“great hotel on disney property” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Orlando - Lake Buena Vista

You added Holiday Inn Orlando - Lake Buena Vista to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Orlando - Lake Buena Vista
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1805 Hotel Plaza Blvd, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #18 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Providence, Rhode Island
“great hotel on disney property”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

it's not a disney hotel, but it's right on disney property - just past downtown disney. the price was reasonable, the hotel was clean and comfortable. the staff was friendly. the only lame thing is that you have to pay to park in their parking lot. where the hell else are you going to park? *shrug* other than that, it was a nice place for an overnight stay in a convenient location.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
GuestServices1805, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Orlando - Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear indymanda,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor regarding your stay at our property! We appreciate your positive feedback and are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It’s a pleasure to hear you found “the price was reasonable, the hotel was clean and comfortable. the staff was friendly.” As for the parking, yes just like our neighboring hotels we do charge but we do not have a resort fee so you can enjoy our complimentary internet, refrigerators, microwaves, coffee, etc, and it’s really free 

Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (521)
  • Greek first
Coconut Creek, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

This is our second visit to this Holiday Inn and I must say they are doing an excellent job of making their guest feel at home. Christina at the front desk was wonderful. From our initial call in to verify our reservation, she was very nice. Christina greeted us with a smile, went out of her way to ensure check-in was flawless, provided us all the information we needed and made us feel welcomed. Excellent job, keep up the good work!

The hotel is walking distance to Downtown Disney, breakfast was great and our room was very comfortable. We will be returning for a longer stay in 2/2014.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear HappyGuest33073,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor regarding your stay at our property! We appreciate your positive feedback and are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I’ll be sure Christina is recognized for her outstanding customer service and for how she “greeted us with a smile, went out of her way to ensure check-in was flawless, provided us all the information we needed and made us feel welcomed”.

Ottawa, ON
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

We were going to Disney as a little getaway to celebrate my husband's 50th birthday and our honeymoon (married June 2013). I sent messages on Facebook, emailed hotel directly and even sent message on here but never got any response back. Not the service I was hoping for. I had called the hotel directly requesting a room away from the elevator and we were put directly between the elevator and housekeeping in 1118. This room didn't have a balcony and the view was probably the worst view the hotel had (I4 and a hotel next door undergoing renovations)Again, my visit was far below what I had hoped it would be. Certainly will not bother to stay here next time we choose a place to celebrate special occasions.

The only positive was the location to Downtown Disney.

Room Tip: Doesn't seem to matter what you request, they give you exactly the opposite.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
GuestServices1805, General Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando - Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Springtime38 -

Thank you for being our guests and for posting your review on Trip Advisor. We value our guests and your feedback regarding your room requests will help us evaluate our pre arrival communication procedures. In your case, we failed to meet your expectation and sincerely aplogize for the inconvenience you encountered.

We really strive to please each and everyone of our guests and we typically get rave reveiws at our beautiful Holiday Inn Walt Disney World hotel. I would be more than happy to discuss your stay with you personally, please feel free to reach out to me at the contact information below. Thanks again and I hope to talk with you soon.

Hugh Anderson, General Manager
hugh.anderson@ihg.com
407.827.7050
Atlanta, Ga
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

It's a 40 year old hotel. Granted the hotel went through a much touted $35 mm renovation - 3 years ago - but there's not alot to be done with 40 year old rooms. I was first assigned a horrible room with a half window, a view of the roof and a beat couch that looked like it was installed when the hotel was built. I asked for another room and the super patronizing deck agent relented and gave me one. The second room was much better with a more normal sized closet, a newer couch and a balcony. Granted, the balcony overlooked I-4 but the slight noise didn't bother me. The bath towels, although plentiful, were thin and the amenities are tiny little bottles with an awkward lid. Self-parking is $10 a day and as an IHG Rewards member I got 2 bottles of water. Another note about the desk agents - they could be a little more professional. One agent I approached greeted me with a "what's up?" Really? "What's up"? What's up with that way of talking to a guest?

I'm not sure what niche HI is trying to fit into - this hotel was more like a HI Express, without the free breakfast.

So would I stay here again? Perhaps if I got a low rate like I did on this stay. But Orlando has so many choices I don't know if this would make the cut.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Vika F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando - Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Hello BobZAtlanta_Ga,

First, thank you for your review of our hotel. Second, let me apologize for the way you were treated by the front desk staff. Curling under a rock may be easy after reading your comments about my agents. However, our service can not improve if I do not hear from our guests about a problem experienced during their stay.

I know there are many choices in Orlando for you to stay, but I would definitely like to make it up to you the next time you're in town. I can be reached by email: vika.fifita@ihg.com or phone: 407-828-8888 ext. 2117.

We hope to see you again soon.

