Location - Its in the middle of all the parks (but then again, which Disney resort isn't?)
Staff - Very friendly!
Pool - It’s really nice and the slides are great!
Grounds - Neat and clean. Exactly what you would EXPECT to see, but at least it meets expectations.
Price - Dollar for Dollar this resort is not worth the extra money for all the reasons below. I would think that, outside of the pool itself, there is no other reason to choose this resort over a 'value' resort.
Room - Old, musty and borderline dirty. With a 2 year old we spent more time in the room than we normally would, so it mattered. Nothing felt or looked clean....mostly because it was so old.
Resort Layout - Thankfully we "upgraded" to a preferred room so we were close to Port Royale (the Food, Drinks & Pool), but the place is big and I could see the distance being a real issue (especially if you have kids). What looks like a 1/2 mile walk to get coffee is a bit much (OK..so maybe its not 1/2 mile each way, but it sure looks like it).
Bus Service - While this isn't specific to this resort, I was very disappointed in the bus service. We tried it 3 separate times and each time the total trip was close to an hour. Between waiting for the bus itself, making all the stops and then the drive over to the park it took a long time. NOW I will say that you bypass the need for the Parking Lot TRAM, The Mono-Rail and/or the Ferry Boat so that saves time, but it just feels like the buses could run more often at peak times.
Food - I thought I was in the Flintstones for awhile there (you remember when they would drive down the street and the same buildings would flash by over and over?.....well, that’s the Disney menu's). I was hoping they'd get a bit creative and have theme nights or something to spice things up, but it was the same old overpriced food from the parks. I like the idea of a sit down restaurant being available, but why always the same menu? Especially when its Jamaican Food and when you have a built in customer? Makes no sense to me. Again, I like Jamaican food, but every Jerk Chicken every night unless you want to leave the resort? Disappointing.
Overall we will most likely stay on Disney property again when we go back....and Disney World itself is still a fantastic place. However, unless the CBR becomes a 'value' resort, we will NOT be going back there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort is a tropical lakeside paradise set on beautiful 45-acre Barefoot Bay. Sail away to the inviting Caribbean, where lazy days are devoted to sun and sand, swaying palm trees and island foods. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disneys Caribbean Beach Hotel
- Disneys Caribbean Beach Resort
- Caribbean Beach Resort Florida
- Disney Carribean Resort
- Disney World Caribbean Beach Resort
- Disney Carribean Beach
- Disney Caribbean Beach Hotel
- Disney Caribbean Resort
- Caribbean Beach Resort Disney
- Caribbean Beach Resort Orlando