“Great Birthday Celebration” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Johns Creek, Georgia
“Great Birthday Celebration”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

For the past six or more years we have gone to the Villas of Grand Cypress to celebrate my wife's birthday. We look forward to the trip every year. The newly decorated rooms are beautifully done. The Golf is the best in Florida. We enjoy breakfast The Grill and a drink at the bar after golf.
The staff treats you like you are the only guest in the resort. From the reception at the front desk to the people maintaining the grounds, you are always greeted with a smile. The Pro Shop staff and starters make sure your golfing experience is the best even if you are not a great golfer, like me.
My wife and I are looking forward to next July and just maybe we will return to our favorite get away sooner.

Room Tip: The Club Suite is a good value but up if you can upgrade to the one bedroom villa looking out on the...
Green Features: The One Bedroom Villa has a full energy efficient kitchen with two bins for trash one being for recycling.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
JYost_DOR, Manager at Villas of Grand Cypress, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
We vote sooner! I cannot wait for all the future birthdays we still have to celebrate with you and your wife. Here’s to many happy returns of the day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

We stayed here for a week as a family of 5. Two adults 3 children.
We stayed in a two bedroom villa which was fantastic. Nice and clean and calm surroundings.
The towels were soft and fluffy and everyone was friendly and polite.
The only thing which I found irritating and I really think they should look into doing, is there are no Parasols over the sun beds around the pool.
I've got small children and I don't like sitting in direct sunlight so I found this really annoying.
It's a shame as we would of sat out there more and spent more money at the pool bar if my sunbed had a parasol over it. The kids also needed a to cool off and sit in the shade. A real shame.
Apart from that I would recommend this hotel especially if you want to get away from the hustle and bustle of Disney.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
How nice that you were able to find some respite from the “hustle and bustle” of Orlando at the Villas. Thank you for your suggestion regarding our pool area; I’ve shared it directly with our pool area director. We’ll keep the towels extra fluffy for your next visit!
Monterrey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

We had an amazing experience
We could fish, play golf and relax, everything we expected from our vacations. The service was outstanding. We are specially grateful with Mr Wes who attended all of our requests. We definetly want to return.

• Stayed July 2014
Golfing, fishing, and relaxing: three things we’re very used to doing here at the Villas. We definitely want you to return, too!
christchurch
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We have just spent two week here with a party of 9

Pro - location is great, villa pool is not busy and you can use facilities at grand Hyatt, villas good size and great bathrooms and full kitchens, nice to have peace and quiet after busy day at parks. Cafés on site and golf is good

Con - air conditioning in the larger villas was not consistent so some rooms cold others warm, standard of cleaning and clearing could be improved in villas and grounds. We had a couple of incidents where they dropped the ball service wise but it was sorted, however for a resort of this standard they shouldn't have happened. Overall we really enjoyed our stay and if they addressed a couple of areas I would give them an excellent

• Stayed July 2014
How wonderful that the location of the Villas was so convenient for your trip itinerary! I’m glad to hear that our team was able to sort out any issues that occurred during your stay. I’m sorry to read that there were air conditioning issues with your accommodations; I’d like to have our engineering department take a look at the unit you stayed in to make sure we are providing the peak of luxury to every guest. If you wouldn’t mind giving me a phone call at 407-239-1947 to provide me with your unit and any other information, I would love to hear from you.
Manchester, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

My husband and I are so looking forward to our upcoming annual anniversary respite at the Villas of Grand Cypress.
Our expectations have always been met and exceeded at the Villas. We have been enjoying the wonderful lodging and the fantastic staff for years and cannot wait to slip into the pool with a cocktail.
See you soon!
Tom and Denise Schaeffer

Room Tip: The one bedroom villas is amazing!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
We enjoyed having you last year and we cannot wait to enjoy having you at the Villas again this year, Mr. and Mrs. Schaeffer! And don’t forget a good book to read with that cocktail by the pool!
Johns Creek, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Another Birthday spent at Villas of Grand Cypress. Even though I am a year older I'm still
having great fun at Grand Cypress. My husband and I love playing their golf courses and tried to get in 36 holes each day depending on the rain pattern.
After golf, we enjoy having a drink at the bar in the grill, where the bartenders are very knowledgable..

There has been a birthday surprise for me every year in our one bedroom villa which is the best.
Thank you Joe, Concierge, housekeeping staff, which is top notch, morning servers at breakfast
who can't be beat, Thomas in the golf shop and especially Jeff Yost, who always goes out of his way to make our stay so enjoyable.

Room Tip: The one bedroom villas are superb, but that being said, the club rooms are also great. There is not...
Green Features: Although I am not up-to-date on Grand Cypress's environmentally-friendly practices, I am sure they do everything they can to save on energy.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
I’m so glad you continue to spend your birthdays with us here at the Villas. I hope they are as special for you as they are for us! See you next year!
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I book hotels and such based on reviews I read here on Tripadvisor, so I expected good things here. however, this place exceeded my expectations. First of all, I mentioned in my comments at booking that my daughter was celebrating her 18th birthday the day of our arrival. a couple of weeks before our arrival, Kim the concierge called me to get ideas for my daughter. When we arrived at our villa, we saw the dining room table was covered in pink, with a huge and gorgeous bouquet of flowers, a large personalized birthday cake complete with candles in the shape of "18", and an arrange ment of Mylar and latex balloons. My daughter was very pleased, the cake was delicious, and the flowers stayed fresh for a very long time. Kim definitely scored a home run!

Our villa was very clean, spacious, beautifully appointed. definitely a home away from home. our villa backed up to the lake, and even when it rained, it was beautiful. Lots of outdoor seating on the deck, and patios off the dining room, and master suite. We cooked meals, used room service ,and ate at restaurants on site. Cannot rave enough about the food, we were quite pleased with everything we had. Housekeeping staff kept everything clean and fresh. I would only suggest that the villas be stocked with pot holders, and dish towels.

This is a great alternative to staying at the amusement park hotels. Once you leave the parks, and enter the Villas of Grand Cypress properties, it's like a different vacation. You don't even realize the parks are practically your neighbors here, the environment is so lush, serene, and beautiful. Excellent golfing facilities, to accommodate all levels of golfers. Enjoyed the workout room, the equipment was enough to get a good workout. All staff was kind, courteous, and wanted our stay to be a great one. It was.We are definitely returning. We have stayed at many properties in Orlando though the years, and this one is by far the total package, definitely the best.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
That we exceeded your expectations is a delight to read! Kim is already ready for the next shindig, so make sure you come back soon; you know where the party is at!

Been to Villas of Grand Cypress? Share your experiences!