“Overcrowded, noisy, and not worth your money.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Orlando - Lake Buena Vista

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Orlando - Lake Buena Vista to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Orlando - Lake Buena Vista
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1805 Hotel Plaza Blvd, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #17 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Park Ridge, New Jersey
“Overcrowded, noisy, and not worth your money.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

We stayed there in April and checked in on a Saturday and left on a Monday. When we arrived there was a big party just leaving the ballrooms and we entered the lobby and heard the "boom, boom, boom" of the music on the way to the elevators and had to battle with people just to walk through. Really not what I needed after hours riding in the car. The people that were coming from the ballroom made their way to the bar, which is actually right next to the front desk and we had to walk through that crowd as well.

Our room was clean, we had a high floor as requested, and paid for the room with a view of downtown disney. The main reason I got the room with a view of downtown disney was so we could see the fireworks and take pictures on the balcony. The balcony actually faced the busy street and the fireworks were sooo far away, it really was not worth the extra money. We did take some pictures the first night we stayed since we arrived late, but the next two days we were at the park all day and didn't even look at the view.

On Sunday night, I went to buy a bottle of water from the little snack shop and there was no attendent but a sign saying to pay at the bar. So then some guy comes up the bar after I had been waiting for the bartender who distinctly saw me but decided to help the guy instead. What the hell! I am in my pj's and you wont let me give you a dollar for this stupid water! So then I put the money on the bar and yelled out to the bartender to told him I was leaving the money and left. Horrible service and why do I have to pay at the bar, get an attendent at your snack stand, wth!?!!?!!!!

Breakfast was very crowded and noisy on Sunday morning, we had to wait for a table. The table was set with silverware and the waitress came up to take our drink order. Good, on to the right start. We come back to our table after going to the buffet and notice that there are 2 more people who joined the table next to us and that our silverware is gone. Really?!?!?!!!! Now I have my food but cannot eat and have to wait for a server to bring me silverware that the table stole from us! I'd rather pay the extra $200 per night to stay in a Disney owned hotel and make sure I get the service I deserve.

Monday's breakfast was better. A lot less crowded and we got a table closer to the buffet.

On the up side, the people who work in the Disney gift shop were very knowledgable and helpful when talking about the parks and our ticket options. I was not surprised to hear that Disney owns that gift shop, therefore, the people working were Disney employees which was the reason why they were so helpful and knowledgeful. The person who checked us in at the front desk was nice as well. But, after our stay I was happy to check out.

Room Tip: The higher the level, the lesser the noise. Do not spend a weekend here during the warmer months...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando - Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Dear Tnmffie,

Thank you for posting a review of our property. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class service and we are sorry we did not manage this for your stay. Please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced and we regret our hotel service did not live up to your expectations. We have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Once again, thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope that you will consider us again on your future travels.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (487)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

We stayed here October last year during a drive around Florida. We loved our time here and it was made special by Angela after she found out we just became engaged.

The rooms were good quality Holiday Inn style, breakfast was good and the Strawberry Mojitos were great by the pool in the evening before walking to Downtown Disney - only a couple of minutes away!

This hotel would be great for families, but we enjoyed it as a couple and can't recommend it enough for someone looking for a DisneyWorld hotel.

I hope Angela is still there as we're thinking about going back again this October, would be nice to thank her again in person. Thanks so much for your efforts in making our stay perfect.

Lucy & Che.

Room Tip: We had a room overlooking the I4, so not facing anything particular. It was fine and quiet with virt...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

2012 my family and I decided to take a vacation to Orlando and we chose Holiday Inn for it's reasonable price. 2013 we came back because we really enjoyed our stay and this time it's no different. The staff is all friendly and hospitable, they even give you advice on tourist areas and places to go saving time to do research. Every employee member is friendly and is welcoming with a warm smile, they will go for the extra mile in order to make your stay and unforgettable one.

Also try the breakfast buffet, it's a reasonable price and the quality of the food is fair!

Room Tip: I advise to get a room with a balcony in order to dry your wet clothes (after a day at one of Florid...
Green Features: They advocate recycling and turning off all the electricity when you leave your room. When the housekeeper makes your bed they turn off all the electricity if you forgot.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Our family stayed last year and had a fantastic time at this hotel. Ernie, who is a porter at the hotel provided us with a fabulous greeting. ( he really is worth more money - as my kids have told their friends to go there to meet the cool guy). Each time we left the hotel he would give us a friendly reception. Breakfast is great value and it is short walk to downtown Disney. The buses ran regularly for drop off to the parks each morning and it was easy to find them at night . It was lovely after a busy day at the parks to sit by the pool with a drink and relax. In fact , we would love to be back there right now.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
GuestServices1805, Guest Services Representative at Holiday Inn Orlando - Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at our property!

I am pleased to know that your stay with us was enjoyable and that Ernie provided you with a fabulous greeting at check in. We will make sure that Ernie is recognized in some special way due to your kind comments.

We look forward to welcome you back!

Adriana Guest Services Representative
Holiday Inn Lake Buena Vista Downtown
Located in the WALT DISNEY WORLD® Resort
2013 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Our rooms were clean and very well appointed with the necessary items for our 2 day stay. The staff was very responsive to out needs and helpful. Our housekeeper was "a keeper" for sure! She made sure that when we returned from a long hot day at the park, everything we needed was ready and even took care of getting a small leaky water pipe under the sink fixed while we were out having fun. The refrigerator and microwave in the room were a bonus since we traveled with children and needed to store and heat snacks.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the parks so you can watch the fireworks from you balcony.
North Dighton, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We chose the Holiday Inn because of its value and proximity to Disney. A welcome bonus was the courteous and friendly staff. The staff at the Holiday Inn is by far its greatest asset! Every employee we came in contact with was extremely friendly and helpful including the front desk, the valet attendants, housekeeping, maintenance, and the restaurant staff. The common areas of the hotel as well as the rooms are well maintained and always clean. The location is within walking distance to Disney Village and shuttles are available every 1/2 hour to all the Disney parks. There are many properties to choose from while staying in the Disney area, and we have visited many of them, but the Holiday Inn was a great value and choice for us..

Room Tip: A room overlooking the pool. I would request a room with a balcony with a black rail rather than a...
Green Features: A small recycling bin in the room would be helpful.
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

This place was lovely, and a great get away for my husband and I. Normally we bring the kids down on vacation, but this visit it was just the two of us. As soon as we came in Friday evening, we decided to have dinner at the hotel restaurant, which was quite busy. Mikey greeted us with a huge smile, & served us our dinner as the other waiters were unable to get to us. Friendliest service I'd received in years. The food was delicious, and the wait was fair given the amount of people inside. My bed was very comfortable, I was able to enjoy a good night's sleep. The hotel has gave us an excellent view of the downtown Disney area. No complaints at this hotel, look forward to bringing the kids here for the holidays.

Room Tip: Book your room well in advance & request a room in the tower building, it's very quiet!
Green Features: I would have liked to see more recycling bins. We are very eco-friendly in South Dakota and I would expect such a large resort area to take a larger part.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
GuestServices1805, Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando - Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Julia M,

Thank you so much for your wonderful 5 star review!!

I am glad to know that you and your husband were able to enjoy a get away from the kids.

Your positive feedback towards our hotel, restaurant & staff are greatly appreciated and we look forward to welcome back the whole family back for the Holidays!

Once more, thank you!

Chrystel Mattli
Assistant Front Office Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Orlando - Lake Buena Vista? Share your experiences!