“Quality, Clean, Convenient without the price tag” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Orlando - Lake Buena Vista

You added Holiday Inn Orlando - Lake Buena Vista to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Orlando - Lake Buena Vista
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1805 Hotel Plaza Blvd, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #18 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Quality, Clean, Convenient without the price tag”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

This Hotel was extremely reasonable nightly rate (I paid around $110 for a pool view plus $10 a night to park my car), had real bed spreads... no polyester - comfortable beds too, was a 5 minute walk to Downtown Disney, and had free shuttle service every half hour to all the disney parks. There was a fridge and a safe in the room as well. The pool was fantastic with a walk in area for the tiny ones, fountains, and towel service. The pool never was crowded and we were here for school vacation week. There is a buffet breakfast where for every adult in your party, a kid 12 and under eats for free - Its about $17 for hot and cold all you can eat breakfast items and $13 for cold items like cereal, pastries. I am SOOO pleased that we booked here rather than pay top dollar for an outdated low end Disney resort. There were people staying at this hotel that also were going to Universal Studios, Seaworld, or were just there for a conference.

The one thing I would have done differently was drive to the disney parks and pay for the parking, it was much faster than the shuttle if you wanted to leave a resort mid day to swim in the pool and then go back to park later on. We did this 2 out of the 3 days we were there. It really was nice to get the break.

I highly recommend. Its quality without the price tag.

Room Tip: I would pay extra for a pool view. your other options is a parking lot and a high way. It was only...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
GuestServices1805, Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando - Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
mexico2000

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel as your vacation destination and for taking the time to fill out such a great review about our property!!!

I am glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us, and especially liked our comfortable beds, amazing pool and easy walk to Downtown Disney.

We hope you visit us again and feel free to contact me directly or any of our staff members if you have any questions.

Josue Padilla
Executive Housekeeper

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (518)
  • Greek first
Dumfries, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Great hotel we stayed here for a day and a half when visiting downtown Disney for the day, staff were brilliant nothing to much very helpful, pool area was quite but well maintained rooms were huge and clean, had a slight problem with breakfast order but because it was slightly late we got it half price and it was to die for and we ate it in bed, well we were on holiday, would recommend and would stay again.

Room Tip: ask for a room on the poolside as you get the sun most of the day
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Vika F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando - Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Hello SKIFFERIT,

Thank you for your review about our hotel. I'm glad that we were able to fix your issue with breakfast and you were able to enjoy it in bed! You're on vacation, you get to enjoy that time for you. Thank you for allowing our hotel host to you during your mini getaway.

Estero, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

The hotel and facilities were what I expected. They were nice, clean, and well kept, but nothing awe inspiring. The staff on the other hand was amazing. At first arrival, Alex the valet, remembered me from my last stay (which was nearly one year ago.. How he remembered is incredible). He welcomed me back, asked about my trip, and helped with the luggage. Throughout the trip, he would make a point to say hello whenever he saw me and made sure I was having a good experience. I myself work at a hotel, and can honestly say that I would want Alex as a part of my staff. The other staff members were also very helpful and accomidating. Adriana and Leslie were great. James from the overnight was also extremely helpful and patiently put up with my late night phone calls and requests when my wife became sick during our trip. He and Alex made the trip memorable, and I will continue to stay at this hotel whenever I am in orlando because of them.

Room Tip: Stayed in a room with 2 queens. Beds were comfortable and plenty of space for me and my wife.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Geoffrey O,

Where do I begin with my thank yous for your review? Because you work in a hotel also, your review comes from an experienced place. It is always good to hear that we met your expectations, but that our staff made your stay even better. Thank you for your comments about Alex, James, Adriana and Leslie. They were excited to hear their names mentioned by you. We hope you visit our hotel again soon.

Quito, Ecuador
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I am a frequent traveler for business and pleasure. This was the typical occasion were I just jumped in the plane and did not make any research about Orlando being this the second time I’ve gone there.
I was pretty pleased by the installations and how welcoming the hotel felt but I have to highlight the extraordinary help that “Adriana” in the front desk was able to provide me. That Saturday morning very diligently Adriana helped me map the easiest way to get around town. She proofed to be very knowledgeable of the Orlando attractions, which theme parks to visit and what would be a fit for my interest. She helped me pick a restaurant for a business dinner and helped me arrange cab pick ups for a couple of clients all this with a great smile in her face and undivided attention to my requests. In conclusion I can confidently say that she was the most joyful, professional and charismatic receptionist I can recall. It is my pleasure to have stayed in this Hotel. I really felt like I was a Honor Guest.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Hello Juan Y,

We appreciate your wonderful feedback on our hotel. Adriana is one of our newest employees and I am excited to hear that she made such a positive impact during your stay. Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel and hope to see you again when you visit Orlando.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

If you are looking for a hotel with the comforts of home but convenient to Walt Disney World, this is your place to stay. As you arrive, you are greeted with a smile by the staff of this hotel. Check in was a breeze. We stayed in a 2 Queen Bed room and they are very clean, spacious and the beds are very comfortable. The rooms have a microwave, mini fridge and a single cup coffeemaker. We had breakfast in the Palm Breeze Restaurant and ordered the Best 4 Value Breakfast (Thank you for the very tasty breakfast, Chef Bob). Getting to Walt Disney World and the other parks were a breeze with the buses that ran every 30 minutes from the hotel. If you need tickets or last minute gifts from Disney, there is a store there to purchase everything you need. I want to thank Crystelle the manager for making our stay very memorable. If you are considering a stay in the Walt Disney Lake Buena Vista area, you will get the most value for your dollar by staying at the Holiday Inn Lake Buena Vista. When we go back to Disney, this is where we will be staying. Thank you for the great visit to Orlando.!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Hello D S,

Thank you for your glowing review of our hotel. Chef Bob and Chrystel were both delighted that they were able to assist in making your stay with us more enjoyable. We appreciate you choosing us as your home away from home during your time in Orlando. Hope you visit with us again soon!

Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I travel a lot and I have to say this hotel had some of the best staff I've ever encountered. I was there for a business meeting doing training for about 50 people. Our group was treated like royalty. Staff attention to detail was exemplary, checking in hourly to see what we needed. One morning a meeting participant mentioned to a colleague that it was her birthday. Overhearing this comment, one of the staff servicing the breakfast buffet brought out a mini birthday cake and led the group in a Happy Birthday song. The whole facility is extremely well maintained, rooms are spacious, beds comfy, and my bathroom was spotless! Compared to other huge hotels in Lake Buena Vista I love the smaller size of this Holiday Inn. I felt like a welcomed and honored guest, not a "number."

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
GuestServices1805, Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando - Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Rebecca P,

Thank you very much for your great review!!

It is great to know you felt welcomed and felt like an honored guest!!

Our staff is always looking forward to hear back from our guests and your kind comments will definitely be passed along to them as I am sure they will be so proud to know that they are the best staff you have ever encountered!!!

We truly appreciate your great feedback and hope you get an opportunity to stay with us again!!!

Chrystel Mattli
Assistant Front Office Manager
Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Great experience overall. From the service of the Valet parking to the receptionist to the bartenders and the servers. Loved the ambience of the room and the set up of the Hotel. The overall aspect of the Hotel gives you a sence of Vacation and cleanness.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear carlos460,

Thank you so very much for your wonderful review!!

I am glad to know that you had a great experience and enjoyed the customer service from our staff, the ambiance of the room and Hotel!

We truly appreciate you taking the time for sharing your feedback and hope to see you next time you visit Orlando!

Chrystel Mattli
Assistant Front Office Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Orlando - Lake Buena Vista? Share your experiences!