“We Love This Place!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #202 of 329 hotels in Orlando
Port Charlotte, Florida
“We Love This Place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

At this point I've stayed at the Buena Vista Palace on three separate locations, so I'd say I'm pretty familiar with it. It can be a bit pricey at the height of the season, but it can't be beat.

The location is fabulous. With Downtown Disney right across the street, you always have a place to go for a walk or a meal amid the Disney atmosphere, and frequent shuttle buses depart for all the Disney parks.

The rooms are large, comfortable, have fridges, and feature balconies with good views. If you time it right, you can see the fireworks from Magic Kingdom. And I love the soap so much that I've brought some home with me every time!

Downstairs is a mini-mart where you can pick up light meals, wine, and Starbucks any time.

Most recently I stayed over a weekend to celebrate my daughter's 27th birthday. What a great time to get a complimentary bottle of wine and a $75 dinner coupon at The Outback downstairs in the hotel! This is not your normal chain Outback Steakhouse--it's an excellent restaurant with great service and an indoor koi pond. I had lost my coupon somewhere along the way, but they honored it anyway and treated us like royalty. And when the waiter spotted my daughter's "Happy Birthday" button from Disney, he brought her a HUGE piece of cheesecake with a candle sparkling on top. We both ordered the Chef's Special three-course dinner for $35. With a choice of salmon or Delmonico, we were both completely happy with how the meat/fish was prepared and had a lovely evening. Make reservations during the season, because it does get busy at the restaurant.

Room Tip: Water view is good. Don't leave the sliding door open at night if you're near the Downtown...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
JoannaFordBVP, Guest Relations Manager at Buena Vista Palace Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear Suzymobile47, Welcome back and Happy Belated Birthday to your daughter. Thank you for your wonderful review. It was a real pleasure to read. I am so glad that your stay with us here was a memorable one. I will be sure to share your feedback with our entire team as it is always gratifying to know that we have provided exceptional service and that their efforts did not go unnoticed. Thank again for posting your review. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Most sincerely,

2,666 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (453)
  • Turkish first
Safety Harbor, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

The hotel was clear and very upscale. The check-in area was not easy to find. You just didn't walk up to the counter. You had to go around a hall way and then continue in the back of the hotel. The check-in is actually on the 3rd floor which is confusing as the restaurants are on the 1st floor. Th room was clear and very modern. The sheets were a little too starchy/itchey. We had a nice view of the fireworks from Epcot which was nice. Downtown Disney is directly across the street which was a plus. The shuttle to Epcot was longer than we expected. The ride home took 30 minutes and we were only 5 miles away. We ate breakfast at the Buffet. Price was a little steep $19.95++ . Eggs tasted funny. Everything else was good. If I had a choose next time I would chose another hotel nearby.

Room Tip: Ask for a room where you can see the fireworks and away from the elevators. The elevators are every...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Milton, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stayed here 3 nights for a conference and I found the resort to be great. The location is very convenient to Downtown Disney (right across the street). They even have a bus stop that will pick you up from the resort to take you to the Disney Resorts. There are a few restaurants on site, pool, outdoor activities, gym, spa, and other amenities. The rooms are very nice and each includes its own little balcony that adds a nice touch. I would definitely consider coming here again.

Room Tip: 26th floor is the top floor. it is a great view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear bentleyj111, Thank you for the nice review. We are so delighted that you enjoyed your stay during your conference at our hotel. And very pleased that you had the opportunity to experience the hotel and great location during your busy schedule. Thanks for the great feedback and we hope you can com back soon so spend more time here at our hotel. Most sincerely,
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Just got back from three nights here. The price is good, the location is good. The hotel is large, friendly, good rooms, good bathroom, comfortable beds. Three big problems for me - the free wifi is so weak the signal barely reaches your room and you can not download new mail, data, etc. so it is basically useless. Second problem was the mold in our room. We literally had it covering the AC grill, there was mold on the bedroom ceiling, on the bedroom walls, on the bathroom walls and ceiling. I did not notice this anywhere else in the hotel, in the common areas, just in our room. Don't know if this is a hotel wide problem, or just our room. Third, the sheets on one of the beds in our room were all stained up and dirty. I don't think our sheets had been changed from the previous user. There were dirty shoe marks on the sheets like a sneaker imprint. Perhaps this was a permanent stain on the sheets and not necessarily dirty sheets, but it was a bit of a turnoff. Another plus was that the towels were large, soft and plentiful. Water pressure is good in the shower. Overall, the hotel is probably a very good deal for those in the Disney area. Not quite sure I would stay there again, but am not ready to completely rule it out yet.

