This was our second visit,and we enjoyed it even more, than our first visit, two years ago. This trip, we stayed on the 14th floor in the main building. Large, comfortable room with a great king bed. The bedding is soft and of good quality. The comforter is very nice, but it was too hot for us. We found a cotton blanket folded on the top shelf of the closet, put this on the bed at night, and it provided the perfect warmth for us. They provide pillows all different kinds; some soft, firm, and there are plenty of them.The room has a full sized desk, chaise lounge,and a good tv; we found there were ample channels, from Lifetime to sports and all major channels, as well.
Each room has a small balcony, with a table and 2 chairs, which is a nice place to enjoy morning coffee, or a glass of wine (each room has a fridge that works well, just be sure to look under the lowest shelf, and turn the indicator to a chillier setting,when you arrive).
The air conditioning works well, and is quiet,and we found the hotel quiet,in general, which made it great for sleeping. The bathroom and sink area are separate, which is handy. There is a large shower, no tub in our room, which was no problem for us. Housekeeping did a great job of cleaning our room, and leaving us extra towels as soon as we asked for them.
Hotel staff is friendly and helpful. There's a small cafe, a store for basics, and 2 nice pools, as well. It's also a very close walk to Downtown Disney (cross the covered wooden bridge to the pool area; exit the spa door, lower level, walk through the patio there, and take a left,to the bridge. Once you cross the bridge, go right on the sidewalk and you'll cross the street to Downtown Disney ,crossing at the corner is safer). There is also a small shopping center if you walk left after reaching the main road; it's about 20 minutes' walk on a nice, shady sidewalk
The hotel provides a free shuttle to DisneyWorld, Downtown Disney, and the shopping center, too.
Looking forward t returning to this hotel, as they seem to upgrade something each time we visit; add another perk, and continue to show excellent customer service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Buena Vista Palace Hotel & Spa offers 1,014 guest rooms and suites. Amenities include 3 pools, lighted tennis court, basketball and sand volleyball courts, 6 restaurants/lounges and a full-service spa. Located inside Walt Disney World, next to Downtown Disney, featuring over 75 specialty shops/restaurants. Guests enjoy access to 4 Disney golf courses and complimentary transportation to all Disney theme parks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Odigeo, Venere, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Buena Vista Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buena Vista Palace Hotel And Spa
- Buena Vista Palace Orlando
- Lake Buena Vista Palace
- Buena Vista Palace Hotel & Spa