we sleep in on vacation), so went back to the Caribbean Beach this year. It is very quiet, had no early interruptions at all, staff was very friendly and accommodating. The pool that was closer to our room was nearly empty each time we used it, and so we could spread out and not be elbow to elbow like in some hotel pools. The rooms and the mini-fridge are a good size, and the rooms have a round table that seats 4 comfortably.

Room Tip: We had Aruba, which is close to the bus stop (our preference) but you can request a room location to...
Plainfield, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Ok I read the reviews, but was so surprised by the SMELL! The rooms smelled horribly like mildew we sprayed febreeze but it was no use. The pillows, everything! The room seemed dirty just because of the smell I didn't even look forward to getting into the room after a long day at the parks to relax. I would avoid staying here again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort? Share your experiences!