“Ehh-nothing spectacular” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Orlando - Lake Buena Vista

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Orlando - Lake Buena Vista to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Orlando - Lake Buena Vista
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1805 Hotel Plaza Blvd, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #16 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Riverton, Wyoming
“Ehh-nothing spectacular”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Nice & clean, very functional hotel. Nothing fancy-didn't really feel like an off-Disney property like you would expect being so close to Downtown Disney. The pool was probably the nicest thing about the property-clean & big & neat design. Kids loved it. The breakfast buffet is a bit of a joke--Way too expensive for what they offer. Close to Downtown Disney-but we didn't ever walk there-not quite that close with little kids & grandparents. Front desk staff at check-in wasn't super friendly. I asked for a room with a pool view or above the 8th floor so we could see the fireworks & was told there would be an additional charge for either one of those options. Opted not to pay the additional-was then put in a room that overlooked/heard the highway & the heating/air conditioning vents on the roof. Almost felt like she punished us by putting us in the worst room just for asking for a nice view. In reality-you don't spend a ton of time in the hotel if you are coming with kid to hit the parks, so not bad-but not great & probably wouldn't stay there again. And-don't get sucked into the offer of going to the HI vacation club sales pitch----we made that mistake & were held hostage for 3 hours (was told up front it would only be 2 hours) & had to deal with numerous sales people that were trying to get us to purchase a condo. Entire hotel was clean.

Room Tip: Ask to Not be put on the highway side...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (468)
Bayside, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stayed at the Holiday Inn in Lake Buena Vista for one night prior to going to a Disney hotel to attend a conference. We arrived a day earlier to go to nearby attractions, and selected this hotel given its location, price and positive reviews on Tripadvisor.

The hotel is in a nice location along a string of hotels (but which have a good distance between them) within walking distance to Downtown Disney if you wanted to walk, and close to the main roads to and from the Disney attractions, along with Route 4. Actually, the back of the hotel where the parking lot is located is adjacent to Route 4.

The hotel looked new with bright lighting and patterns throughout. Staff from the bell hop, valet, front desk, concierge, wait staff and cleaning staff were friendly all the time and greeted you with a smile.

The room was a decent size, was clean and comfortable for sleep. We were in the adjacent tower and we had a view and balcony towards the pool area which looked sizable (although we didnt take advantage of it). The bathroom could have been bigger, and the water pressure could have been a little stronger. The basic amenities were provided including a small fridge and wireless internet (at no charge).

Parking was $10 per night in a well lit area with entrances from the back.

We had the breakfast buffet for $15 per adult and children ate free. The buffet had an omelet/waffle station, along with a decent selection of the usual breakfast items (although the selection could have been a little bigger).

Given the price paid, the location and the overall comfortable rooms and common areas, I would look into staying at this hotel again without question next time we are in Orlando.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Washington DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

This is the second year that my company held a 2 day meeting at this hotel. The staff are really lovely & easy to work with, the room set up is perfect, and the space is clean and quiet. Our meeting participants love being close to Downtown Disney for meals. We'll keep coming back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
GuestServices1805, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando - Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Dear SHale63,

Thank you so much for your amazing five star review of our hotel!!!

Our restaurant is very good and has something for everyone to enjoy.

Our staff is one of a kind and takes great pride in the service they give.

We can’t wait to welcome you back to our family soon!!

Please feel free to contact me directly or any of our Management Staff for any future requests or inquires.

Angela Knapper
Guest Relations Manager
Nottingham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Excellent Location within the Downtown Disney area, parking around here is at a premium, all of the Hotels are barrier controlled. When we arrived the very officious valet attendant insisted we move the car from the empty Hotel drop off point, before taking our bags to the room!

The hotels interior is quiet stark, however when we got to the room, we were surprised by the level comfort & facilities, also the view of Downtown Disney and the fireworks was worth the extra money.

The only real problem is the Hotels Wi-Fi had very poor bandwidth, it was unusable most of the time.

We only ate one meal here, which was very good. The Food choices available at DTD (book ahead, as Friday night had an hour’s wait for a table) and at the Restaurants at the other end of the street is incredible.

Room Tip: Downtown Disney View
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

