Stayed here for 14 days while visiting Disney from the UK.
Check in was fairly smooth and were understanding when we asked not to leave a hold as we didn't plan on charging anything to the room during our stay.
The room was on the 21st floor in the main building overlooking Downtown Disney. It was a great view it must be said.
Housekeeping on the whole was very good. regardless of when we left the room in the morning it was always done by the time we came back, even once when we went out at 10 and came back at 11.30.
Whilst being an older hotel, I feel its quite well kept. Main lobby and rooms are well presented considering.
I personally didn't mind any issues in relation to parking. There was no more than a few minutes walk back and you can cut through the convention area to get back to the main room. I've known much worse situations :).
The small shop is useful but quite overpriced.
The bed was very very confortable.
We used the resort transport twice and it was fine. Very regular and friendly drivers.
However, there are a few negatives:
- Firstly on one day we left the card for the bed to be changed. This was done but at 12 at night that evening the clock alarm in the room went off. I had not touched the clock at all (I set my alarm on my phone so had absoloutely no need). I think its obvious that the cleaner was less than pleased on changing the bed and decided to get her own back. I was less than impressed, especially considering we were leaving extremely generous tips every single day. Very bad service and I was not impressed.
- The pools; One is cold water and two are 'heated'. The heated ones were not anywhere near arm enough, especially the adults only pool.
- Bugs; Yes, there are definately some nasty critters getting in, even on the 21st floor. A couple of days before we left I was bitten all over my legs. It happened over night and was either in the bed or in the room. I have to say, I don't think its the bed and I think its mostly likely to be because the balconay floor was open at some point in the evening and some nasty critters have flwon in, got trapped in the room over night and had a feast on my legs
-Staff; Whilst we were there, one wekeend, there was a student convention attending. The students were very well behaved but the attitude of a goup of staff shocked me. When in the small minimart shop there were three members of staff talking about the convention which was due to arrive earlier that day. The three men were talking about the student girls that would be attending and what they were hoping to get to do with said women. I think that attitude completely stank to be honest and I left the minimart.
Now none of these were going to get me down, I was on a nice long holiday and none of these ruined my holiday. However, I di think people should be aware of these things before they arrive.
Would I go back....possibly. Mainly for the location and the comfy bed (when the alarm doesn't go off or I'm not the dish of the day for some insect)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Buena Vista Palace Hotel & Spa offers 1,014 guest rooms and suites. Amenities include 3 pools, lighted tennis court, basketball and sand volleyball courts, 6 restaurants/lounges and a full-service spa. Located inside Walt Disney World, next to Downtown Disney, featuring over 75 specialty shops/restaurants. Guests enjoy access to 4 Disney golf courses and complimentary transportation to all Disney theme parks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TravelClick, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Buena Vista Palace Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buena Vista Palace Hotel And Spa
- Buena Vista Palace Orlando
- Lake Buena Vista Palace