Southwest US
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I visited Orlando the last week in October for a business meeting and trade show and took the family along to enjoy Orlando's attractions before and after my two days of meetings. My conference was held at the Buena Vista Palace Hotel so I stayed there. We stayed at the Marriott Residence Inn near Sea World for three nights prior to checking in at the Buena Vista Palace. Traveling with a family of five, I was initially concerned about needing to get a suite to accommodate everyone, but the front desk quickly had a rollaway sent to our room and didn't charge me for it which made me very happy.

Compared to the Residence Inn, this hotel had quieter rooms and better beds, bedding, towels, views (pool), front-desk service, and proximity to Disney. The Residence Inn had a better and more convenient pool area. My kids gave the Palace the thumbs up over Residence Inn which is a pretty lofty endorsement. I may have received a great room rate with the conference, but I compared my rate (around $98) against other options and we stayed here for at least $50 per night less than we would have spent staying at the Disney-owned budget hotels like Pop Century. We had a rental car which made it easy to get to the many nearby and inexpensive restaurants for breakfast. I can't comment on the hotel's breakfast other than to say that the one breakfast I had as a conference attendee was excellent. My only mild complaint is that this hotel and its grounds are expansive so it is a fairly long distance to walk to the self-parking and pool areas. However distances are all relative as these walks are a piece of cake when compared to the distances you will walk at the theme parks.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Sulu32. Thank you so much for taking the time to share yours and your families experience here at the palace during your conference. I was so glad that you and your family had a wonderful stay and enjoyed the comfort of our guestrooms, our fantastic location to Disney and great amenities. It was extra special to know that the kids love us. We hope you will come back to visit us again real soon.

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We loved our stay in the Family Island Suite. Plenty of room. ..very clean. Two bathrooms, two great TVs, two balconies overlooking the pools and palms and excellent coffee to brew for the morning. Our internet hook up worked fine and I loved the products in the room..same ones are used in their Spa. The King bed and Pillows were very comfortable.
I did have a massage before we left and the Spa was lovely..the perfect ending to walking around Magic Kingdom & Epcot for 3 days.
The free shuttle to Disney Parks is easliy accessible although we did opt to use one of the private cars on property to drive us to the park one morning ($21)..it was perfect and the driver dropped us right at Epcot entrance.
The pool areas are lovely and we enjoyed the buffet breakfast before heading to the parks.
We also walked across street to Downtown Disney twice..very convenient. Enjoyed Raglan Road there for dinner one eve (fun Irish fare and entertainment) and Wolfgang Puck express for lunch.
We had wonderful customer service at the hotel and would definitely return and recommend.

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor in building near pools. It's a little walk to lobby, restaurants &...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the fantastic review. I am so delighted to read that your family suite accommodations and amenities exceeded your expectations. I was also glad to know that you were able to enjoy the pool area and buffet breakfast as well as take advantage of the other great amenities the hotel has to offer. Thank you for the wonderful compliments and we hope that you have the opportunity to visit us again in the near future. Sincerely,
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

This property is across the street from Downtown Disney. If it wasn't for the location, this property would fail. When I opened the door to my room, a very strong smell permeated the air. The room air conditioner was off and apparently had been for some time as the smell was either mildew or mold, perhaps both. I turned the A/C on and went to dinner hoping the A/C would improve the conditions, it did not. The next room they moved me to was a connecting room and the room next door had the TV volume up so loud it was unbearable. Third room was ok. The hotel made no effort to do anything other than provide lip service.

Very small closets, no counter space in bathroom, old shower tubs, but really good shower head and water pressure. Avoid the sports bar. Although they had many screens the audio set-up only plays sound from one game for the entire bar. Majority of patrons wanted audio for a college game, but manager said no. Told him the great thing about trip advisor was that everyone would know and now you do.

Hotel is in need of major renovation and total retraining of what customer service is.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Buena Vista Palace Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!