“Even Better than Expected” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Orlando - Lake Buena Vista

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Orlando - Lake Buena Vista to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Orlando - Lake Buena Vista
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1805 Hotel Plaza Blvd, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #20 of 328 hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
south Wales UK
“Even Better than Expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We were made to feel very welcome from the moment we arrived after the long journey from the UK. Check in was really smooth and efficient, and the reception staff were very pleasant.

Throughout our stay, the valet staff at the front door were also very helpful and polite, helping us with our occasional needs for taxis etc.

We ate dinner in the restaurant once. A little expensive compared to other places in the area, but very good quality, good service and good value for money.

The hotel was always spotlessly clean in all areas.

We had 2 rooms on the top (14th) floor (1403 and 1404) and stayed for 15 nights. The domestic staff were unobtrusive and efficient. The beds were INCREDIBLY comfortable. The only slight negative is that the hotel is very close to the I4, and as a result venturing on to the balcony could be very noisy. Our rooms were directly above the I4, but as the noise was constant and the windows thick, we didn't notice the noise after the first day or so.

It was quite spectacular at times, especially when cars skidded off the road on the clover leaf junction opposite our room - we saw 5 cars spin off into the bushes during our stay!

The swimming pool was so warm that it made you feel that you should take soap and a sponge with you!

The location is excellent, only 10 minutes walk from Downtown Disney. It is also only a 15 minute walk to the Crossroads Mall, which has a wide variety of eating places, although this is uphill and has a rather busy road to cross at the top. However, it was spring Break when we stayed, and driving up to the Crossroad would have taken almost as long, especially at around 7-8pm. I think it is better at other times of the year.

To sum up, I would recommend this hotel as a great place to stay, either for couples or families, and may well stay there again for my next trip in 2 or 3 years' time.

Room Tip: If you get the choice, try to get a room on the opposite side of the building from the I4. This will...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Vika F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando - Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Greetings ifp58,

Thank you for your thorough review of our hotel. I enjoyed reading your review, especially about the 5 cars that spun out of control. Even the the description about how warm the pool is, if I were not an employee I would jump in myself. Thank you for taking the time to write and we hope you will visit us again in the near future.

Best Regards,

Vika Fifita
Front Office Manager

1,695 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (441)
Skowhegan, Maine, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

We somehow didn't realize initially that this hotel provides free shuttle service to all Disney parks and downtown disney (even though it's an easy walk, having the option after 6:00 p.m. is great). So that was a great, unexpected perk. Our only suggesstions for improvement would be to relocate the drop off for Magic Kingdom from the Transportation Center to the park entrance and the Downtown pickup to the Marketplace.

Room Tip: We read reviews that complained about noise and staff confirmed it can get loud in dining area and i...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
GuestServices1805, Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando - Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Hello Lynn H

Thank you very much for your recent, great review of our Hotel.

We are happy to hear that your experience in staying with us was a pleasant one, and truly appreciate your great comments. We also want to thank you for recognizing team members Fouad and Donna and will pass these comments along to them.

We appreciate all your great feedbak and look forwards to seeing you again.

Sincerely

Peter Babadelis

Director of Engineering

Was this review helpful? Yes This hotel truly exceeded our expectations. After full days of chaos and crowds, it was so great to return to the calm and quiet every night. The rooms are clean and modern. The restaurant and bar were also very good. Our waitress, Souad, was very efficient and made good suggestions (ie the apple blossom dessert!). The bartender, Donna, was also very personable and mixes a great strawberry mojito. Really, all of the staff we encountered were friendly, helpful and cheerful. Having snacks available nearly 24/7 (though at Disney prices) was also a plus.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was at its normally high standards, but what set this one hotel apart from ANY other we've ever stayed at was the people! The staff went way above the norm to make our stay the best we've ever had. Each and every employee we met and dealt with was not only very pleasant but made us feel live it truly was their desire to make us happy. I wish I could write about each employee that did this but the review would be at least 5 pages pages long! I must praise one out loud. Ernie Rey, was just standing at the end of the counter as I ask the staff if there was a chance that there was a fan that we could use in our room. Ernie overheard this and after I was told there were no fans to be had Ernie spoke up. Ernie asked if I would return the fan as soon as I no longer needed it. He then walked out to his personal car to bring in a oscillating fan to use because He overheard me telling the others that my son needed it to help with a bad sun burn he got that day. By placing a wet towel over his shoulders then having a Dan blow in it greatly relieves the pain and swelling of a bad burn. Ernie explained that He was in the precess of moving and just happened to have it in His car. This is but one of several ways the staff went out of there way to make our stay more then just the high quality we expect at Holidat Inn.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Ocard

Thank you for your recent review of our Hotel.

