“Great Time” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #158 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Temple, Texas
“Great Time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2011

Just returned from a 5 night trip with my 21 yr old son. After staying last July at Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas and the Polynesian before that I was a little afraid of a lower rated resort. But as soon as we checked in and went to our room all worries were gone. The grounds of the resort are beautiful with lots of wildlife. Yes , the rooms are a bit dated , but it's a 20 + year old resort that has had a lot of visitors. The room was very clean, I didn't see stains or worn bedding. Mousekeeping did a great job cleaning daily. The only thing that was just a small issue was that it took a little while to leave the resort because of all the bus stops. We ate there twice and both times our food was good. I would stay here again and recommend it.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,055)
  • Turkish first
Carmel, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2011

Let me first start by saying Caribbean Beach was our 2nd resort in less than 4 hours when we visited last week. We first started at All Star Sports.....we were put in 2 dirty rooms there before transferring us to Caribbean Beach at 1AM! After check in we went to our room only to find the worst room I've ever seen! The trash was over flowing, there were dirty toothbrushes on the sink, someone's retainer, dirty towels on the floor, used razors in the shower, pubic hair all over the dirty toilet, and cleaning supplies half used on the floor! Needless to say I was beside myself! I immediately called the front desk and they said a manager was on the way to look at the room......she arrived about 20 minutes later with 3 security guards! Are you kidding me?!? The manager then said she would find us another room and move us.....while she was doing that, the security guards stood guard watching myself, my daughter, and my fiance.....it was absolutely uncalled for. We were moved to another room after about 30 minutes only to walk into a room that had a horrible smell! The manager said the smell we were smelling was plastic.....they put up a new shower curtain because the old one had MOLD on it! Really?!? How about just put us in a CLEAN room! At this point my fiance said lets just deal with this in the morning....we had been up over 24 hours and he needed sleep because he was participating in the IronMan in 2 days! I called back down to the front desk a few hours later to talk to a new manager and he decided it would be best to move us to The Yacht Club. After finally checking in at the The Yacht club....they AGAIN put us in a dirty room! Finally, after about 16 hours we had our 6th and final room at The Yacht Club. I guess in order to get a clean room in Disney one must pay $433 a night!

Room Tip: Check everything upon entering the room!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
new jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2011

Recent stay was with my wife and 2 children (4 yrs and 19 months). The room did have a wet smell when you first walked in. We did have view of the lake but the room was noticibly musty. The room (bedding, carpet, furniture) is outdated except for the updated flat screen. The bathroom area could use some updating. The shower curtain had mold - easy and cheap item to replace instead of painting the exterior (going on during our stay). The bath tub should be cleaned better. Noticable when you are giving baths to small children. The mini-frig didn't fit in the dresser unit so the one door was constantly opened.
The hotel was in a great location from MK, Downtown Disney and SeaWorld. The hotel pool was great for a our kids. Their towncenter for food was also very good (staff was questionable at times). Despite me picking on their rooms it was an OK place to stay. Not posh like the Swan but for being on Disney property it was acceptable. The pool facility was the big seller for me with 2 small children and despite my negativity of the room it was a great trip and the hotel was sufficient for us.

lillian,texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2011

our room was not ready,and when we wanted to stay past our ck out,it was not possiable.,the guy that brought our luggage was sooo rude to my wife,i was not in the room,and he didnt like her tip,so he held,it up and then looked all around the money,and then finally took it,he was a complete jerk,i only wish i knew his name,and could see him.
I have 3 rooms with all of my family,and if I return to Disney,it will not be here.
I doubt if anyone really cares,but the staff at the cafe and stores or also rude.,,,being from Texas we are not used to this..

Room Tip: the Grand Floridaian, was really nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hawthorne, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2011

This is our third Disney hotel we have stayed in... the first was the All Star Movie, then Port Orleans Riverside, now we decided to try out Caribbean beach... Let me say the property is HUGE.. you the front desk is in a building by itself that, depending on where your room is, can be a 15-20 minute walk.. there is a shuttle that circles the property that you can take. The main pool is a pirate pool which my 6 year old LOVED. Zero entry area, 2 slides, and a kiddie pool area which I liked because children cannot be over 48 inches to go in that area, which is always great to prevent the bigger kids from pummeling the little ones.

I found the room to be clean, spacious, and comfortable.

I also noticed since my last trip in 2007 that the buses to the parks seem to be more frequent. We never waited more than 15 minutes for a bus to all the different parks, and at night when the crowds were leaving after shows & fireworks, we never waited more than 20 minutes to get on board a bus.

Can't wait to go back.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2011

Went with my new wife and her 6 year old child. The pool was great. Buses were great. Room was maintained great. Bed was veryyyy uncomfortable! The food court sucks!! All in all it was ok.

