“Wonderful hotel! I couldn't have asked for better.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Orlando - Lake Buena Vista

You added Holiday Inn Orlando - Lake Buena Vista to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Orlando - Lake Buena Vista
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1805 Hotel Plaza Blvd, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #17 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Jacksonville, FL
“Wonderful hotel! I couldn't have asked for better.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

I booked this hotel for my boyfriend's birthday in August 2011. We are huge Disney fans, so I knew he would like it and my son was with it, so I knew I couldn't go wrong. We usually stay at the Regal Sun, now the Wyndham Lake Buena Vista, but the rates were kinda high and their resort fees are ridiculous. I booked here because I work for an Intercontinental hotel and was able to get the employee rate. I booked the King resort view and asked to have cupcakes and balloons delivered to the room before we arrived. The price on that was a bit high, but I know that you pay for convenience, so I could not complain. I received an e-mail before I got there asking if I would like a free upgrade to a pool view, so which I replied, "ABSOLUTELY!". Who doesn't love free. Once we arrived, I go to check in, and find out that I was upgraded AGAIN, to a Disney View room, for FREE! I thought this was awesome. I worked with Crystal at the front desk and she is the one who helped me set up the surprise for my boyfriend. She is amazing. The room was superbly clean, great amenities, great view with a balcony, large flat screen TV. I didn't get to check out the pool, but it looked nice too. The breakfast was pretty decent. It is $14.95 for the full buffet and $9.95 for the continental. We didn't spend much time at the hotel because we went to the park, but I am sure that we would have had fun staying there all day just as well. It is a beautiful place and I will definitely be back again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (517)
  • Greek first
Florence, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

My family stayed for 1.5 days (we left at midnight to drive home). The free transportation to the parks was awesome, staff was courteous and helpful. Kids eat free at the restaurant with a purchasing adult... What more can you ask for? The hotel was clean, pool looked very nice. Our room overlooked the restaurant so it was a little noisy, but we didn't care. They sell tickets to the Disney Parks in their Disney store, no waiting in line at the park!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
GuestServices1805, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando - Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, August 24, 2011
Dear Adkins_jen,

Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out such a great review about our property!!

I am glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us, but I am sorry you got a little bit of a noisy room. Regardless, it does sound like you had a great time and we hope you come and visit us again real soon!!

Please feel free to contact me directly or any of our Management Staff for any future requests or inquiries.

Thank you very much for your feedback as we always look forward to hearing back from our guests!!!

Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

We had read really good reviews on here before the holiday and the hotel definately lived up to it!
We had told the hotel that we would be celebrating our 1st wedding anniversary and on check in they upgraded us to a room with a balcony over looking Downtown Disney.
Every member of staff we came across at the hotel was so friendly and helpful - nothing was ever too much!
Rooms were new, clean, good size, with everything you need inclduing coffee machine, fridge, hairdyer etc.
On the day of our anniversay the hotel sent a bottle of champagne and strawberries up to the room - such a nice suprise!
The complimentary shuttle bus from the hotel to the Disney parks was great. Runs every half an hour and always on time. Buses leave well before and after park closing times.
Pool was great, very clean pool area and plenty of towels.
The hotel is a 5 minute walk to Downtown Disney which was great and also only 10 min walk in the oppposite direction to Crossroads where there are plenty of different restaurants.
Overall the hotel was excellent and we will definately return in the future!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

I have stayed here twice, both times for business. On the 2nd occasion to facilitate a group meeting. I cannot offer enough praise for the outstanding service, food, accommodations and attentiveness of the staff. And it was genuine!! All of us at the meeting commented everyday on how exceptional EVERYTHING was. Thank you for going above and beyond in everything you do..

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
GuestServices1805, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando - Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, August 20, 2011
Dear rjl5026,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post this great review!! Our team members always look forward to reading our reviews - especially awesome ones like this one!!!

We are very happy to hear that your business travels have been exceptional thus far.

I personally hope you have the opportunity to spend some vacation time with us in a near future as well!!

Thank you once more.

Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

We originally had reservations at the Wyndham and had major problems with the room. We left there and tried this hotel. Loved the room! Very clean and a great looking room. We will stay here again for sure. Very recommended!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear jarrettm,

Thank you so much for staying with us & we are very happy you enjoyed your stay and loved the room!

We look forward to seeing you soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 weeks at the end of June/early July. We had a two week ticket for Disney and this was a perfect choice of hotel. We chose not to drive on this holiday as the free shuttle service was fabulous. (every 30 mins from before the parks open til 90 mins after each closes). They all have wheelchair lifts also. Very efficient service. Downtown Disney was a 5 min walk and the crossroads restaurants and small supermarket only 10 mins in the other direction. The hotel also has a free shuttle to the outlet stores but not great times and the lynx bus stops outside taking you to seaworld or the Florida Mall. Not so convenient for universal studios it would be a few buses or a taxi (about $30 each way).

The hotel itself was spotlessly clean, great customer service; well beyond the call of duty, very friendly. The rooms were fine; if only a little small. The restaurant was reasonably priced with decent menu, open til late and there was a convenient little grab and go for snacks. The pool is nice and clean with plenty of beds and towels. The jacuzzi was very hot but not very strong.

Overall this is a fabulous hotel at a very good price, in an excellent location. We have been to Orlando 6 times and this is our favourite so far!

• Stayed June 2011
Dear Liamsmum123,

Thank you very much for spending your 2 week vacation here with us!!

Our staff always looks forward to reading our reviews - especially great & flattering ones such as this one!

We hope to continue being your favorite hotel destination whenever you come to visit us next time.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011 via mobile

We loved this hotel. We had 2 interconnecting rooms with Disney fireworks view. The rooms were clean and comfortable and recently refurbished. The balcony was great to sit out and watch the fireworks. Its a great location considering Orlando is so spread out. There is no such thing as being close to everything in Orlando. So this hotel suited us fine, as it was close to Disney parks with free well air-conditioned bus transport to all Disney parks every half hour. The buses were on time and easy to use.
The restaurant has kids eat free all day every day (one child free per paying adult) so this made prices very reasonable. The breakfast buffet has everything you need to get you through a big day at the theme parks.
Plenty of other restaurants in the same general area. We thoroughly recommend families to stay here for value for money and location.
If we return to Orlando, we would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011
Dear LyndyMB,

Thank you for taking time to post such a wonderful review about our property.

I am very glad that you were able to enjoy or Downtown Disney view rooms and had the chance to see the beautiful display of fireworks at night!

If you ever do return to Orlando, please feel free to contact me directly or any of our Management Staff for any future requests or inquiries.

2010 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence

Been to Holiday Inn Orlando - Lake Buena Vista? Share your experiences!