We especially appreciate your great comments about our staff, and we want to assure you that we will continue to provide all our guests with the same great service.

We appreciate all your wonderful feedback and we hope you get an opportunity to stay with us again.

Peter Babadelis

Director of Engineering
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I went on vacation with my family and it has been the best decision that we have made. As soon as we walked into the hotel we were excellently greeted by the front desk agents. I have to point out that Adriana and Elvis were very friendly and every time we walked by the front desk they asked us how our day was going and helped us with directions. Also I am very satisfied with the fact that the rooms were spacious and clean. We planned this trip because of my daughters birthday which was unique, we went to Hollywood Studios and after that we went back to the hotel. Adriana went up to the room with a birthday surprise for her. Neither my daughter or myself were expecting to get a gift from the hotel staff. She made my daughters birthday. Excellent staff I am very pleased and happy that I made the decision to stay in this hotel. This experience went above and beyond of my expectations.

daniel M

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such an amazing review about our hotel. I’m glad you had a positive experience from the moment you arrived at our property.

We will make sure that Adrianna and Elvis get the recognition that they deserve for making such a positive difference during your stay. We were very pleased to hear that Adrianna went out of her way to make sure your daughter was surprised on her special day.

Thank you again for your feedback and your 5 star review and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you visit Orlando!

Chula, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Great hotel to stay near Disney parks, we even stayed a extra day. Comfortable beds and hot shower after a long day at the park refreshed you for another day. The breakfast buffet a little pricely....tasted great and Kids under 12 eat free with each paying adult! Greeted by _Gilbert the valet we received the most friendliest service... shuttle bus to all the Disney parks and YES I would definitely stay here again.

Connie H

I’m glad you had a positive experience from the moment you arrived and our friendly valet Gilbert welcomed you to our hotel.

We are thrilled to hear that you had such a great time and enjoyed the accommodations and even decided to stay an extra night!

On your next visit please feel free to contact me directly or any of our management staff if you need anything.

Again we want to thank you for your feedback.

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

This Hotel was extremely reasonable nightly rate (I paid around $110 for a pool view plus $10 a night to park my car), had real bed spreads... no polyester - comfortable beds too, was a 5 minute walk to Downtown Disney, and had free shuttle service every half hour to all the disney parks. There was a fridge and a safe in the room as well. The pool was fantastic with a walk in area for the tiny ones, fountains, and towel service. The pool never was crowded and we were here for school vacation week. There is a buffet breakfast where for every adult in your party, a kid 12 and under eats for free - Its about $17 for hot and cold all you can eat breakfast items and $13 for cold items like cereal, pastries. I am SOOO pleased that we booked here rather than pay top dollar for an outdated low end Disney resort. There were people staying at this hotel that also were going to Universal Studios, Seaworld, or were just there for a conference.

The one thing I would have done differently was drive to the disney parks and pay for the parking, it was much faster than the shuttle if you wanted to leave a resort mid day to swim in the pool and then go back to park later on. We did this 2 out of the 3 days we were there. It really was nice to get the break.

I highly recommend. Its quality without the price tag.

Room Tip: I would pay extra for a pool view. your other options is a parking lot and a high way. It was only...
mexico2000

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel as your vacation destination and for taking the time to fill out such a great review about our property!!!

I am glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us, and especially liked our comfortable beds, amazing pool and easy walk to Downtown Disney.

We hope you visit us again and feel free to contact me directly or any of our staff members if you have any questions.

Dumfries, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Great hotel we stayed here for a day and a half when visiting downtown Disney for the day, staff were brilliant nothing to much very helpful, pool area was quite but well maintained rooms were huge and clean, had a slight problem with breakfast order but because it was slightly late we got it half price and it was to die for and we ate it in bed, well we were on holiday, would recommend and would stay again.

Room Tip: ask for a room on the poolside as you get the sun most of the day
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Vika F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando - Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Hello SKIFFERIT,

Thank you for your review about our hotel. I'm glad that we were able to fix your issue with breakfast and you were able to enjoy it in bed! You're on vacation, you get to enjoy that time for you. Thank you for allowing our hotel host to you during your mini getaway.

Best Regards,

Vika Fifita
Front Office Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Orlando - Lake Buena Vista? Share your experiences!