“Excellent for Disney parks” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort to your Saves list
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   900 Cayman Way, Off Buena Vista Drive, Orlando, FL 32830-1000   |
Ranked #174 of 328 hotels in Orlando
“Excellent for Disney parks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

We had a dining plan but found it was better eating out in the evenings at other Disney areas as the food was much better and warmer and it was included in our plan. The staff wasn't very helpful when we first arrived as we didn't understand the dining plan but over the 2 weeks we figured it out. The complex was spotless always clean and tidy specially as we went out of main season. The shuttle service to all Disney parks was exceptional was so near to our area. We loved our holiday but was disappointed on the food would be better to have different food each night.

• Stayed November 2012

3,851 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (788)
  • Turkish first
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

First of all this hotel was very expensive. Our tv and wifi did not work the whole time. We called and were told we needed to call another extension and when we did they said they couldnt help us. Very very disappointed. Also the lock on our door was broken, so when we left the room anyone could just come by and open the door. I am saddened that Disneys high standards are gone. I will never stay at a Disney hotel again

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Queensbury, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

My husband & I have been bringing our children & now grandchildren to Disney since 1991, every other year. Due to the fact that we have always been a very large party, we have always rented beautiful spacious condos off property. This October, traveling with just my daughter & granddaughter I had my first experience of staying on property at The Caribbean Beach Resort. It was such a wonderful experience that I will now always stay on property, just need to add a few more rooms next time!! I was a bit nervous relying totally on Disney transportation from the airport to all the parks and not having a car, which we did for the ten days that we were there. It was the best!! No problems, from the time we checked in to the time we checked out. To & from the airport was the easiest I have ever encountered. The buses from the resort to the parks came quickly and in no time we were at the parks. That was the best, no worries & easy bus stops at our resort. The rooms were great, clean and spacious enough for the three of us. The resort was beautiful with its gardens and lake. My granddaughter who is 3 enjoyed the beach and never questioned that she could not go in the water, it was all about the sand. Every staff member that we encountered was fabulous, from checking in with Sandy, who was a doll, bell services, chambermaids, gift shop attendants, food court staff, grounds keepers, and security, because we locked ourselves out of the room one night to see the fireworks from Epcot which you can see from this resort. Security was there within minutes, but also checked our ID once they let us in the room which I thought was great. We ended up having to extend our stay one more night due to hurricane Sandy, flying into NY. The resort gave us a hurricane discount that was greatly appreciated. I would defiantly recommend this resort. We did the dining plan, it was great, made our reservations for table service online from home and with our key to the world, another hassle free experience! Disney is the Best!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Driffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

our family has just returned from this superb disney resort acomadation is good and clean .
maids and all staff freindly superb pools with good atmosphere .
only down side was tie diseney quick dine plan i would not recomend it to anybody unless you like eating in macdonald style fast food restraunts and would definatly tell you to pay the extra and upgrade to the dine plan witch is the middle plan in the disney dinning package this then enables you to eat in sit down waited on restraunts but be warned it does not include your waiter/waitresses tip which is expected in america and is usualy 20% of the total bill . would definatly stop at a disney resort again and use the dine plan option if still available

Room Tip: trinidad south is the pirates theimed rooms
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

The hotel grounds are beautiful with all the landscaping and the ponds nearby. The resteraunt area had alot of different food to choose from. The pool area was very nice with two different water slides to go down. The rooms were clean, spacious and decorated in the Disney theme. I liked that they provided a mini frdge at no extra charge. The staff at the hotel were so helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: It is a big resort so unless you dont mind walking a ways to the main pool and resteraunt area I wou...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Panama City, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I've stayed at almost all of the Disney resorts. This was my second time staying at Caribbean Beach, even though it's my least favorite of the Disney hotels. It was a host resort for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon weekend, so we got some extra perks if we chose to stay here. The first time I stayed here was 10 years ago and I didn't love it then. This time, it was definitely showing its age. I was shocked that things weren't being kept up to Disney standards, and I'm a hardcore Disney vacationer. Maybe its the economy, but the carpet was getting shabby, there was only one soap and hardly any washcloths, and the bedskirt was dirty. In the food court, the napkins didn't even have the Disney logo printed on them anymore. I know that sounds petty, but its the little things that make Disney magic, and a plain old napkin just isn't the same. Plus, the food in the food court was NOT that great. Do not waste a quick service here. Go to Downtown Disney and eat at the Earl of Sandwich or Wolfgang Pucks or anywhere else. The pillows were great, but the beds are super tiny! I think they're full size, there's no way thats a queen. Basically, it was a quiet place to sleep, but doesn't really have that Disney feel. If I can help it, I won't stay here again. Coronado Springs or Port Orleans are much nicer moderate resorts.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

My hubby and I celebrated our 20th anniversary here. We have stayed at many Disney properties in the 16 visits we've had to Disney, but this was the first at the Carribean. The positives: beds are SOO comfortable! The pool area was beautiful (although the weather was too cold to allow us to use it). Every cast member was wonderful and helpful as always at Disney.
The negatives and why we will choose another moderate Disney property next time: our room had a very musty smell. Since we were spending most of the day away from the hotel, we didn't ask to change rooms, but on the bus we talked to another couple staying at Carribean and they in passing mentioned their room had a musty smell, so we apparently weren't alone. The other big negative is the distance between all the amenities at this resort...the Custom House where you check in is a big walk away from nearly everything else. They have an internal shuttle system but you wait a good bit to catch them. Also, the Disney bus service here is the slowest we've had...there are so many stops around this resort that it takes quite awhile to get where you are going. Lastly, there is only one table service restaurant here, and they are open only for dinner. The food court is open for all meals, but it is your typical food court fare.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort? Share your experiences!