“Great Place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Orlando - Lake Buena Vista

You added Holiday Inn Orlando - Lake Buena Vista to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Orlando - Lake Buena Vista
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1805 Hotel Plaza Blvd, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #18 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Great Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

This place was lovely, and a great get away for my husband and I. Normally we bring the kids down on vacation, but this visit it was just the two of us. As soon as we came in Friday evening, we decided to have dinner at the hotel restaurant, which was quite busy. Mikey greeted us with a huge smile, & served us our dinner as the other waiters were unable to get to us. Friendliest service I'd received in years. The food was delicious, and the wait was fair given the amount of people inside. My bed was very comfortable, I was able to enjoy a good night's sleep. The hotel has gave us an excellent view of the downtown Disney area. No complaints at this hotel, look forward to bringing the kids here for the holidays.

Room Tip: Book your room well in advance & request a room in the tower building, it's very quiet!
Green Features: I would have liked to see more recycling bins. We are very eco-friendly in South Dakota and I would expect such a large resort area to take a larger part.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
GuestServices1805, Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando - Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Julia M,

Thank you so much for your wonderful 5 star review!!

I am glad to know that you and your husband were able to enjoy a get away from the kids.

Your positive feedback towards our hotel, restaurant & staff are greatly appreciated and we look forward to welcome back the whole family back for the Holidays!

Once more, thank you!

Chrystel Mattli
Assistant Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (521)
  • Greek first
Waipahu, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We stayed for a total of 13 days and nights. I made a special request online to check in early at 2 pm with Kelly Bonfati, and they we're able to accommodate our request. As soon as we arrived at the front desk, Danny welcomed us and notified us that our room was ready. Danny provided brochures, maps, and directions around our area. He was very helpful.

Their Breakfast Buffet was outstanding. The area is very clean and organized. Hostess, Waiters, and Waitresses we're always smiling and constantly checking up on us to make sure we had a good Breakfast. Omelet Station, fruits, bacon, sausage links, pancakes; you name it, they have it. I forgot to mention their MICKEY WAFFLES!!! It is a waffle station that you make your own. TIP: We recommend that you go early to avoid a crowd and to get an early start to your day.

If you are coming here for the theme parks (Magic Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom, Epcot) at Disney World, the hotel offers shuttle service that runs every 30 minutes. There are shuttles that also travel to Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach, but you must transfer buses from any of the parks or just ask a cast member for assistance. This proved beneficial for us because we would get tired throughout the day, catch the shuttle back to the hotel, and return back to the park later in the evening. Downtown Disney is about a 10-15 minute walk, but beginning at 6 pm, there is shuttle service to Downtown Disney. For the most part the shuttles are on time depending on traffic.

Overall, a great place to stay for everyone. Will most definitely be returning back next year!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
GuestServices1805, Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando - Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Bryson H,

Thank you so much for your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Lake Buena Vista Downtown!!

We truly appreciate you taking the time to leave such a wonderful & candid review!! It is great to know that your experience with us was a great one and we definitely look forward to seeing you once again next year!

I am pleased to know that your request was accommodated at check in & we will make sure that Kelly and Danny are recognized in some special way due to your kind comments.

Once more, thank you very much for your feedback!

Chrystel Mattli
Assistant Front Office Manager
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

This was one of several hotels at Downtown Disney. We choose it because it was actually inside the WDW Resort area and because we got a really good deal without the Resort Fees. The area itself is very nice and the hotel is in walking distance to Downtown Disney and offered shuttle service to all Disney parks. The staff was friendly and very helpful with almost anything you asked them. I loved the pool because one side was 0 entry for smaller children. The hotel itself was nothing spectacular. The entire interior was this "institutional" yellow color. The elevator and the area surrounding it had an old musty smell to it. We had adjoining rooms with balconies. One room had a nice view of the pool and the other had a concrete wall to look at. The only real complaint is that I kept finding random hair but I didn't make a big deal about it.

Room Tip: If you actually want a pool view be sure to ask for a room with the wrought iron banister versus the...
Dear creneek,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at our property! We appreciate your feedback as it helps us to continue to improve our guest experience.

Thibodaux, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I choose this hotel thanks to the reviews that it got on Trip Advisor. I am a person who lives with 0.C.D. and I have a phobia of hotel rooms.. After much consideration I choose Holiday Inn Lake Buena Vista. This hotel was absolutely wonderful . From the moment we drove up and were greeted by the parking guys to the moment we checked out our trip was flawless. The room was spotless , the staff were very nice and helpful and the location to all the parks was great. I would def recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a good , clean, friendly place to stay!!

Dear Vicky M,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at our property! We appreciate your feedback and recommendation for other guest to stay with us. On behalf of the entire staff, we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Orlando.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

This was a lovely place to stay except for one HUGE issue. I had booked and payed for our room months in advance and requested a roll away as our party was 2 adults and 2 children. The kids can't sleep together. Upon check in we were told there are no roll aways at the hotel. We had 2 queen beds and the other option was a room with 1 king and a pull out sofa. It was suggested we go to Walmart and buy an air mattress. NO ROLL AWAY IN A FAMILY HOTEL! We did buy a mattress and it only just fitted in the room. The dining area has a horrible smell too. The buffet breakfast was ok. Walking distance to Downtown Disney which is great also. The staff were all friendly and helpful. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Topsyturn,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at our property! We appreciate your feedback. I personally would like to apologize for the inconvenience with the rollaway however I am glad that the rest of your stay was truly enjoyable.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

My bad luck with the hotel started right from the check-in. The key card did not work and the next key card issued led me to an occupied room, where the previous guest had not checked out. I was given a $80 voucher for the "inconvenience". I really did not care for this because I was on a business trip and my company was footing the bill.
Next morning, my breakfast arrived 40 minutes late. I was comped again - free breakfast which I didn't have time to eat.
That same evening when I dialed the room service to order the breakfast for next morning, I was asked to leave a message but my call was never returned. Then I wanted to iron my shirt but the iron didn't work.
Was it my bad luck or was the management just incompetent? I choose to believe the latter!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sanjukhatri,

Thank you for choosing our hotel and taking time to give us feedback on your recent stay.

We do rely on our guests to let us know when we have fallen short and I simply ask for the opportunity to speak to you and come to a resolution. My Front Office Manager, Director of Food & Beverage and myself have all made attempts to contact you directly through private message, but unfortunately have not heard back. Please accept my sincere apology. If you would like to discuss this matter in further detail, please contact me at 407-828-8888.

Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back the next time you visit Orlando!

Cleveland, Ohio, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Gary, restaurant manager, remembered family name and kids names, super helpful always ready with handshake and smile.
Iman, best waitress/server....ever !!! greeted us with a smile, remembered all our orders and always asked how our day was going as well as how she could make it better !!!
Paul & Gilbert, best valets I have ever experienced, friendly, knowledgeable, and remembered our names, very helpful and playful with kids !!

Room Tip: go to highest floor, best view, lovely patios.
Green Features: Felt great about leaving a smaller carbon footprint.
Dear officerargie,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at our property! We appreciate your positive feedback.

On behalf of Gary, Iman, Paul, Gilbert and the entire staff we can not wait to welcome your family back again soon.

Located in the WALT DISNEY WORLD® Resort

Been to Holiday Inn Orlando - Lake Buena Vista? Share your experiences!