My husband and I recently got married in October and booked a last minute flight to Orlando from Canada. Neither of us have been to Florida so we looked on tripadvisor and saw the great reviews, price, and location and thought we would book it for the first night and see how we liked it and possibly book the rest of our stay if we did. I have pretty high standards when it comes to hospitality as I have bartended for 6 years, several of them being at a 5 star hotel here in Canada, one that some of the biggest stars from all over the world stay....so needless to say I am I little particular. From the moment of arrival my door was opened by a man named Ernie. Ernie had the ability to make me feel welcome and at home instantly....he is an exceptional man, charasmatic, professional, and geneuine. I made my husband book another night before even seeing the room because of how Ernie made us feel....he was the perfect introduction to Orlando especially for two Canadians with no idea what to expect! After meeting Ernie and then heading to front desk we met the a lovely lady who unfortunately I cannot remember her name but I know it starts with a K!!! She was very warm and welcoming and ensured us that all of our needs would be met on our stay. I have been to some pretty spectacular hotels, but I have never experience a level of service like I did at this hotel. I cannot say enough about Ernie, he made our honeymoon more then just a vacation, he made it an experience that we will never forget. He let us know all of the great local spots for food and entertainment, and the most beautiful beaches Florida has to offer. We were lucky enough to see Ernie almost everyday that we stayed there and when he wasn't there, he ensured that we were would be taken care of by a man named Paul. Paul was also exceptional. He was very knowledgable and made us feel very important and welcome.
To the manager/general manager:
You have a staff that are very rare to find, my hat is off to you as they all love their jobs and are sincerely happy working at your establishment. A happy staff comes from excellent management, so thank you. Your hotel makes the guest experience priority which to me, is more important then anything else. The rooms were very nice, beds were extrememly comfortable, and everything was CLEAN!!!!!! My husband and I are already planning a trip back to your hotel to visit Ernie and all of your wonderful staff. Your staff really do work as a team and your team gave us a honeymoon we will never forget. Thank you all.

Danielle and Ryan Mikolasek

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Vero Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Price was very reasonable for being a newly renovated hotel and even being a Disney Hotel. There is a parking fee of $10.00 parking your self but of course they have Valet also. The greeters outside were very nice gentlemen and polite. The registration/front desk employees were very nice also. Hotel was very clean. The room was very comfortable, FREE wifi is a big bonus, because most hotels now charge for it. The bathroom sink was very small, so that would be the only downfall of the room itself, no where to put your toiletries. When we travel we almost always stay at a Holiday Inn because of the free wifi and complimentary breakfast. This hotel charges for breakfast and was shocked to pay $15 for some scrambled eggs and bacon. That would be my biggest complaint and the only reason they are probably charging it, because its in the downtown disney area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I stayed at this property while on business attending a convention. The hotel was remarkable in comfort, services, safety, cleanliness, style and overall value. I have stayed coast to coast, in all kinds of properties. I have been to the islands, Europe and London, from Canada to Mexico to fantastic rooms on cruise ships. I haven't been everywhere but I have experienced a lot, and I can say without any fear of contridiction my experience for six full days was first class all the way.

Specific detail is paid to guest services and the overall appearance. The staff is very well versed in five star service and I personally witnessed and experienced (day after day for six straight days) consistent and highly professional service.

I just wish to thank the staff and management for everything they did to make my stay comfortable and wish to express to everybody reading this post that this particular property may be branded as a Holiday Inn BUT it is run like an Intercontential Hotel (which actually directly manages the property).

As a GOLD member of the IHG program, and having been a past guest of Intercontential properties in Chicago, NYC, Baltimore, I can stay I felt the level of service and effort at this hotel is superior to those properties. While there are some stray signs of this being a Holiday Inn, every effort is made to rise above the Holiday Inn status.

The fact is this property is special. It is rare to find such responsive, personal, 10+ service anywhere today, and I honestly believe as a 20 year veteran of traveling to Disney for personal and pleasure trips, this Holiday Inn surpasses some of the Disney properties in terms of service and comfort.

It is worth mentioning I have never ever never seen an entire hotel team work together in such a supportive, complimentary manner as this team, and I experienced all shifts. From housekeeping and the front desk to the valet and window cleaners, from the breakfast waiters to the bar to the gift shop, everybody and I mean everybody is first class, top notch, A+++.

I was frankly blown away from my experience. The gym is open 24/7 and while appointed like a traditional Holiday Inn, everything worked and was clean. The king room I had was modern, clean, well appointed and very comfortable and quiet. I would have easily enjoyed six days with my family in king room I had. While the pullout sofa is really just a single bed, there is ample room for a cot, and plenty of floor space should someone bring a sleeping bag and/or need a crib.

I was on the 6th floor facing the pool and enjoyed my view of downtown Disney. If I were higher I would have been able to see 75%+ of the Disney fireworks display (there are two parts to the the hotel, the main building and the "addition", my room was located in the "addition").

The pool area provided plenty of comfort and the pool itself is simple but appropriate, clean and relaxing. The bar and food was very reasonble, tasty, fresh and of quality. While I did find the breakfast buffet to be simple, the staff is very alert and highly professional. The dinning area itself is simple yet modern, clean and comfortable and I had service with a smile and fresh, quality food for every meal.

I had an extraordinary stay and very positive experience, if only all hotel experiences were like this, traveling would be so much fun.

Simply put, this property must be a model for all of IHG, it must be where the future leaders of the industry are trained and mentored because the level of service and comfort truly made it feel like a 5 star stay.

I say "Job Well Done Holiday Inn Lake Buena Vista", you receive my highest recommendation and congratulations on obtaining the highest degree of professionalism in your industry. I suspect this property is the pride, the crown jewel of the Holiday Inn brand.

Oh, one last thing, you cannot beat the location. Downtown Disney is literally walking distance. A Whole Foods and Walmart are a very easy 10 minutes away. As for the hotel itself, it's a perfect size, not too big and not too small.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that will provide the best view of downtown disney, this way you will be able to see...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Orlando - Lake Buena Vista? Share your experiences!