“Go elswhere!” 1 of 5 stars

Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #282 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
“Go elswhere!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2005

The location for our court appt. was great, but the carpets and all the place smell terrible. Shame in such a nice downtown location.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2005

This was the most disgusting hotel I've ever stayed in. The rooms were not clean, nor did they get clean while we were there for three days. The carpets are in horrible shape and need a good wash...there was even gum stuck to portions of the floor! The bedspreads were in horrible shape and had blood stains on them, among other things that we didn't even want to know what they were. The light switches, phone, lamps, etc.. were all extremely dirty. I cannot say one postive thing about this hotel. There was no shuttle like the ad said, there was no USA Today newspaper like the ad said, high speed internet was nowhere to be found, and there was no alarm clock (or clock in the room period). The list goes on and on. I would never recommend a Travelodge to anyone EVER as another group of friends stayed at a Travelodge on the other side of Orlando during the same week and their horror stories were worse.

• Stayed January 2005
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2004

Do Not Stay at this Hotel!
The front desk agent in the day was perhaps the rudest and maybe even the fattest man I have ever met. Not only did he curse at me, when I told him hospitality personal should not treat anyone that way, he told me I could leave because I was probaly a prostotute (I was wearing shorts & and t-shirt and was very well groomed). In addition, he would not let me speak to a manager, claiming he was the only person working there and there was no manager.

A few minutes later I saw the same man smoking at the enterance of the travelogde. I didn't even get a chance to stay at the travelodge, but from the trashy looks I know I was lucky not to

1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2004

Well, I guess you get what you pay for. Or, more appropriately, you DON'T get what you DIDN'T pay for. Checked in to the Travelodge for a night of partying at the downtown clubs and didn't want to drive home (30 miles away). Well, first thing I noticed was the weird smell. But okay, let that go. Okay, the rugs were NASTY - like didn't want to walk barefoot on them nasty! Okay, I can still deal with this. Except the bathroom - the floor looks like my best friend from college's did, and he did not wash it ONCE in the two years I knew him. Nasty is an understatement, and the shower was no better. The furniture was falling apart (the drawer on the dresser DID fall apart when I opened it), and the bed smelled weird, was oddly musty-damp and was rock hard. I didn't even unpack, because I knew there was NO WAY I was sleeping in that bed!

Needless to say I stopped drinking halfway thru the evening so I could drive my butt home and avoid sleeping there (bye-bye to my $45).

The only things this place has going are the low price ($45 - $55) and the great location (like 3 blocks from the center of the Orange Ave. clubs). I would recommend the Marriott Courtyard a block away - it's very clean, and only $99.

• Stayed April 2004

Been to Travelodge Orlando Downtown Centroplex? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Travelodge Orlando Downtown Centroplex

Address: 409 N. Magnolia Ave., Orlando, FL 32801
Location: United States > Florida > Central Florida > Orlando
Business Center with Internet Access Free Parking Restaurant Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #282 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Hotel Class:2 star — Travelodge Orlando Downtown Centroplex 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Wyndham, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Hotels.com so you can book your Travelodge Orlando Downtown Centroplex reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Orlando Centroplex Travelodge Hotel Orlando
Travelodge Orlando
Orlando Travel Lodge
Orlando Travelodge

If you own or manage Travelodge Orlando Downtown Centroplex, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.