Regards,

Vika Fifita
Front Office Manager
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

Our stay was only for a weekend but my husband and I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. From check in to check out the staff was super friendly and helpful. If anything wasn't right they promptly fixed it. Our room was in the tower and we had a view of Downtown Disney. When we checked in I had reserved our room with a package that included breakfast. I didn't realize that the front desk was supposed to give us vouchers but before 7am the next day we had the vouchers under our door without me having to say anything. The refrigerator in our room wasn't getting cold so I called the front desk and within 5 minutes maintenance was at my door checking it out, declared I needed a new one, left, came back with a new one all within 10-15 minutes. Now this is a big hotel and I'm sure they have a lot to take care of but there is no way you can complain about the service in this hotel. We were here for a friend's birthday but we are going to come back and stay here as long as wherever we need to be is within a 90 minute radius! Breakfast was fresh and delicious. I'm a bacon nut and their applewood bacon was perfection. The eggs are real, not powdered or strange tasting. The potatoes were perfectly done and the omelet lady was great. But I cannot leave out the mickey mouse waffles-after all you are in Disney World. The room was clean, the bed so comfortable I almost didn't want to leave the bed and the cleaning ladies were friendly and spot on. The shuttles to the parks leave every 30 minutes, there's a Disney store in the lobby and the lobby is very welcoming. I don't know what else to say other than our stay was fantastic and we are definitely staying here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
GuestServices1805, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Orlando - Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Alisa C,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor regarding your stay at our property! We appreciate your positive feedback and are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It’s great to hear that “From check in to check out the staff was super friendly and helpful.”

On behalf of the entire staff thank you for saying “I don't know what else to say other than our stay was fantastic and we are definitely staying here again” We look forward to welcoming you back real soon!

Alpharetta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn LBV Downtown while visiting Disneyworld this past Halloween. Hotel was very clean and appeared from the inside to be very updated and in great condition, especially considering the volume of travelers that stay here on a daily basis to attend the Orlando area attractions. Had booked online directly through IHG, as the price was actually better than others, even other travel discount sites and membership clubs to which I belong. Room was terrific and staff was very friendly too. Room with 2 queen beds overlooking Downtown Disney. Room view was very nice, but keep in mind, this view of DTD isn't anything 'amazing'. You see a small portion of the particular area, and it's not that you're right on top of it. View of the general Lake Buena Visit area was very beautiful, as can see for miles. It's a personal thing I guess, but I'm not there to spend much time on a small balcony when I plan on being out and about. DTD by the way is about a 1/2 mile distance, very easy to walk to which I advise if you're exploring at night..traffic and parking over at DTD is difficult at night. I had booked a room online with a pool view, only to find that upon my arrival around 11PM, the room had been assigned to someone else. Anyways, the staff was nice and eventually upgraded me to this room after 2 other rooms, which was very nice of them. Would I personally pay more for the DTD view room, which costs about $40+ additional per night...I personally wouldn't considering that you likely have other expenses to pay for while visiting the area. Hotel transportation to the Magic Kingdom was very good, and included for free..well...not really free as again, you pay a premium to stay at the hotel in the area...but regardless, it is worth it. Note, you have a nightly parking fee of $10. Ample hotel parking. There is also a restaurant in the hotel which people seem to enjoy, and the food looked nice. Prices were typical for the area of town for hotel restaurant meals. I decided to take a 5 minute walk up the road to the Best Western for their breakfast buffet...which was terrific, and children were only $6, adults $12. Also had dinner at the Benihana at the adjacent Hilton property, which was very good, not inexpensive mind you, but good value for the price and quality. Heck, Disney is expensive, so have to cut some corners here/there to stay within a budget. Doesn't mean you have to sacrifice quality. I would certainly stay at the property again.

Room Tip: Rooms in the main tower are nicer. Any room that doesn't face highway should be nice. Avoid hig...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Larroo ,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor regarding your stay at our property! We appreciate your positive feedback and are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It's great to hear you found the "Hotel was very clean and appeared from the inside to be very updated and in great condition, especially considering the volume of travelers that stay here on a daily basis to attend the Orlando area attractions." The hotel opened 3 years ago after a 35 million top to bottom rebuild and we have taken great pride in making the hotel look the same as the day we opened our doors to the first guests.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back real soon!

Arcadia, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Very friendly and helpful staff. Room and bathroom were very clean and nice, and seemed to have been remodeled in the last couple of years. I very much appreciated the free wi-fi. Very convenient to Walt Disney World and Downtown Disney. Even though we rented a car so that we could drive to Universal, we took the bus a few days to get to WDW. The bus saved us the $15 parking fee at WDW and did run about every 30mins. It is really great that there were only 2 hotel pickups, the Holiday Inn and Hilton, so that we arrived at the Disney park in a timely manner and the bus was not overly crowded. However, this could be due to the fact that we stayed their in Oct/Nov and not during the summer months.

Room Tip: We stayed on a high floor (9th) and faced Downtown Disney. It was very quiet.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
GuestServices1805, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Orlando - Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear photodiver12,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor regarding your stay at our property! We appreciate your positive feedback and are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It's wonderful to hear you say that you observed a "Very friendly and helpful staff. Room and bathroom were very clean and nice". And you are correct, the hotel opened 3 years ago after a complete rebuild of the hotel. I was part of the pre-opening team and my first trip to the hotel there were no walls, the floor consisted of piles of dirt and the pool was a hole in ground.

Director of Sales

Been to Holiday Inn Orlando - Lake Buena Vista? Share your experiences!