• Stayed May 2011
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2011

Before I start my review, and if you're reading this review trying to research where to stay, let me just say something. Don't be turned away because of the bad reviews written on this comment board, and don't choose this because I'm about to give it a 5 circle rating. Please be open minded about what you're about to embark on by not having such high hopes of getting a fancy resort with fancy rooms that have fancy beds and fancy bathrooms etc... If you set your expectations a little low, you'd be surprised by how your stay will end up!
I, like you and the thousands of other people that have gone to review sites to determine where to stay, wanted to make sure we'd get the best bang for our buck. My wife and I decided that we'd set our standards low and expect nothing of this resort. This allowed us to have an honest perception of how we viewed the resort as a whole (cast members, facilities, pools, rooms etc...)
This resort is the largest resort in all of Disney World. It is so large that it has an internal shuttle to get you around - if you have to, keep that in mind. This resort has been broken into little resorts named after places in the Caribbean such as Trinidad, Aruba, Martinique, Barbados and Jamaica. The most preferred places to get are TRINIDAD NORTH AND MARTINIQUE. They are the closest in proximity to the food court AKA Old Port Royale and the main pool; which happens to be pirate themed. The farthest building from all of this is the TRINIDAD SOUTH where they house the pirate themed rooms. The pirate rooms offered by Caribbean are very firm and do not fit the bed frame very well - it is still a comfortable sleep nonetheless. We had the opportunity to stay in both the Nemo Room and the Pirate room (TRINIDAD SOUTH) and as far as comfort goes, I'd select the Nemo room (in TRINIDAD NORTH). Each building resort has it's own swimming pool if you're not too concerned about getting to the main pool area; this is a nice feature. If you're staying in either TRINIDAD NORTH or MARTINIQUE, you're looking about a 3minute walk to Old Port Royale where as the other resorts you're looking 7minutes to 15min but NOT THE 20 MINUTES some other posts have mentioned.
The cast members at registration/checking in & out were extremely friendly and helpful. The took time to explain the resort, where amenities were located along with times of service and also made certain that we were certain we didn't have any questions or concerns. We didn't rent a car so they offered to take us to our building via a shuttle. Please keep in mind that the front desk is separated from all the buildings, so if you're planning on walking to complain or raise a concern - don't do it! Simply pick up the phone and hit "front desk".
The food at Old Port Royale is certainly nothing fancy but they do have good a good food section and it's cafeteria style. Be sure to look at the menu and decide what you want before you step up to the counter, some guests' got really mad at us because we'd ask questions about how some food was prepared (allergy issues). All the cast members in the food service was extremely friendly and patient with us and some others we noticed that had questions.
The room was really nothing fancy, and I explained earlier that we didn't have high expectations of a fancy room for a moderate resorts, but it did offer very comfortable beds and pillows. The room does have a small fridge that allows for storage of beverages about 2qrts or smaller. The room does have plenty of storage for clothes or whatever. It has an in room safe with a key and also an iron and board along with an hair dryer.
There is a flyer that say towels are not supplied at the pool but this ONLY PERTAINS TO THE POOL THAT IS AT YOUR BUILDING so if you're swimming at your building BRING A TOWEL. Towels are offered at the main pool and it is a very big pool that is geared towards children - after all it it pirate themed. The pool is open 24hrs, but the slides are not. The children pool, which is gated, is open from 10am - 9pm with lifeguards on duty. Oh ya, the slides are also operating from 10am-9pm. There is plenty of space and lounge chairs for you to get a good spot in the sun. The kiddie pirate pool was a nice feature because it was gated and the water was only about a foot deep and it was height restricted - so kids 48" and UNDER were allowed in that area only. This kept the atmosphere safe for the littler kids.
The resort had little patches of white sand beach with hammocks to lay on while the kids played. Not much to say about that except it was nice to lay on a hammock while the kids played in the sand.
The shuttle service to the parks runs just about every 20min, sometimes sooner. We NEVER had a problem getting to a park or getting back home from a park. Plan accordingly when the park will close when catching your shuttle back to this resort. It is about a 20min drive from Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom. Epcot was only about 15mins were as Hollywood Studios was only about 10mins or less. If you leave when the park closes, be aware that so is 10k other people, and maybe 60-100 guests at your resort. It's always best to leave a little before the park closes.
Again, don't have high expectations of a moderate resort as you'll certainly be disappointed. However, if you go without having any real expectations except this is simply a hotel and it serves as nothing more than a place to sleep & rest, then I'll be certain you will absolutely love this resort - I know this because my wife and I did this very thing; little or no expectations and check-out happy as ever and are in the making of booking another vacation @ this same resort.
One more point I want to make is that this resort does NOT have a hotel feel to it. You sort of feel like your alone because the resort is so spread out and you don't run into a lot of people in your building. This was the greatest part of this resort.

Room Tip: Stay @ Martinique or Trinidad North bottom floors!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Been to Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort? Share your experiences!