“All good.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Lake Buena Vista Downtown

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Lake Buena Vista Downtown to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Lake Buena Vista Downtown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1805 Hotel Plaza Blvd, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #20 of 329 hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
London, United Kingdom
“All good.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Exactly what you'd expect from a Holiday Inn. Very clean, good facilities. Like all hotels this close to Disney Downtown on Hotel Boulevard it has pay parking, and a fairly expensive, $20 for breakfast, but OK restaurant. I like the pool, although it's not heated, but in Orlando that's not such a problem. The hotel is not too overrun with children, so is a good adult choice.

Room Tip: Prefer a room over looking the pool, but I believe some have views of the Disney fireworks.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
GuestServices1805, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Lake Buena Vista Downtown, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Dougzz99,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at our property! We appreciate your positive feedback and are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It’s news to our ears that you found out hotel” Exactly what you'd expect from a Holiday Inn. Very clean, good facilities”.

1,529 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (393)
Zephyrhills, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

We my wife and I first arrived we meet Danny at the front desk. He made us feel so welcome and comfortable. He answered all of the questions we had. Very professional and considerate. We enjoyed our stay so much that we booked a room for next weekend. (. .Yes, Danny made us so welcome). We look forward to see him and the rest of your staff next weekend. Keep up the great work.

Room Tip: We were on the 12 floor and had a wonerful view of the fireworks at Epcot.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear CapnD2013,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at our property! We appreciate your positive feedback and are delighted to hear you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sure Danny is recognized for his outstanding service.

We look forward to welcoming you and your wife back next weekend!

Rhyl, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

after three weeks doing the theme parks and also traveling around florida, we checked into this property for our last night before our flight home.
at reception we were given free bottles of water and vouchers for a couple of free drinks at the bar.
we had booked balcony rooms facing disney and had requested a high floor so we could see the fireworks, and that is exactly what the hotel provided for us.
the hotel pool was the largest that we had experienced while in florida.
at check in i asked if a late check out was possible as we were not flying home till 7pm. the receptionist said i would need to check with reception in the morning. i rang in the morning and they said no problem, we could have the rooms until 1pm, which was very helpful.
breakfast was the best that we have had at a hotel in florida.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
GuestServices1805, Manager at Holiday Inn Lake Buena Vista Downtown, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Dear fireblade1,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at our property! We appreciate your positive feedback and are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us during your 3 week Vacation. I am delighted your were able to experience the Firework show from your view and enjoyed some of the perks from being a valued IHG Rewards member.

Best regards;
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

I had such a fantastic stay at the Holiday Inn! My son and I stayed there for a week and loved every minute of it. The rooms were so clean and spacious. I know a lot of people just don't feel right sleeping away from home, but those beds are so comfortable that they make you feel right at home if not better. Of course the pool area is just stunning & kept real clean! My son loved the fountains and the whole beach walk-in style approach. Can't forget to mention the food there is awesome!!! They have a buffet breakfast with lots of variety to choose, from a bowl of cereal to a specially made omelet or adorable Mickey Mouse waffle. I really didn't want to go out one night to get dinner so we went down to the Palms restaurant and it was well worth staying in, the food was delicious! The staff is so friendly as well. As I said before it was just myself and my small son and I was trying to get both of our plates, my hands were full & I was trying to keep my son with me and he was so excited for a Mickey Mouse waffle. An employee by the name of Vanessa had seen I had my hands full and she offered to go make my son's Mickey waffle while I went and seated myself & my son. She was so sweet! And I can't forget to mention the two sweet gentlemen you get to see first when you arrive for your stay is Ernie and Jay with valet service. They have outstanding customer service, so pleasant and nice to see as you come and go from the hotel. Oh and last but not least, sweet Danny at the front desk. I was having a problem with my email account on my phone, that he so graciously let me use his computer to access my account and print an important document. This is a must stay at hotel! Everything is so convenient! All the parks are nearby as well as many shops and easy access to main roads to get to where you need. I absolutely enjoyed my stay at the Holiday Inn and I will continue to go back and use this hotel as my vacation stay! :-)

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Momma2Nuggie6,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at our property! We appreciate your positive feedback and especially enjoy hearing about your great experience with our "Comfortable Beds, Stunning Pool, and your remark "Can't forget to mention the food there is awesome!!!", and "specially made omelet or adorable Mickey Mouse waffle" . I will be sure that Vanessa, Ernie, Jay and Danny are recognized for their friendly service, I'm glad to hear he was able to assit you with your email and provide you and excellent serive experince.

We look forward to welcoming you back real soon for your next vacation!

hull, ma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

The only reason I am giving this hotel a rating of 4, is because they didn't have feather pillows! The location was perfect for me, I was able to access the Disney shuttle buses (which for the most part ran like clockwork), had free breakfast everyday (I recommend joining their IHG program) and enjoyed the layout and cleanliness of the hotel and its grounds.
I went alone, for 5 days. I was treated with courtesy and respect, and staff all were very welcoming and made me feel quite comfortable. My room was large and spotless. I overlooked a parking lot so I was not able to see the fireworks from the parks at night, so make sure you ask when you book a room if fireworks are visible. Also, be wary of buying tickets to the parks in the hotel lobby - it's really a venue for a timeshare, and if you don't do the 90 minute requisite meeting, you will be overcharged by about $30 or so dollars if you buy from them.
The walk to Downtown Disney was too much for me, but for those of you who are more fit (and thinner!), it's a doable 15 minute walk. I used the shuttles for everything, and it saved me a great deal of money. And, while it took time to get to the parks, it gave me the opportunity to put my tired feet up and relax.
I recommend this hotel for families, singles, couples and extended families - a nice experience for my birthday trip.

Room Tip: Ask if you room can overlook the pool or in the direction of the nighttime fireworks.
Green Features: While I appreciate their practices, when I vacation I really want clean sheets and towels on a daily basis. They're environmentally friendly, I am not!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear Riski,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at our property! We appreciate your positive feedback regarding "Location, Shuttle Buses, and Breakfast". We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It was also a delight ti hear you were able to see the Fireworks and enjoy your Birthday with us, I am sure it was an experience you will always remember. We look forward to welcoming you back real soon!

Sandy, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Wonderful, friendly staff And dining room service, especially Said and Allison, restaurant supervisor, as well as Zely. Rooms large, quiet, clean and free shuttle to the Disneyworld parks a blessing. Couldn't be better!

Room Tip: Ask for a "quiet" room and they'll put you on a high upper floor. We are seniors and a...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
GuestServices1805, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Lake Buena Vista Downtown, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear TripTakers33,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at our property! We appreciate your positive feedback and are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sure that Said, Allison and Zely are recognized for their friendly service.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel for 6 nights and have absolutely nothing negative to say!! We booked 48hours in advance the 'discover Florida' package which included buffet brekky each morning of our stay which we must say the highlight of our morning was having a fresh omelette prepared in front of us by omelette chef extraordinaire Joaquin DELICIOUS!! Service is top notch and the free bus picks you up straight out the front doors of the hotel every 30mins and takes you to all the Disney Parks. Pool/gym and spa are perfect and clean and not busy at all. I would recommend this place to everyone who wants to save a bit of cash and doesn't mind traveling 15 minutes to the parks :-) also the free Wi Fi is amazing to us Aussies wanting to keep in touch with family back home.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear LaniAussie,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at our property! We appreciate your positive feedback and are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sure that Joaquin is recognized for his outstanding omelet skills.

Director of Sales

Been to Holiday Inn Lake Buena Vista Downtown? Share your experiences!