We stayed there in April and checked in on a Saturday and left on a Monday. When we arrived there was a big party just leaving the ballrooms and we entered the lobby and heard the "boom, boom, boom" of the music on the way to the elevators and had to battle with people just to walk through. Really not what I needed after hours riding in the car. The people that were coming from the ballroom made their way to the bar, which is actually right next to the front desk and we had to walk through that crowd as well.
Our room was clean, we had a high floor as requested, and paid for the room with a view of downtown disney. The main reason I got the room with a view of downtown disney was so we could see the fireworks and take pictures on the balcony. The balcony actually faced the busy street and the fireworks were sooo far away, it really was not worth the extra money. We did take some pictures the first night we stayed since we arrived late, but the next two days we were at the park all day and didn't even look at the view.
On Sunday night, I went to buy a bottle of water from the little snack shop and there was no attendent but a sign saying to pay at the bar. So then some guy comes up the bar after I had been waiting for the bartender who distinctly saw me but decided to help the guy instead. What the hell! I am in my pj's and you wont let me give you a dollar for this stupid water! So then I put the money on the bar and yelled out to the bartender to told him I was leaving the money and left. Horrible service and why do I have to pay at the bar, get an attendent at your snack stand, wth!?!!?!!!!
Breakfast was very crowded and noisy on Sunday morning, we had to wait for a table. The table was set with silverware and the waitress came up to take our drink order. Good, on to the right start. We come back to our table after going to the buffet and notice that there are 2 more people who joined the table next to us and that our silverware is gone. Really?!?!?!!!! Now I have my food but cannot eat and have to wait for a server to bring me silverware that the table stole from us! I'd rather pay the extra $200 per night to stay in a Disney owned hotel and make sure I get the service I deserve.
Monday's breakfast was better. A lot less crowded and we got a table closer to the buffet.
On the up side, the people who work in the Disney gift shop were very knowledgable and helpful when talking about the parks and our ticket options. I was not surprised to hear that Disney owns that gift shop, therefore, the people working were Disney employees which was the reason why they were so helpful and knowledgeful. The person who checked us in at the front desk was nice as well. But, after our stay I was happy to check out.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn - In The Walt Disney World Hotel
- Holiday Inn - In The Walt Disney World Hotel Orlando
- Holiday Inn Orlando
- Orlando Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Lake Buena Vista Downtown. This J.D. Power & Associates award winning hotel is fresh from a $25 million top-to-bottom makeover, making it the perfect place to stay during your vacation to the Walt Disney World Resort. With deluxe rooms, lobby and business amenities and facilities, you are sure to enjoy the comfort and convenience of our charming Orlando hotel. Whether you are in town for a weekend getaway, destination wedding or family vacation, our hotel in Lake Buena Vista puts you in the center of it all. Located within the Walt Disney World Resort, our hotel is just a short walk from everything the Downtown Disney area has to offer, as well as several Orlando attractions, golf courses and shopping. If you're in Orlando on business, feel free to utilize our 10 different meeting rooms with space for 18 to 600 guests, on-site audio/visual equipment, catering services and sales & meeting professionals. During your vacation, enjoy our choice Orlando hotel amenities, which include free high-speed Internet access, a delicious on-site restaurant and lounge, brand new 32' LG LCD HDTVs in every room, Bath and Body Works bath amenities in every bathroom, a zero-entry pool and an on-site game room for the kids. We also offer Rainforest Alliance certified coffees. Check out our Orlando hotel room deals, and make your reservation today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Olotels, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Lake Buena Vista Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.