Sure, they can boast about location since they are literally just across the street from downtown Disney....but that IS where the bragging ends! Upon check in I asked to be in the main building. They sent me across to the "Island" because I had asked for a quiet room. The room was 2 doors down from a noisy elevator. I was then moved to a room, main tower 11th floor. Smelled of cigarette smoke and had "ashes" all over the place to prove it. When I called housekeeping the maid was escorted to my door by her manager, observed the "dust", then an angry maid slammed her vacuum all around the room and blamed my inconvenience on the ceiling fan. The smoke smell lingered until I could take it no more! I was then moved BACK to the island in a two room suite for $50 extra a night! What a gotcha!! Check in failed to give me my "kids eat free voucher" and the Outback restaurant, though I told them when I made my reservation and upon arrival that I was not given any paperwork, said they would call the front desk. Well, no one told the waiter and he was very indignant!! Said he called about the free drink but was not told he had to call about the free kid's meal. I had to leave my table go to the front desk to get something THEY forgot to give me! Ok, so it can not get any worse right? WRONG!!! I had ants in my room in the bathroom on the night we checked in. No biggie, we ARE in Florida, ground floor and it is 76 degrees on November 10! Ants night 2.....early morning bathroom run and there awaits a ROACH!!! Bags, off of floor, zipped and I dial the hotel operator, speak to the kind Garth and say..."ants I can understand, the roach has got to go!! I killed him with my Lysol spray, but I want the room sprayed in the morning please sir!" Yes, the room was sprayed but now what?? My alarm clock, which I have not touched all week goes off moments before this 12:29 am review!!! Yes, that's right, the oldest "we are tired of you" trick in the book, the old "let's disturb your sleep and set the alarm clock to wake you up at midnight thing!"
I travel to Disney every year with several families....we are 7 families strong this year all with children and $$$$ in tow! We spread out, compare properties, and carefully plan for next year's trip! This was the first year any of us have stayed at the Lake Buena Vista Palace and Spa and I promise you, it will be THE last!!
It has literally been my personal trip to hell!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Buena Vista Palace Hotel & Spa offers 1,014 guest rooms and suites. Amenities include 3 pools, lighted tennis court, basketball and sand volleyball courts, 6 restaurants/lounges and a full-service spa. Located inside Walt Disney World, next to Downtown Disney, featuring over 75 specialty shops/restaurants. Guests enjoy access to 4 Disney golf courses and complimentary transportation to all Disney theme parks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Expedia, Despegar.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Buena Vista Palace Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buena Vista Palace Hotel And Spa
- Buena Vista Palace Orlando
- Lake Buena Vista Palace