“Great location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #215 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Melbourne, Australia
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Fantastic location across the road from Downtown Disney - but venture a little further for cheaper meals. The rooms are fine (quite clean but a little small for the proce) but the pool area is the highlight. The regular buses to the different Disney Parks are so convenient and a rental car office on the premises is great. Nice little cafe and mini mart - but expensive as expected. Definately stay here for the transport options and pool - how much time do you spend in your room anyway when at Disney?

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (564)
Austin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Just spent a week here attending a conference. I had upgraded to a suite for extra comfort. When I checked in I was surprised that the suites are in a separate building that have NO views. The room was not impressive for a suite. The next day I had them downgrade me to a regular room and was given a nice room on the 20th floor. I had a partial view of the fireworks. The rooms were average at best, but the staff were all very nice. The A/C does not dry out the room which leaves it feeling damp all of the time.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Taunton, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Well, I only stayed one night, for no particular reason other than moving onto another city. I would stay there again. Location of this hotel is perfect, across the street from Downtown Disney. I travelled with my sister and her two children 6, & 8. The kids first remark was why is the room so small? We have stayed at many Disney properties, villas included, this may be why. The room was clean, a bit small but the main fault I found was the split bath, sink/vanity separate from the shower and toilet. The vanity area was very tight, no counter space. It was hard to maneuver around each other getting ready and not enough outlets. The bathroom was clean. The beds were only full sized, kind of too small even with small children.

We were not there long enough to enjoy amenities, but the valet was nice, bell hops as well. Self Parking was very far away and not very good lighting. The pool area looked nice, although to cool to swim. Our room had a nice view of Downtown Disney. The property was nice for the price and great location. We did not eat in the hotel. My favorite part was being able to jog over to and through Downtown Disney in the am.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

The hotel was outdated, needs a facelift and was very dirty. There were bugs in the corners of the bathroom near the tub. The vents were dirty and dusty. The entire time of our 3 day stay the same two bobby-pins remained on the floor....they were there when we got there and there when we checked out.

I called before I came to find out if you had blow dryers. There was not one in my room. I called and it took over an hour to get one. We also had a flood in our bathroom.....response time for that was 90 minutes.

No mini-bar, no drinking water and no place on the premise for a decent lunch.....even the pool cafe was closed at lunch time. I had to go elsewhere if I wanted something besides a pre-packaged salad, bagel or croissant!

The back of the TV kept falling off.....we never touched it....only used the remote control.

For the price of these rooms, not only was I disappointed, but all of the women from the group were in agreement this hotel was not worth the money and had much to be desired.

The only good thing I can say is the sports bar that didn't open til 4:00 had good food and drinks. Also, Downtown Disney was only a short walk away. They never gave us info on shuttles at all......

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

The Buena Vista Palace was recommended to me by two co-workers only after I booked another close by hotel which they steered me away from. I wound up cancelling the other reservation ($25 penalty) in favor of BVP. BVP was offering a very reasonable Florida Resident discount during our recent stay (February), as wasDisney. The room was spacious, clean and updated. We asked for and received a room on a high floor. The view of Downtown Disney at night and during sunrise was beautiful; however, I was a bit disappointed that I was told I would be able to see the 8pm Disney fireworks and the 9pm Epcot fireworks but could not...unless I hung off the small balcony (which turkey vultures like to frequent) and torked my body to the very right side of the tower.

We did venture downstairs to the Kook Sports Bar one night. The service and drinks were fine but the venue seemed outdated. We did receive a 20% discount to the onsite hotel restaurant Avu Avu(?) but the appearance was dark, dingy and also outdated; therefore, we opted to eat dinner elsewhere. The onsite hotel breakfast restaurant had great banana pancakes!

We enjoyed free transportation to the parks, although we had to wait an extended period of time when being picked up after a long day in the park. Very easy walk to Downtown Disney where we took in the Cirque du Soleil show (fabulous and worth the $) and good eats and live entertainment at Bongos Cuban Cafe. One night we took a Taxi to International Drive and ate at the newer Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse. Although pricey, highly recommended!

Overall a great stay and will return to and recommend the Buena Vista Palace!

Room Tip: *Ask for a high room in the main tower with a Downtown Disney/Fireworks view!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Came to Orlando to take in the Hilton Grand Vacation Club sales pith and elected to stay here for a couple of nights. Well, HGVC customers are second class citizens at this Palace. Do not take room 536!!!! Or any room on the fifth floor. Hotel is not bad with the pool areas being spacious and comfortable. Our room was nicely decorated and comfortable. The room and bathroom were dusty with dirty soap dishes the norm. Not a big fan of other people's soap scum there for the touch!! Recent renovations have been done, but touch up work, such as painting the trim, was shoddy at best. TV and plumbing all worked okay. Will try somewhere else on our return trip

St Louis, MO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

Rooms are old, dirty. This place really needs a renovation. Close to downtown Disney but still. Carpet is gross throughout the entire hotel. Bathrooms are terrible. Please fix this hotel used to be great. I can't believe Disney allows current state

• Stayed February 2013

Been to Buena Vista Palace Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!