“Great Deal” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Orlando - Lake Buena Vista

You added Holiday Inn Orlando - Lake Buena Vista to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Orlando - Lake Buena Vista
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1805 Hotel Plaza Blvd, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #18 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Houston, Texas
“Great Deal”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

This was one of several hotels at Downtown Disney. We choose it because it was actually inside the WDW Resort area and because we got a really good deal without the Resort Fees. The area itself is very nice and the hotel is in walking distance to Downtown Disney and offered shuttle service to all Disney parks. The staff was friendly and very helpful with almost anything you asked them. I loved the pool because one side was 0 entry for smaller children. The hotel itself was nothing spectacular. The entire interior was this "institutional" yellow color. The elevator and the area surrounding it had an old musty smell to it. We had adjoining rooms with balconies. One room had a nice view of the pool and the other had a concrete wall to look at. The only real complaint is that I kept finding random hair but I didn't make a big deal about it.

Room Tip: If you actually want a pool view be sure to ask for a room with the wrought iron banister versus the...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
GuestServices1805, Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando - Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear creneek,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at our property! We appreciate your feedback as it helps us to continue to improve our guest experience.

Located in the WALT DISNEY WORLD® Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (513)
  • Greek first
Thibodaux, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I choose this hotel thanks to the reviews that it got on Trip Advisor. I am a person who lives with 0.C.D. and I have a phobia of hotel rooms.. After much consideration I choose Holiday Inn Lake Buena Vista. This hotel was absolutely wonderful . From the moment we drove up and were greeted by the parking guys to the moment we checked out our trip was flawless. The room was spotless , the staff were very nice and helpful and the location to all the parks was great. I would def recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a good , clean, friendly place to stay!!

Dear Vicky M,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at our property! We appreciate your feedback and recommendation for other guest to stay with us. On behalf of the entire staff, we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Orlando.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

This was a lovely place to stay except for one HUGE issue. I had booked and payed for our room months in advance and requested a roll away as our party was 2 adults and 2 children. The kids can't sleep together. Upon check in we were told there are no roll aways at the hotel. We had 2 queen beds and the other option was a room with 1 king and a pull out sofa. It was suggested we go to Walmart and buy an air mattress. NO ROLL AWAY IN A FAMILY HOTEL! We did buy a mattress and it only just fitted in the room. The dining area has a horrible smell too. The buffet breakfast was ok. Walking distance to Downtown Disney which is great also. The staff were all friendly and helpful. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Topsyturn,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at our property! We appreciate your feedback. I personally would like to apologize for the inconvenience with the rollaway however I am glad that the rest of your stay was truly enjoyable.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

My bad luck with the hotel started right from the check-in. The key card did not work and the next key card issued led me to an occupied room, where the previous guest had not checked out. I was given a $80 voucher for the "inconvenience". I really did not care for this because I was on a business trip and my company was footing the bill.
Next morning, my breakfast arrived 40 minutes late. I was comped again - free breakfast which I didn't have time to eat.
That same evening when I dialed the room service to order the breakfast for next morning, I was asked to leave a message but my call was never returned. Then I wanted to iron my shirt but the iron didn't work.
Was it my bad luck or was the management just incompetent? I choose to believe the latter!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sanjukhatri,

Thank you for choosing our hotel and taking time to give us feedback on your recent stay.

We do rely on our guests to let us know when we have fallen short and I simply ask for the opportunity to speak to you and come to a resolution. My Front Office Manager, Director of Food & Beverage and myself have all made attempts to contact you directly through private message, but unfortunately have not heard back. Please accept my sincere apology. If you would like to discuss this matter in further detail, please contact me at 407-828-8888.

Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back the next time you visit Orlando!

Cleveland, Ohio, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Gary, restaurant manager, remembered family name and kids names, super helpful always ready with handshake and smile.
Iman, best waitress/server....ever !!! greeted us with a smile, remembered all our orders and always asked how our day was going as well as how she could make it better !!!
Paul & Gilbert, best valets I have ever experienced, friendly, knowledgeable, and remembered our names, very helpful and playful with kids !!

Room Tip: go to highest floor, best view, lovely patios.
Green Features: Felt great about leaving a smaller carbon footprint.
Dear officerargie,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at our property! We appreciate your positive feedback.

On behalf of Gary, Iman, Paul, Gilbert and the entire staff we can not wait to welcome your family back again soon.

Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Checked in at 4pm after a long long flight, unfortunately room was not quite ready yet, but the friendly officer at the front desk went really out of her way to ensure that we are taken care of in the nicest possible way.
After a short 15 minutes wait, we were shown to an immaculate room as per our reservation.
Have to say that my first impression of the hotel has been top notch, right from the moment I pulled into the lobby up to the moment I am ushered to my room.
The room is also up to a very good standard.
Will surely come back to this hotel the next time I'm in town.

Room Tip: Kingsize bed with sofa bed, the sofa bed is only good for 1 person, be it adult or child.
Dear Irwan B,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at our property! We appreciate your positive feedback and can’t wait to welcome you back on your next trip.

Chalfont St Giles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Excellent position within walking distance of Downtown Disney and with all the Disney site buses coming round regularly. Short drive to great shopping malls. Reasonable size pool with plenty of sunbeds and a small hot tub. Very nice size room and we had a small balcony with a table and 2 chairs big enough for a drink and snack. But the staff are wonderful throughout the property from the parking boys, receptionists, bar staff, restaurant and the chamber maids - everyone smiled and asked with genuine seeming interest whether every thing was ok and could they do anything for us. They all semed to have time to chat and ask what we had done and where we were going so we felt very 'at home' especially as we stayed for 2 weeks and got to know some of them. We used the hotel as a base and went off to visit various places around Orlando (not just Disney) and its position is perfect with some other restaurants nearby not just Downtown.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room so you do not face the highway. Also higher rooms are quieter I understand.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
GuestServices1805, Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando - Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear SonnyDisposition,
Thank you for writing such a terrific and detailed post. You really captured and described a lot of the excellent amenities this hotel has to offer along with giving some good travel advice. The hotel’s location is really a big convenience because it is central to a lot of activities in the Disney/Orlando area. Being located on Disney property also allows our guests take advantage of almost all the Disney amenities as well.
I’m especially pleased to see that you pointed out and recognized our amazing staff here at the Holiday Inn. I know how hard everyone works to deliver excellent service to our guests day-in & day-out. I believe this is the quality that separates this hotel from the 328 other hotels in the Orlando area and keeps our guests coming back. Thank you again for your kind words and I’d like to be the first to invite you back on your next visit to Orlando/Disney. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to make your next visit even better.
Best regards,
Michael Minyon
Area Director of Finance

Been to Holiday Inn Orlando - Lake Buena Vista? Share your experiences!